All reviews steep hill golden beach pool bar air con greek islands smaragdi ii his wife mobility issues rooms are very basic these apartments every morning apartment was clean skala potamia shower curtain great holiday moon rise walking difficulties
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Went here for a week last June and I cannot praise it enough. Our apartment was way better than I expected and the views - what can I say? Just booked today to go again 1st week of June - Cannot wait!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nikki Q
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We have been visiting theses studios for several years and have stayed in the new and old ones. The owner is very friendly.The view is exceptional of the whole of Golden Beach but last year our studio in the new block was dirty. We went early in the season at the end of May and the room had not been cleaned. The floors were dirty and hadn't been mopped and there was thick dust. I am about to book to go to Thasos again but am loathe to book these studio because of the standard of cleanliness.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jo48Manchester
Reviewed 28 January 2017

This hotel is a great place to stay if you don't mind climbing the hill the view from the hotel is worth the effort myself and my partner have stayed here many times over the last 10 years and would recommend it to anyone the owners are the nicest people you could ever wish to meet the rooms are tidy and functional the pool and bar are nice places to spend either the day or the night and if you like music costa can cater to any taste his bar is stocked with plenty of wines beers and spirits so no fear of ever going thirsty

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views and are clean and tidy
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I visited the Emerald apartments in June 2016, it was truly one of the best getaways I have had.

The hotel is pretty basic, but it was everything I was looking for, a place to rest my head at night after spending my day exploring. The views are unquestionably amazing! The Emerald apartments have the best view out of all the other apartments, being at the top of a hill means a panoramic view of Golden beach.

On arrival we were welcomed by a lovely man called Costas, who i believe is in charge of the hotel. Throughout our 2 week holiday he always welcomed us with open arms which made us feel very at home and relaxed. He never failed to offer us information on the area or about travel. It was truly the best customer service I have received anywhere!

A special highlight of my holiday was the fresh bakery van that arrived at the hotel every morning at 9am. So don't worry about the hotel not having breakfast facilities, you will be spoilt for choice with the delicious variety of fresh bakery.

Thassos is a hidden gem and I cannot wait to visit again this year!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We stayed here for a week at the end of May. The studios are basic but clean and comfortable. The hill to the apartments is steep but manageable and the amazing sea views from the rooms make it worth the climb. Golden Beach was very quiet when we stayed. There are more than enough tavernas to choose from in the resort but our favourite was Vigli. The food here was excellent and the views are beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple