“Awesome Tour with Elena!”

Olympia Guided Tours by Elena
Ranked #6 of 17 Tours in Olympia
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tour in Olympia. See where the Olympic torch is lit, run the Olympic track, stand on the grounds of one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the statue of Zeus. Speaking fluent English and Spanish, I am an officially licensed tourist guide/archaeologist with years of experience. I will accompany you on a memorable journey back in time to the myths and mysteries of Olympia, and beyond…
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I contacted the Travel Insiders when I couldn’t get the tour we wanted on our stop in Katakolon. We decided to book the tour of Olympia and also added on Athens. After an amazing day with George and Maria in Athens we couldn't wait for our next tour once we got to Katakolon. When we arrived in port Despina met us and introduced us to our driver. It was great to meet her in person after a month of emailing about the tours. She was as wonderful as I expected. We drive to Olympia where we met our tour guide Elena. Elena was also so great and so caring towards our three year old who after a week of travel was so worn out. I absolutely can not say enough about how wonderful she was! We had a fantastic tour of the Olympic museum and site. After we finished we met back up with Despina and our driver to head to the beach. We spent two hours at the beach which was the perfect ending to our day.
After 4 group tours (2 in Rome before the cruise and 2 shore excursions through the cruise) the private tours were exactly what we needed. We were able to go at our own pace which was perfect for our little one! My significant other who is a history buff also loved having his own personal guide to talk to one on one. He found Elena to be so knowledgeable and thoroughly enjoyed his time with her. I only wish we had used The Travel Insiders on our other cruise stops. These were by far our two favorite days of vacation. Thank you Despina, George, Maria, and Elena for the wonderful experiences!

All reviews
"travel insiders"
in 8 reviews
"huge bus"
"awesome tour"
"deep knowledge"
in 3 reviews
"greek history and culture"
"great knowledge"
"excellent english"
"family group"
"historic sites"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I arranged for two tours with this agency to coincide with a few port stops on my cruise and was very pleased with the service - transport was a shuttle as opposed to a giant bus so groups were small. Me and my family were a group of 9 people including children. There was air conditioning and the guides we extremely helpful and knowledgable. Skip the lines at the acropolis too! I would definitely use them again - a special shout out to our guide Dimitri who not only spoke fluent English but also Italian.

1  Thank Calif0rniaexpat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked tours with Travel Insiders for our 3 ports of call off our cruise ship. Despina met us at our first stop in Athens, and introduced us to our tour guide Maria. We had an excellent tour in Athens, going first to the Acropolis to beat the crowds and the heat. Elena met us in Santorini, and introduced us to our tour guide Eliza, who showed us around Oia and took us to a wonderful wine tasting, and the black sand beach. Both sisters met us in Katakolon, where Elena served as our tour guide thru Olympia. All tours were very well coordinated with excellent communication beforehand. I’d highly recommend any tours with this group!

1  Thank Sandy P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I met Elena on my press trip to Athens, visiting all the top archaeological sites and museums in the capital. I can highly recommend Ms Elena for her great knowledge of Greek history, ancient art and architecture, that was explained to us in her excellent English. Besides the knowledge, Elena is very committed to her job and with Despina, they make an excellent choice for getting to know everything that you always wanted to know about Ancient Greece!

1  Thank IvanaDB