I spent 3 nights in this wonderful hotel and it was a stay beyond my expectations. However, staring from the negative points the breakfast was almost not acceptable, although the stuff was doing its best to serve everyone... The food was of not high quality and everything seemed a little bit disorganized and poorly prepared. Secondly, the noise from the nearby central square was sometimes annoying even with the windows closed. But the room was excellent and beutifully furnished and the room service really great and on time-in complete comparison with the breakfast experience. The reception was polite, friendly and with a smile on the face and I think that changed my overall rating. Maybe there is also the bias that I was really lucky and on arrival my room was upgraded.... I think that the central location of the hotel and its classis character (if you can forget its small drawbacks) is maybe one of the best choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Majestic: this word is not an overstatement when it comes to the Electra Palace hotel in Thessaloniki. Built in one of the most impressive city squares of Greece, Aristotelous Sq., facing the endless sea of the Thermaikos Gulf, its architecture at once imposing and noble, it is one of the city's architectural gems. Inside the hotel's byzantine-inspired exterior, hides a neoclassical heart: wood paneling, marble inlay and wooden floors, plush carpets, cabriole and chesterfield sofas, ornate furniture, luxurious details, generous amenities and, of course, breathtaking views: on a clear day one can easily see as far as mount Olympus across the gulf. Beneath the Electra Palace Thessaloniki's windows and balconies, lies the lively center of a vibrant city: Aristotelous Square. In between city square and mighty mountain, the expansive horizon, the endless blue of the sea. Right in the heart of city, the Electra Palace Thessaloniki is ideally located whether you are in town for business or pleasure: within walking distance from the shopping district, the Thessaloniki International Exhibition Center, most major monuments, museums and sites, the Ladadika area and right across from Olympion cinema that hosts the Thessaloniki International Film Festival, it is the place to stay when meeting with business partners, attending trade shows, enjoying the city's rich cultural scene or exploring its nightlife. Featuring comfortable, well equipped rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, a gym and spa, a wonderful restaurant on the top floor, and the renowned Electra Hotels and Resorts service, it is also the par excellence place to unwind and relax, enjoying unparalleled views and the hospitality you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Electra Palace Thessaloniki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki Golden Tulip