“Good location and very nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Kronio

Hotel Kronio
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Olympia
Mölndal
“Good location and very nice staff”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel Kronio is located on a quiet street in central Olympia just 10-15 min walk from the archeological site and the museums. Parking was just behind the hotel under some orange trees. Our room was quite big, clean and tasteful. The breakfast buffet had a variety of different dishes and tasted very well. The owner and his staff were very welcoming and helpful. We especially appreciated the delicious home baked apple pie that the owner’s lovely mom gave us as extra treat at breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hawaii
Reviewed 18 July 2014

great location - at the top of the main tourist street and across the street from the bus station. very comfortable room with one exception (see things i didn't like)

the shower is the kind of shower where you have to hold the shower head with one hand while trying to soap yourself down with the other hand. this is the same as it is in many of these hotels in this part of the world AND I SIMPLY CANNOT COMPREHEND WHY THEY DO IT THAT WAY!..terribly inconveninet. makes no sense especially since they spend so much money on making this hotel so excellent. there simply is no excuse for it....other than that it is a really nice little hotel well located and good.

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
HotelKronio O, Ιδιοκτήτης at Hotel Kronio, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for you kind review and we are sorry for the incovenience concerning the shower head. While all the rest of our bathrooms do have shower head , it seems that we have forgotten to install one in the room you stayed, during our last renovation. There so many small things in the rooms to take care, especially in a hotel and we are sorry we missed to install one in the room you stayed. We are looking forward to welcome you again the next time you are in Olympia.
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hosts are incredibly friendly and helpful.
The parking lot was a bit tight, but they went out of their way to help us find a spot for our car.
The hotel is elegant, and the rooms are very nice. It was pretty quiet in our room.
We had a great one night stay.
I can't believe it's only a 2 star hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel has it all. Great service, great location, great breakfast! We only stayed one night at this hotel. Which was a real shame. Olympia was a great place to explore and the hotel really did meet all of our needs. The room was a good size, the bathroom was bigger than other hotels we had stayed at in Greece. My husband is 6 foot 2 and found the bathrooms a real problem but not at this hotel. The room was quiet and we had a balcony so I sat out there late in the evening and listened to local music and children playing.....very nice!!!! Oh, and free Wifi!!!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms at this hotel would be quite good. There really isn't any noise to worry a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel recently. The hotel has been updated recently and the rooms were a reasonable size. The shower had plenty of hot water. My room had a balcony, I think many do. The air-conditioning was excellent (as summers in Olympia are very hot this is important). I had a car and there was on site parking, nicely shaded. I met the owner and his mother who were both tremendously nice and helpful. The mother does not speak much English, but she was wonderfully kind checking me in and making my breakfast, which consisted of typical Greek items, though nothing too special. When I checked out, the owner took the time to call other locations I was planning to see that day to make sure they were open. Very nice gesture and much appreciated. The price was very reasonable and I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a terrific hotel! The staff was ideal. My luggage was lost so I came with nothing. My bus was late getting in the first night, so I couldn't go out and buy shampoo. The front desk man lent me some so I could get the day of flying into Greece and travelling to Olympia out of my hair. The location perfectly located close to the tourist sites. It took about 10 leisurely minutes to walk through a paved area of flowers to the museum, botanical gardens, and the ruins. The tourist shops were located less then a block away from the hotel, so the streets were lit up and safe to walk on. There were restaurants and shops opened late all along the way from the hotel. The bus stop was just behind the hotel, so moving luggage was very easy. The breakfast was very good. The specialty was a delicious apple pie. The pie and some good coffee were an unexpected treat. As I tried to hunt down my luggage, the front desk continued to help and call to see where the luggage was and where the airport could ship it to since I didn't spend more then 2 nights in any location. The staff went above and beyond to help me, and I will always remember their kindness and how wonderful they made my first few days in Greece.

Room Tip: I had an amazing room with a balcony and got to overlook the tourist street on the left, as well as...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marisa2619
iluka
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Clean comfortable room, plenty of hot water. Helpful concierge with tourist maps, opening times, museums. Excellent position for the Olympia site and the town's main street.
Breakfast needs a lift if you want to satisfy Aussies!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends