Hotel Ilisia
US$82
Agoda.com
US$92
US$86
All reviewsmini barhotel is locatedwalking distancearistotelous squaresheetscafesclubseuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014

After all these years of traveling I had my worst experience in Hotel Ilisia and it had nothing to do with the tobacco smell in the entire hotel and the noise. They lost my ID card and didn’t want to take responsibility for that. I have never met so arrogant, incompetent and shamelessly dumb receptionists. When I asked for my ID the receptionist just said that I didn’t give them my ID even though there was another receptionist when I checked in. When I insisted to call the other receptionist first she refused and after I kept on insisting she called her. The other receptionist said that she took my ID but later she gave it to me back although I didn’t see her after I checked in because she finished work. We started arguing and insisting that they look for my ID but then another member of the staff jumped on and almost started beating my friend. Luckily the police came on time. I went to the police with the receptionist and she kept on telling them (in Greek so I won’t understand it) that I have my ID in my suitcase, I have never met such a dumb and an arrogant person. I lost more than 2 hours in the police station.
Even if you are going to stay there don’t leave your ID and don’t thrust the staff with anything.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location, but everywhere smelled horrible of cigaret smoke and it felt dirty. The rooms are extremely uncharming and breakfast is very lousy. I wouldn't stay here again. The receptionists where polite, but you never got a feeling that anyone cared about either your stay or the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Pennylane83
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at Ilisia for two nights during our trip in Greece.
We were fooled by the reviews and payed in full before our arrival.
Terrible mistake to choose a budget hotel and to ignore even the few bad reviews.
At our check in in the afternoon We found very polite receptionist guy who recommended us a very nice area in Thessaloniki to eat.
After we entered the 302 rooms door we started to act in our own nightmare real live show!!!
Room was filthy, smoked, dirty old carpets, shriveled ceiling, crumpled linen, small and dirty bathroom with a very filthy shower curtain and toilet seat taking off!
The horrible part were the red cockroaches...!
My wife found the first in the bathroom...the second we saw it swarming freely with lights on, over the small table in front of the couch!
We opened the windows for fresh air and we discovered 6-7 cigarettes butts on the tinny terrace...
During the night my wife had a nightmare and she waked up twice frightened because she dreamed the cockroaches over the walls!
Next night she dreamed the cockroaches on the bed...
Personally the first night i felt asleep around 02.00 A.M., because the uncomfortable feeling and the noise from the street.
The only good part of Ilisia experience was the kind receptionist and the view over the intersection of the 2 main streets.
The lines were clean and the cleaning lady changed towels.
I will post photo from the hotel room to every travel site over the internet to let people know how Ilisia management and owners understand to offer services!!
Unfortunately we made anticipate payment for the hotel and after 6 hours traveling from Lefkada we were so tired to search another hotel in town.
Take my advice and my experience and do not book any budget hotel in Thessaloniki!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Demetrio-T
STELIOS B, Manager at Hotel Ilisia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Demetrio-T,

we apologise for any incovenience we have caused to you during your stay at our Hotel, and we are very sorry to read that your stay with us was not the expected one. We do not want to make long speeches about your comments and how some things might not be our fault, as totally respect your review. We would like however to let you know that we have made great improvements since then regarding the cleaninig levels of our hotels, since we have upgraded our stuff after a few complaints we had. Improvements have been made at most negative things that you have pointed out , such as the carpets (have all been changed throughout the hotel), the linen (got new ones), the ceiling (have all been repaired), and the toilet seats (have all been changed or repaired). As far as the noise that you mentioned, unfortunately some times this is the case due to the fact that we are very centrally situated, which is also one of our biggest advantages. To our visitors' convenience though, we are already planning a full change of all window frames, which will be offering a better soundproof, till the end of this year.

Once again, a big apology from all of us, and we really hope to be able to have you here again, in order to change the negative opinion your have from your first visit.

Best Regards,

Hotel Ilisia Management.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Situated on the Egnatia Road it’s conveniently situated in central Thessaloniki. The room was big and my impression was good. On the down-side was the moquette floor which isn’t suitable for a hotel and the fact that the personnel did smoke sometimes, especially the night porter. But that’s a national wise. I liked a lot the radio, especially channel three and five which provided good quality music without commercials (you find them after channel 36 on television). If you are in the process of deciding whether to go there you might else take in consideration Hotel Aegeon on the other side of the street: I stayed also there and between this two would choose the later (see also my review on that one).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank TripMember06022017
STELIOS B, Διευθυντής at Hotel Ilisia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Visitor,

we would like to take this chance and thank you very much for the time you spent to write your review about our Hotel. We totally appreciate it.
Regarding the only disadvantage you mentioned on your review, the dirty moquette, we are very glad to inform you that we have changed the carpeting throughout the hotel ,during the past six months. We are trying our best to keep this as clean as possible, as you realise that we need the contributions of our visitors for this. No matter how many times we do change all the moquettes, at the end of the day, we are always related to our visitors' will, to keep it as clean as possible.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Regards,

Hotel Ilisia Management.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We spent one night in Hotel Ilisia, in a small room with street view. In my point of view, considering its price and central location, it's one of the best choice if you want to stay in Thessaloniki, if you are a tourist and don't spend a lot of time in your hotel room. The bed was comfortable, the internet access was perfect, I would say, breakfast was just okay, and staff were kind, and they speak English (more or less) well. Okay, the rooms are relatively small, TV is small, too (who the hell wants to watch TV in Thessaloniki?). There was no big choice at breakfast (but it's still okay). The only problem was the cleanness of our bathroom, it smelled a bit nasty. The noise from outside didn't bother us, but it may disturb you, if you're not sleepy enough :) Anyway, we had a great opportunity to walk around the city center, bus stops are close, location is absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear visitor,

on behalf of all of us at the Hotel Ilisia, we would like to cease this chance and thank you for your review. It does mean a lot to us, when our visitors make "good-will" critique, so that we can all improve our services to you.

Regarding your two main negative comments, we are happy to inform you that we have already enriched our selection of products for breakfast, so that we meet the standards of as many visitors as possible. Moreover, we have gone through a window-frame rennovation, which has added a better soundproofing to our rooms, which means that the sleep should be a lot better now. As far as the cleaning issue that you mentioned is concerned, we also went through a full new training with our cleaning stuff, as to what we want/need from them.

We hope to be able to show you our improvements during your next stay with us, hoping that your next rating will be an absolute 5 out of 5!

Best Regards