Egnatia City Hotel & Spa
US$63
Iraklitsa Beach(Kavala)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Beachfront
Porto Palio Beach Hotel(Kavala)(Great Value!)
US$86
Travelocity
Traditional Hotel Akontisma(Kavala)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmagnificent viewone nightsea view roomnice hotelquality hotelstayed here for two nightshotel guestsbusy streetother hotelsfresh fruitwould stay againfree of chargetop floorjacuzzigreekroofeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed here for two nights whilst on holiday on Thassos, so we could take in all the city of Kavala offers. Lovely hotel, fabulous food, excellent service and nice rooms with a magnificent view over the Bay of Kavala. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dougjones123
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We booked last minute and got an excellent rate for one night, and initially the welcome and getting a weather report and somebody asking if you were happy with the room was a lovely touch. Room service and the food was very good. The pool area is very stylish. I am so glad we did not pay full rate because there were many points that made it less than what you would want of a 4/5 star hotel. The room was very warm and a member of staff responded - well its Greece what do you expect - well I expect a room that is a comfortable temperature to sleep in. It was suggested I open the balcony door - but as we were on the busy main street that was not an ideal option. The evening meal was okay but throughout the staff were rearranging the dining room after a large party had dined, and making a huge amount of noise, at least the barman apologised for the disruption. I think the waitresses must have had a trying evening and had had quite enough of hotel guests by the time we sat down to eat.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tryavna
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Me and my wife were very dissappointed when we entered the hotel and saw the surroundings. It was our fault as it was a last minute holiday and did not really paid attention.There is nothing to do there so DO NOT GO if you have young children. However the staff was excellent very friendly and helpful, breakfast fine,excellent views from our room, and a brilliant roof garden restaurant. Room Service perfect and cleaning the room morning and afternoon. My wife used the spa/relaxation centre and was very satisfied, had internet just outside our room. The only negative was the fact that there was nothing for our 2 year old son to do so we could not relax while been in the hotel.I would recommend it for business people 100% they will love it, but I believe that it's not suitable for holidays.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Salpiggidis
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I ve been there for 3 nights last month. Excellent food, amazing view from my window. Nice NICE NICE NICE SPA. Exellent massage, clean pool. Loves mrs Stella Kotrotsou, clever, young and polite operation manager.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank makinoskav
Reviewed 5 January 2010

It was my only available option for the Christmas season and I stayed there for 5 nights.
Let’s start with the good things:
Have to get a room facing front because it’s all about the view. Very conveniently placed on the main road so you cannot miss it. There is parking however it is located next to the hotel (open) and on a sharp curve by the main road .However there is no parking space on pick times and you have to park in front of the main entrance of the hotel. Also there was a braking in on a customer’s car while I was there. So no security at all. There are facilities for gym, massage etc.
The restaurant is well locating with excellent view and the food is acceptable but over prized.
Most of people working there are professional and the front desk very helpful and polite.
Now for the bad:
The rooms are very small, smelling of smoke and as I got in I had an allergy reaction to all the aromas they had sprayed in order to cover the smoke and dust on the room. There is no space for two people to put their clothes on the wardrobe as it is only one and just a meter long. So it is a double room but your clothes need to stay in the travel bags!
The hotel was very noisy between 9 and 12 and since I was on a holiday I wished to sleep a bit late but that could not be possible at al.
The main restaurant does not have any smoking policy and people smoke wherever they want and as a result you are ending up smoking with them while you are eating.
T he food was way too expensive (two people with no wine 80 euro). And the food was under cook.
Some of the stuff there have a very negative attitude and do not like complains at all.
Last we got food poison by a complimented wine that was 5 years old and kept on top of the bar fridge in a cabin and as a result from the 30 + temperature in there it had gone bad.
My wife got sick the all night and when I complained about it they did nothing at all!!!When I called the room service and ask them to urgent bring a coke in order to help my wife they replied very sarcastically: how did she got sick so quick from the wine??
The including large breakfast is disappointing I only use it once….. In five days of stay.
It is a business hotel and I wouldn’t recommended to people that come from overseas and knowing what a 4 star hotel facility is all about.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple