“Home away from home!”
Review of Villa Nickollas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kavala
Villa Nickollas
Ranked #5 of 9 Kavala B&B and Inns
Athens
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Villa Nickollas has been, since 2008, my short term home away from home when i'm in Kavala area for business. Accessible, quite, clean, compact just 100m from the sea shore (i always choose a sea view balcony so i can listen to the waves crushing during night time! awesome!!!) and only 6km from Kavala city center.

The manager and the rest of the personnel are friendly and try their absolutely best to accommodate my needs, like I'm staying at a close friend's house. The rooms are renovated with functional furniture and minimal decor. Since i am always traveling for business wifi is a must...well, except from one time 2 years ago when there was a minor issue regarding the modem, something that the personnel solved in couple of hours, all the other times i stayed there there was no problem! Parking? No worries! I park my car in the front courtyard or on the adjacent road if busy...

I tend to avoid over prized "luxury" chaotic hotels...I like boutique hotels or short term furnished apartments. Villa nickolas is both! You can cook your own dinner, keep your vegetables and fruits in the fridge and that's definitely a necessity for me...healthy and money saver!

If you are a demanding traveler and you need something extra just talk to the manager and i'm absolutely sure you will get what you need.... I will be posting some pictures (indoor & outdoor) soon since i will be staying there again by the end of June!

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room with a balcony facing the front courtyard
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AthinaGold

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Villa Nickolas with our 8 month old son in May and loved it so much that we went back with friends the following week to stay again (our friends also loved the place).

Firstly I want to address some of the points made by the previous reviewer, I use trip advisor all the time to check out hotels and I was horrified to read such an inaccurate review on here There are plenty of parking with spaces (with more around the back of the villa if the front is full), the Wifi works well and we had no issues at all. Yes the villa is on a busy road however just past the beach bar is a pedestrian crossing so there are no issues crossing the road (and we had an 8 month old baby with us in a pushchair!). The distance to the beach bar is nowhere near 500 meters, it is maybe 50-70meters at most.

The rooms in Villa Nickolas are beautifully decorated and kept very clean, all of the facilities in the room (fridge, TV, air conditioning etc) worked perfectly and the bathrooms are very nice with toiletries provided. The continental breakfast in the morning is excellent with ham, cheeses, boiled eggs, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, cakes, juice, tea, coffee and more on offer. I don't usually eat cake for breakfast but they were so lovely I had to! The bar area is very pleasant both for a drink in the evening and for breakfast in the morning.

The beach bar is a short walk down and across the road and is absolutely fabulous! The bar itself is stunning, playing nice chill out music with friendly staff. The beach is gorgeous with loungers, parasols and beautiful views. The bar offers a small menu but everything that we tried was excellent quality and good value for money.

The first time we stayed at the Villa we were having a drink at the beach bar when an unexpected downpour hit, moments later Nick (the Villa's Manager) turned up with an umbrella for us and an offer of a lift back to the villa so that we wouldn't get wet - now that's what I call service!! All of the people working at the Villa and the bar were extremely helpful and kind and nothing was too much trouble.

This place is a little gem and we plan to stay here every time we visit the area in future.

Room Tip: Room number 5 is lovely and has the largest balcony
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MichelleDC73
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 22 August 2011

A month ago (July 2011) we stayed in this hotel for two nights. I had find this hotel from the internet and we decided to stay there because of the pictures (in front of the sea) , the wifi internet connection and the parking space. When we arrived we saw that we were not in front of the sea and that we had to pass a very busy road to get to the other side and after approximately 500 m. you will find the beach bar you see on their pictures. The problem is that the beach bar is not only for the customers of the hotel. It's quite difficult to find a place and the next thing you can do is take your car and go to another beach. We also found out that there was no wifi connection available. When we asked the man at the reception he said to us that he knows that the signal is not working but he couldn't do anything for that. As for the parking space the hotel have 4-5 places for cars. If you are not lucky you will have to park your car outside. We paid for one double room for 2 nights 120 euro. The previous weekend 20 August we were trying to find a hotel in the city of Kavala for 2 nights again. Unfortunately there was no room available inside the city except for Imaret for the price of 300 euro per night. So after a lot of thinking we decided to call this hotel again. I made my reservation on Monday 15 August which means one week before our arrival. I was impressed that the man at the reception didn’t ask my phone number but i thought that they would probably have my phone number from my previous reservation and that there will be no problem. When we arrived late at night he told us that there were no rooms available for us because of a problem in his computer system. He also told us they have be a room available for the next day and that he will make us a discount of 10 euro for our room. Our reservation was for one double room, for 2 nights for 130 euro. After that we called for other hotels in the area from our cell phone and we found out that they were no available rooms and finally we had to go to a hotel which was completely out of the area for the price of 120 euro per night. So i left him my phone number and i asked him if my room will be available at least at at 12:00 a.m. and of course he said yes. So the next day we left from our hotel exactly 12:00 a.m., we made 30 klm and when we arrived what a surprise. The room of course wasn't available. I don't need to mention that no one called us to inform us. Above all this no one was there except the woman who was preparing the breakfast. She said to us that she couldn't do anything. So once again we called the hotel that we stayed the previous night but they said to us that there were no rooms available and therefore we decided to leave. This has never happened to us before. They totally ruined our weekend. The least they should have done were to called us and inform us about all this problems. We made more than 100 klm because of their indifference. I am writing this review to help others avoiding this terrible hotel.Stay away.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank GEORGE K
Villanickolas, General Manager at Villa Nickollas, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
Dear Mr George,

We recently upgraded our booking system but to be honest i am not aware of the incident you mentioned. Have you considered the case that the reception had informed you that they will call you IF they find an available room?? We had hundreds of guests the past moths with absolutely no problems like that and we are grateful to them for their choice to trust their vacations to us. IF such an incident ever happened i personally guarantee you it will never happen again. Nevertheless i do have to correct you in a few points. Our parking place can take up to 20 cars in the back of our hotel and 6 in front. I am truly sorry if you missed it. Our wifi system has the maximum speed available and it was upgraded 5 months ago to have excellent reception in each and every single room. Our beach bar is one of the best near the city of Kavala and is FREE for our guests and for everyone else of course. That is why we are one of the few beach bars that have so many umbrellas and can provide a spot to all of our customers. The distance of the beach bar is 50 to 70 meters away and by any means no more than that. I would be more than happy to have you back at Villa Nickolas and please let me know if i can clarify anything else.