“"Value for money"”
Review of Hotel Kronio

Hotel Kronio
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Tasos: very nice hotel and i really had a great time!!!!The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent.I love that place!!!!!!! Very friendly staff. I will definitly recomend this hotel if you go to Olympia

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ΑΝΑΣΤΑΣΙΟΣ Π

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We did an overnight stay here after arriving from Delphi.
It is a family business, and has fulfilled our expectations.
The hotel seems to have been recently refurbished, and is wonderfully clean and well presented.
Their breakfast is very complete and with delicious home made products.
Wi-fi worked very well and the lighting in our room was good.
Absolutely recommendable for all travels :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm giving Hotel Kronio a 3 star rating because two-and-a-half isn't an option, and the pleasant service of the two elderly owners managed to nudge the experience into a positive one.

To say the rooms are minimalist would be an understatement, and the beds are so hard I almost thought the floor might be more comfortable. My pillow slip had a few small hairs and the outline of a mascara stain, and the floor needed to be mopped, but the room was otherwise passably clean.

For the price it was a bed with a private bathroom and free wifi for the night. If you are after anything more than that I would look elsewhere in Olympia, but for a means to an end, it is acceptable...just.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dilemmilou
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On a whirlwind tour of the Peloponnese a couple of weeks ago in mid-May I booked two rooms at the Hotel Kronio online at the last moment, mainly because of its location. On arriving in Olympia the hotel was easy to find, being on the main drag, and we were delighted to be greeted by an extremely welcoming proprietor who was extremely attentive and helpful. The rooms were impeccably clean, the bathrooms modern and well-equipped, and the breakfast more than adequate.
Free parking was available a few steps away, and once parked we were able to walk everywhere due to the convenience of the hotel's location.
I have visited Olympia several times previously and I can honestly say that the next time I visit I will be staying here - the people who own it are so nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After a very long and exhausting bus ride from Athens, my friend and I arrived at the Hotel Kronio. Hotel Kronio is in the center of Olympia and is a family run hotel. The owner's mom checked my friend and I into the hotel and showed us to our room. The room was spacious and had a balcony overlooking a quiet, main street. In fact, it was so quiet, that my tired friend and I overslept and we missed breakfast. The owner was gracious enough to let us eat our breakfast later than the posted time.
Hotel Kronio includes a delicious free breakfast and free wifi. It is located near the ancient ruins of Olympia and the Olympia Museum. It's a short walk to both sites. The hotel is close to two markets and several restaurants. If you like shopping, the stores on the main street have a lot of variety including Greek olive oil, soaps, kitchen towels, purses, and jewelry.
Hotel Kronio is a unique hotel in that it provides great service and comfort. The owner and his mom made us feel very welcome and even prepared a meal for us using local ingredients that we purchased at a nearby market. Mama even added her own ingredients and added some of her delicious homemade dessert to make our meal complete. She would not let us help with the
clean up, so we owe her. The owner is very knowledgeable about travel in Greece. He made travel reservations for our next bus trip to Nafplio. The owner also enjoys working with computers, so the internet is kept very up to date. I had great internet connections during the entire stay. This was not always the case, in some of the hotels I stayed at while travelling in Greece.
Overall, this is one of the best hotel experiences I ever had. I highly recommend this hotel to
families and travelers of all ages.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very happy with the choice of Hotel Kronio, it lived up to expectations. Parked the car at the rear, easy walk to ancient Olympia, lovely hosts, rooms more than adequate, good bedding, extra clean, great value for money. What more could you ask?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilyroseoz
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived in Olympia in the late evening without a reservation and came upon Voula, the proprietress of the Kronio Hotel, watering her flowers. She invited us in to look at the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised to see such a bright and cheerful place, especially since we had looked at a couple others and were quite dismayed.

The hotel was renovated by the Proprietor, Voula's son Panagiotis, in 2008 and a lovely renovation it is. Clean and bright, it features sweet simple rooms with many electrical electric outlets, good beds, bathrooms with windows and bathtubs, a refrigerator, flat screen TV. Add to that a nice breakfast with Voula's home made goodies, and you have the makings of a great stay.

We had a special need to repair a scrape on our car and Panagiotis made arrangements for us and even drove us to the place the next morning so the car could be fixed while we toured Olympia. He checked on the repair and made sure the car was delivered to us the following morning. It was a great job and very reasonable too. Further, he showed us some family movies that evening of the narrow gauge railway running from Kalavitra to the coast and encouraged us to make a small detour to go. We did and loved it!

What a treat it was to find this delightful place to stay in Olympia. These are the kind of folks I'd like to take home with me for neighbors. I hope we see them again one day. Thank you both so much Voula and Panagiotis.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple