“great location”

Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Istanbul, Turkey
“great location”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

it is perfectly located in a busy street where you can go anywhere by walking or taking a bus. I visited many places by walking. staff is helpful when you need them. they could pay more attention on the cleanliness, i personally do not think they do good job in that sense. the breakfast is the worst of the worst to be honest. You are in a country like Greece so rich in terms of food and so on but the only thing u get is yellow cheese, ham, cold hard boiled eggs, bread, instant coffee, tea, constrate juice and yoghurt. nothing related to greens, salads or even feta cheese. to me that was a really really poor breakfast. go for location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I made a,reservation for two nights for my parents aged about 50 years old.the desk officer showed me kindly the rooms before i book the room.the room was clean.typical hotel room.had hot water.they cleaned the room even one day that my parents left from the hotel later than morning time.they gave us quiet room.the breakfast my parents told me was very good.internal rooms are extremly quiet.the very best choice especially of 40 e per night for double room.we checked in much earlier with no charge.we checked in about 8 in the morning as it was already empty with NO charge.wi fi on all floors. 10/10 for its value. Center of the town close to railway and with bus station.walking to get anywhere you need as it is close to central squares.

Room Tip: Ask for internal rooms as it is on the mainroad
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here when we decided to stay an extra 2 days in lovely Thessaloniki this March. The hotel is tidy and very clean, with excellent service from the front desk through to housekeeping. The front desk staff spoke good English, which was helpful for us.

Our room was compact, but well laid out, with good storage space and a balcony overlooking Egnatia St. Double glazed windows & a roller blind ensured peace and quiet and a good sleep in. The shower was a little cramped, with a curtain, but no shower screen, but there was plenty
of hot water. Our room was quite warm, and we were unable to adjust the thermostat to make it cooler, but kept our balcony door open a little for fresh air. In fairness, we did not ask about this, and perhaps it could have been fixed, but it was not a big deal. The wifi was very good, and the TV picked up a couple of English language channels, which was nice.

A nice breakfast was included in our room rate, served from 7:30 - 10:30am. We had an early bus to catch, and on request, we were able to get in for a quick bite at 7:15.

The location is a 15 minute walk from the train station, and quite handy to many shops, restaurants and tourist areas. Many buses run along Egnatia Street frequently.

A couple of tips: Sofis Restaurant across the road opposite Starbucks is a good meal option, and be sure to ask about Cultural Tour bus #50 - only 2 euros to do a nice lap around most of Thessaloniki's highlights, as opposed to the commercial hop-on-hop-off bus (sorry, other guys - go to: http://www.oasth.gr/pdf/english.pdf

Room Tip: see if the thermostat is adjustable - I think ours was broken. Some rooms have better bathrooms but...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is the second comment that I write for this hotel. Last year I stayed from 15/11 till 19/11, this year I stayed just for 2 days...7/11 till 9/11. As I have already mentioned in my previous comment I have stayed several times for business reasons. I have to say that this is the last time that I stay in this hotel.

The reasons for this decision are:
1) The staff was not so interested as the previous time. Only the lady that was in charge for the breakfast and the cleaning ladies were ok.

2) In my previous comment I mentioned the holes on the blankets. After one year the blankets are still the same with holes on it.

3) The room that I was given was the worse that I have taken from all the times that I have stayed in this hotel. Small with not well placed plugs...when I mentioned this at the reception desk...they say to me that I will be moved to another room next morning but this never happened. The funny thing is that the front man say to me that because I have stayed many times I had a bonus of best price for single room...which was 38 euros per night. Last year if you check my comment I paid the same without bonus...Very funny!!! Ohhh to be honest they have put curtains in the shower!!!

4) The breakfast the first morning was very good, the second morning was not so good...the bread was not fresh and very hard even to swallow.

I will not recommend it again and definitely I will not stay again...Plus the area around the hotel has become even worse than the previous time...Someone tried to steel my car, i saw an attack with knife to someone and all these just 50 meters far from the closest police station!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Thessaloniki hotels

Cyprus
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Ok, this is a small, basic, old hotel.It could even be much worse. However, people are friendly, the majority of the guests are families, so its a quiet hotel. The breakfast is just standard, similar to the one you could prepare at home.
So, a no fancy hotel, but for the money you pay, i believe you get the most value of the them. After all, if you save money on hotel, you can always spent them on the excellent restaurants and bars, such as tiganies kai shares, definitely IMVROS tavern in Kalamaria which is amazing, Ksenofon for gyros kai thousand more.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank okyalos
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel is located in the main street. There are Greek sculptures in corridors. Located close to the main train station (walking distance). Night bus from the airport stops nearby, but the day-bus 78 you need to ride till stop "I.K.A." and a little further on foot. Not so far is bus stop where you can catch bus to the bus station from which you can get to Olympus. Room is equipped well. Main Street, but good soundproofing. Bathroom divided into a toilet and shower, but no separate doors. Have soap, shampoo, shower gel. TV shows a few channels in English. Breakfast is adequate, but no hot, fruits; juices from chemical concentrates. WiFi works in the room. There were no problems with communication with the staff in English. Helped the number of the bus (though mistaken number of the bus to the airport :) city to explore on foot from the hotel. There is a separate guest toilet.
- No computer with Internet access. There is no separate room for baggage storage: things were put between the elevator and reception.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Yekaterinburg, Russia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Heavily smoked rooms (I was in 3 rooms and all of them is bad smelling).
Air conditioner works okay only on the reception (It was 37°С on the street), air conditioning in the rooms almost not worked. It was very hot.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple