“Delicious seafood”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2013

After searching for a nice place where I could eat seafood in Kavala, I decided on Panos & Zafira. The restaurant was all empty and seemed to be a bit expensive at first sight. But there was something for every budget and taste in the menu. I had a shrimp saganaki and salad. Both the taste and look of saganaki was delicious. And the olive oil in the salad was tasteful. Service was slow a bit although I was the only person at the restaurant but it shows that food was prepared at that moment. It is not a cheap place but a nice place to go with family.

2  Thank Corto_Turco
There are newer reviews for Panos & Zafira

Reviewed 21 November 2012

My family and I had dinner there. The food was very good. Loved it. However the service is a bit slow. Location is great.

1  Thank gatortail
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I've heard about this restaurant long before my visit to Kavala. I never keep my expectations too high but this restaurant was definitely deserves all the good things said about it. Location is very convinient; lies on the outskirts of the Panagia Hill (below the castle) near the Kavala Port. Only problem with the location is, it's on the road and the truck traffic (going in and out of the port) can sometimes be noisy. My choice of food here was grilled vegetables (eggplants, zucchini, green pepper; served with youghurt), lakerda (pickled fish served with some onions and lemon), grilled octopus (sundried, grilled on charcoal, served with olive oil and vinegar), grilled sardines, greek salad, Ouzo Plomari. Assorted dessert and fruit platter is served after dinner, wheter you want it or not; typical to Greece... Everything I ate was delicios but especially the grilled vegetables were amazing. the cook was kind enough to share her cooking secret with me...

2  Thank Burak D
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Wanderful foods and great workers.
Grilled octopus, greek salad, grilled vegetables, sardines, caciki and revani are especially very delicous.

6  Thank Ferda Nihat K
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I am not aware of a reliable restaurant guide for Greece. Therefore, with some trepidation, we often rely on hotel staff and sites like this one and Matt Barrett's for suggestions. The Galaxy Hotel recommended this restaurant to us and we were very glad they did. Our fresh fish were deftly broiled and the bones removed table side. The service was both friendly and professional. There is a nice view of the harbor, but the main reason to go here is the quality of the food. There isn't a wide selection of wines, but they will find you a more substantial choice than the house wine if you ask.

4  Thank ulysses4