“Just a decent hotel to stay ”

Egnatia City Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Kavala
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Overall , very kind people with a nice view of kavala . our room was kinda smelling old or something even when they cleaned it up , but i dunno why . (cleaning was good ). To close my review , my biggest disappointment is that they charged extra 8 euros per person for swimming pool and spa and jaccuzi . i mean except the fact that it should have been free most of because its a small pool , the fact that it was 8 per person and not like 8 per room made me frustrated by the time we checked in and we were told that thing . still if someone doesnt need pool or spa or just pool that i needed ., its a GREAT hotel .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is not far from the port, still you need a car to go there. There is a parking on the edge of the road, just in front of the hotel.
The most striking thing was the smell in the room, very dark, like the room wasn't cleaned long time ago.The AC was very helpful in this situation, though not enough. We stayed only for one night, but if you stay longer or just want to enjoy the stay, ask for a room with sea view. There are rooms on both parts of the hotel, some with sea view, the others just above the road, very noisy.
The bathroom had the same smell as the room.
The hotel has massage facilities but they are available only up to 20:00. The sauna and the pool are available up to 21:00. We reached too late to try them, unfortunately. The gym still is available non stop. Also upstairs there is a top floor restaurant and a Jacuzzi, we didn't have time to try those, also.
The elevator had a moment of malfunction, but exactly when we needed to take our luggage upstairs ...
The wifi worked well and there is room service if you need.
The only thing I enjoyed about the hotel were the towels, very soft and thik and the breakfast, very diversified and for a lot of tastes, quite comprehensive.
Otherwise, I must say that my expectations were much higher compared to what it offered.

Room Tip: Ask for a panoramic view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oanap
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Sitting on a cliff overlooking the city, the hotel offers a stay at a reasonable price. Staff are kind and helpful. Rooms are clean and fresh and the spa offers a full service treatment for jaded travelers.the roof restaurant and bar is beautiful with the views...a must for anyone visiting the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel during June 2014 on a business trip for 1 night. The hotel is very nice in general, however my experience this time wasn't that good... First of all, I was given a smoking room (without having asked for one) and when I asked for a non-smoking room (the smell was very intense), I was treated with skepticism because when I first checked in I had asked for a city view room - if possible - and I wasn't given one.

Then at the second, non smoking room, the toilet smell really bad. This time I didn't say anything because they would then think that I was making all these up just to get an upgrade... I just believe that when a customer - and especially a business traveler - has a complain the hotel should treat it with kindness and not criticism...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Although I visited Kavala some years ago, it was only for a few hours, so I didn't have the chance to stay at a hotel like the Egnatia City Hotel & Spa. According to my husband who was in Kavala for business purposes and stayed at Egnatia hotel, it is an excellent accommodation choice if you are visiting Kavala.
He really enjoyed the spa and the pool and also liked the hamam, He definitely would stay there again and as he told me word-by-word "if we ever visit Kavala together, we will stay at Egnatia Hotel".
What made him a liiiitle unsatisfied was the distance from the city centre but the bus station nearby solves this problem quite easily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was a great hotel for our stopover on the way to Italy. Great people on reception- room excellent- good value for money- amazing view over the sea and balcony.
Food in restaurant excellent with a good choice- bit more than a few shekels but worth it- Leonides the waiter so helpful, Very clean.

Room Tip: ask for seaview and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here on our 1st night driving back to the UK, after reading the reviews here on Trip

We wanted to receive a friendly welcome and spend the night in a safe, clean, quiet, hotel and have safe secure parking for our car all at a reasonable cost.

This hotel ticked all the boxes

We also ate dinner there which was a set menu, all very nice and very reasonable cost

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavala
Airotel Galaxy
#5 of 15 in Kavala
Kouros Hotel
Kouros Hotel
#3 of 8 in Drama

Been to Egnatia City Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!