“Very nice experience”
Review of Astir Hotel

Astir Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Patras
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It is a very good hotel, with very large rooms, large bathroom and view to the port of the city. Really good breakfast, great roof garden with a pool and a great view. It is 100% worth the money you pay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I visited Astir on a business trip, and internet access was key. We had checked in advance that there would be wi-fi access. However for the first 36 hours we were there, there was no access. They called a technician, who told us the problem was with our machines, not with their system. But we were three people travelling together, using four different machines to access the internet (both macs and PCs). When we objected, the desk staff told us again it was our fault. When we asked for a reduction in the price of the rooms, given that we were unable to access a promised service, they refused and threatened to call the police. Not pleasant at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank H S
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I am a very experienced Greek traveler...I have been to Patras at least 15 times and usually stay with my family..I visited this June on my honeymoon and much to my dismay, chose the Astir on the advice of my family....I didn't mind the older, dated appearance of the hotel as I can appreciate the nostalgic effect it brought....The staff were polite to me...EXCEPT for the man who sits behind a long wooden desk and calls himself a manager...after sleeping in a room with no air conditioning for 3 nights (82 degrees at least), and the room with smoke smell and stains, musty carpeting in the halls, I could have left peacefully and without complaint...the 3rd night there was incredible noise, swearing, music and commotion from a bar across the street....couldn't sleep at all in or out of the room...I wanted to switch rooms, with air this time...the nice fella at the desk politely said all the hotel was without AC and I could talk to the manager tomorrow..I did that..I wanted the last night for free as no one slept until 4 am...after saying he would knock off 11.00 from the bill as this is the "norm" for air conditioning failure the police came as I would not pay that night...finally, I got that free night after preferring to be arrested rather that pay for that night....Enough???? Not yet, when we opened our suitcase at our next destination, 2 hand-made tablecloths were stolen from our luggage....the third was still in the bag so we would not detect the theft until later....I am easy to please and not a avid complainer but I felt compelled to let unsuspecting travelers know that the Astir Hotel is unfortunately clinging on to an old reputation that has no relevance to its present state...This is epitomized by the ignorance and callousness of this "manager" who would be dismissed and make room for someone with integrity and character far beyond his macabre state...good luck to all who pass through those doors, sincerely, Angelo :)

Room Tip: Go to the Patras Palace just down the street...do not, not , not stay at the Astir Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngeloC557
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Very warm, clean! Very friendly staff always ready to help

Room Tip: Relaxing, Clean, Exelent
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Georgios G
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Although stayed for only one night, I can't say I was amazed by my stay at Astir Hotel.
It is an old hotel which needs a big overall upgrade asap!
Except the spacey rooms, all the rest just made me feel like I was playing in some bad quality 80s movie..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I visited astir hotel for the first time and it was a very good 4 stars hotel. Specifically, the room was quite spacious and clean with nice decoration. The food was also excellent and the stuff was very amicable. I vehemently loved the view of the sea. The biggest advantage is that the hotel is in the city center and it has a garage.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed at The Astir Hotel during carnival weekend, paying €150 p/night plus €8 p/night for parking. In my booking request, I asked for a NON SMOKING double room with a one bed as opposed to a twin room. Despite confirmation of our booking & requests, we were greeted by a very dank, smokey room with twin beds which was desperately in need of refurbishment. Apart from the view of the port, which was ideal for watching the carnival fireworks, we found the entire property was very dated, soaked in the odour of 100,000's of guests cigerettes & begging for some fresh air and major facelift. We wouldn't recommend this hotel & would urge you to look elsewhere for a more comfortable whilst visiting Patras.

• Stayed: February 2012