All reviews industrial area city centre big parking nice hotel business stay port area nice stay room service rooms are comfortable free shuttle professional staff other hand value for money reception desk enjoyed my stay excellent breakfast roof garden
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel is very nice... Unfortunatly it is far from the center but there is a good transit system. You can take the 31 line (very frequent) and in 15 minutes you can reach the center.
The room is very good. There is a free wifi, but the speed is not too fast!
only one not good thing: the receipionist is under dimensioned! along the day there is only one person and you have to wait fro asking anything.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Porto Palace H, General Manager at Porto Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Porto Palace Hotel.
I will have to disagree that the hotel is located far from the city center. It lies only 2 kilometers from the center and as you mention, the trasportation is very easy and fast.
I am sorry that you found issues using our WiFi service. We are currently rearranging our antennas, so guests' feedback is more than welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was the second time we visited the specific hotel, so we decided to give it a second chance.
Unfortunately, the result was very dissapointing:
Too expensive, too far away form the city centre, nothing special to be mentioned, apart from the fact that the hotel is clean and quiet.
It is not very comfortable if you want to go on a walk to the city centre, and the lowest price for a coffee was 5 euros, which is tottally unacceptable !!
All these added to the fact that the price for a single room was 90 euros, make this hotel NOT a recommended.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank touristas97

Dear guest,
thank you for the time dedicated to submit your feedback on your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. However, I would have to argue that the hotel is far from the city center, as it is located only 2 kms away and the transportation is very dense and easy to use, if you don't want to move your car.
Additionally, the price you mentioned is a seasonal offer and I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the value expected. However I cannot stop wondering how you chose a property you did not like in the first place again. As you have stayed in Porto Palace Hotel again in the past and apparently you did not find it of your liking, I do not understand why you chose it again.
Finally, we should be looking at different price lists, or you are mistaking our hotel for another one, as all the coffees served in the main bar are priced below 5.00€, which is very reasonable for five star hotel.
We remain at your disposal,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 days with my family. We were impressed by the hotell: very big rooms (we had an appartment), with huge beds, very good quality of the matresses and pillows. The breakfast was the best i've had in all the 5 stars hotels i've been previousely. I don't eat meat and I had a lot of chioces. You have to experience it so that you can undrstand what I am saying. I had also some complaints: there were some constructions/redecorating in the hotel - the smell on the hallway was awfull, the noise started with 8 o clock in the morning - this is unacceptable for me! There is someting else sttrange and people that have a light sleep can't accept this - the noise from the other rooms/hallway - is like there are no walls between you! You can hear the buzz of th neighbour's phone in his room!
there is no hanger anywher in the room!
The view is awful!
i have expcted to have a pool, but there were none.
i liked it overall.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Porto Palace Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests.
We have asked for the customers' understanding while the manufacturing works are in progress. We do understand that it can be disturbing, but at your next visit you will have the chance to enjoy our gym facilities as well as the refreshing area on the building roof top.
Looking forward to welcoming you at Porto Palace Hotel again,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent service, the personnel was very friendly, polite, and proffesionals. Althougth this hotel is a re design of an old factory, the final result is an excellent architect concept. For this reason we must ignore some minor problems resulted, such us that the toilette in our room had almost no space for the knees when seated. It was minimal designed, very clean and they serve a complete breakfast at a very good food quality. The only issue of this nice hotel is the location, which is not far away from the centre but also it is not also close. Someone needs a taxi which is at 3-5 Euro cost.

Room tip: Ask for buisness class rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
thank you for your feedback and the time dedicated to write a review on your stay with us.
We will be more than happy to have the chance to welcome you to Porto Palace Hotel again in the near future,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We held my sister's wedding on the roof of the hotel and the whole experience, from the impeccable food, to the extremely helpful stuff and the hip and urban view, was amazing! A lot of our guest were from abroad, and enjoyed their stay there as well. All in all, I suggest it with all my heart!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Porto Palace H, General Manager at Porto Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the time dedicated to write your impressions of our hotel.
It is a pleasure to receive positive input on the services offered. It gives us strength to keep up with the hard effort.
We will be glad to serve you again,