“Great location great service”
Review of The Bristol Hotel

The Bristol Hotel
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is our second time we have stayed at the Bristol and are happy to report we were not disappointed. The hotel is in a lovely part of Thessaloniki full of interesting restaurants and close to museums and the esplanade. The service is great as is the complementary a la carte breakfast. We will be back again.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Helen A

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you want a slick modern hotel in mint condition, this is not your place. However, if you want a place with lots of character and outstanding service in a great location this is it. We loved every bit of it.

Room Tip: Room 102 is a corner suite looking out on the atmospheric square below. The area is pedestrianised...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stars_in_her_eyes
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Arrived at midnight exhausted from work and travelling for a very short weekend visit in Thessaloniki. Got installed in a very welcoming way - including a glass of wine and some nice small bites - delivered in my room as I was too tired to sit down in the restaurant. The room - a superior double - was a very nice one overlooking the piazza with lots of people having a nice time drinking and eating. So even though I was too tired to join in I could in a passive way enjoy life from my small balcony. And I did enjoy! And when I closed the balcony-door the windows showed to be absolutely sound proof. No risk of disturbance if you are that type.
Even the bed was a plus experience, extremely comfortable. I slept for 11 hours. Even overslept the included breakfast. But no big deal! I was allowed to ask whatever I wanted from the menu - and it was delicious and rich. The omelet with vegetables and extra feta made me delirious.
After that I felt ready for a bicycle tour. Bicycles to borrow without cost. A nice man helped me to choose the best bicycle for me and to have it well equipped. Of course it was too hot for a bicycle ride - but I had been longing for it. When I came back after 3 hours ride - probably looking half dead - there was immediately a young man offering me cold water.
Altogether my short visit was an extremely good experience. That was probably why I overslept in my lovely bed even the next morning - just had to rush away without breakfast. Happily enough the bus stop for the Airport direct bus is just a few minutes away from the Bristol Hotel. I can from this lovely experience readily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Thessaloniki.

Room Tip: I had a corner room (named perhaps Alexandros?) with 2 big windows and the balcony door. No problems...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Git189871
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel from the 21st August to the 25th August. The service at the hotel was the best I have ever experienced, and I have travelled all over the world.

All the staff and management team went out of there way to make this a special stay, The breakfast and dinner was exceptional. High quality food, Special thanks to Yanis, Tasos, Phillip and Nico ( who makes sure that the customer comes first in everything he does )

Thessaloniki is a lovely place, we have never seen so many magnificent shops ( not even in London ) you can buy anything. Everybody is so friendly and helpful.

Go before the rest find out how good this hotel is .

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter at night
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephencorless2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at this lovely hotel in June this year, just for a couple of days. The location is excellent, close to the water and the lively shopping areas. My room was beautiful and they delivered a welcome drink shortly after I arrived in my room. The bed was very comfortable with luxurious pillows and blackout blinds and double doors that didn't allow any noise to disturb sleep. The breakfasts were to die for with a selections of pretty much anything you could want to start the day. I also had dinner one night which again was delicious. Very attentive service making this a great accommodation experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HappyKelly
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were very happy to get a room in the Bristol Hotel, when the air conditioning at our hotel across the street broke in 38 degree heat. We had a lovely, cool room in the back of the hotel, where it is quieter. The room was spacious, very well appointed and had a comfortable bed. The staff went out of their way to help us and make sure that we were comfortable. You had your choice from the menu for breakfast, which was delicious. This is a lovely spot. The hotel is located in an area with lots of restaurants and a block away from the seafront.

Room Tip: We chose a room at the back of the hotel, which was very quiet. Ladadiki is a very busy spot with l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eleanor N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Bristol is a lovely older, classic hotel with up to date amenities. It is immaculate and most comfortable.However, where it truly stands out is in the superior service that it offers. Never---and I mean never---have I seen staff so eager to please and serve as I did at The Bristol. On my arrival I asked for directions to a local site that I had travelled to Thessaloniki purposely to visit. I asked for directions and the staff insisted (despite my discouragement) that they would walk me to the location. Directions would have been quite adequate but their insistence to be of service was truly remarkable. In short, a lovely property, fine food, excellent location and superior service makes The Bristol the place to stay in Thessaloniki. Oh yes...the rates are quite reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo