“Nice hotel but not for 5 stars”

Theophano Imperial Palace Hotel
Ranked #57 of 125 Hotels in Kassandra
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Nice hotel but not for 5 stars”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Clean room and areas of the hotel. Poor for a five star hotel breakfast and dinner. Service not as good as expected. We were transferred from athos palace hotel because they overbooked that hotel and for that price it was worth it. But in general, if you book theophano as a five star hotel don't expect too much. The rooms though were really nice, big and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MariaXyrichi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
bucharest
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

If you wish to have the sensation you are in the mountains - maybe it is an option but forget about Sea View and take care to have slipers if you want to swim in the sea -there are plenty stones big an small so without special shows you will have cuts and broken legs
The room would be Ok if it whas not the mold smell inside. I tried to let some air inside and I received a lot of mosquito. The mold smell was from the moment we arrived but the option was to sleep in the car at 1 am.
Do not expect 5 stars it is far away and it is like a mountain resort so if you are a fan of gardens you might try. In the morning just leave the room 10 minutes before planed to eat because you will make a 10 minutes trip till you reach the restaurant

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank woau
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very unhelpfull - Mean personnel, AC Doesn't work at Suits. None of the problems they help you. you are a survivor all alone in facility without help. I book a suit with private swimming pool, but pool was like trash so dirty. You can only swim with insects and dirts... Asked 5 times to clean it they didn't care. Bell boy is teasing to you while you carry your own bags to your room 200 meters. Paid 783 Euro a night, it was nightmare. Open Buffet food is poor, nothing delicious. Wi-fi is not working... GO AWAY NOW!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank BarbarosG
Orenburg, Russia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My friend and I stayed in this hotel in June 2014. It was rather good, but I can't call it excellent.

Receptionists were friendly and helpful, as well as waitors; but some waitresses were not really friendly. The animation was rather poor and boring. The hotel territory, the swimming pool and the rooms were kept clean, so that is their strong side. The food was also tasty, and the choice was great!
But I was unpleasantly surprised with the prices for drinks! We had HB - breakfast and dinner, but we had to pay for drinks (even for tea or water) when we had dinner. So, 3 euros is too much for a small glass of juice I suppose.
wi-fi at a lobby was quite alright, but our room (1st floor) had only wire connection, and I can say that almost never worked.
As for Mouzenidis Travel reps present at the hotel, I must say say were not professional enough and sometimes their help in choosing a tour was even misleading. They are nice smiling girls in uniform, but knowing nothing and having only one target - to sell.
The room itself was small but cosy, with a nice view, the bathroom was rather big.
Towels for swimming pool cost 5 euros each.
I should also mention that there were lots of young couples with small children staying in that hotel. So, sometimes having dinner at the restaurant was more like being in a kindergarten! And that was very annoying for me personally. This is more like family hotel.
On the whole our trip was pleasant, thank to the hotel stuff for that!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darya V
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family stayed in this hotel and had a great time. There were a lot of parks around hotel, quietness was calm and relaxing, pools were clean, rooms large, the furniture was slightly outdated, but nothing that would spoil our holiday. All areas were very clean. Our room was cleaned daily with new towels, sheets etc. Food was very good, especially for the dinner. The only compliant is for the Wi-Fi. There is no Wi-Fi, except at the lobby. And the network connection in the room is very weak and slow. The mobile networks are also extremely weak in all areas of the hotel. The beach is nice, the water too, there are some rocks at the sea entrance, but you can always find a path between the rocks or swim over them. I would definitely recommend this hotel to the families with small children, especially suites with the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FlowerM78
Thessaloníki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of July 2014. We live in Thessaloniki and decided to get away from the noise of the city and made the right choice!
We liked the hotel itself very much, the nature is charming, the sea is crystal-clear and the beaches are just fantastic!
We recommend this hotel not only to families or couples, but also to those who travel alone since there are so many activities that offers you the hotel. All you need to do is to ask at the reception and the girls will explain everything to you in a very kind manner.
We would like to say a special thank you to a russian girl Irina working at the reception for her help. She not only recommended us some awesome places to go, but also helped us solve all the little problems that anyone may encounter going to a new place.
Thank you for a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We're 2 couples from Russia. We stayed in this hotel for 5 days, in May 2014 and came here through Ambotis. Even though I read a lot of good things about this hotel, I didn't know what to expect, since it's my first time in Greece.
I'm very pleased overall.
The hotel is really nice, and I loved the resort. The atmosphere is really warm and you feel welcomed. The rooms are quiet and comfortable.
I loved the beach. Even though we couldn't bath too much because the water was too cold, I could see that the sea is clean, as well as the beach, that is also quiet. The beach isn't too far from the room, just a nice walk.
One of the best things about this hotel is the restaurant, but especially one waiter, Mr. Thomas, the one with the moustache. He was very professional, helpful and fast. And he was the only person from there that knew everything about the hotel, about the surroundings and, most important of all, about the all inclusive system. He was always at our disposal, always available to answer our questions and to give us directions and advices. He is also an amazing waiter and seemed like he enjoys what he's doing.Thank you, Mr. Thomas, for everything you've done for us! We may come back next year because of you!
On the other hand, there was a guy, the manager I think, with dyed hair, that was the opposite of Mr. Thomas. He was very unpleasant. He should learn more about the hotel and about this business. He didn't seem like he knew what he was doing or like he was enjoying it. He doesn't know how to smile, because he was always frowning or smirking. I didn't understand what he said all the times, but when I did, he was very nasty with the other employees. He's a minus to this hotel.
The food was really good, and the drinks the same. I definitely recommend a holiday there! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple