“Worth the drive”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Patras
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We travel through Patras frequently, and sometimes stop for the night. This little gem is a short walk from the sea, and fit our family's needs perfectly. The food is good, if you don't feel like going to town, and the staff friendly and accomodating. No one is in a rush, and a lot of helpful information about the area is there if you just ask. A thoroughly pleasing experience, and at very reasonable cost.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank elaniii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Extremely expensive for what it is.it definirely doesn t deserve its stars !!
I knew this hotel from the 90"s and as i saw a completely renovated nice lobby i asked the reception about renovatios and they told me that since my old stay they made 3 renovations. What a lie !!! The rooms are in very bad conditions : Old furniture and dirty where it involves tapisserie and tissue. Humidity onthe wall . Smell of humidity .Bed linnen very basic and out of fashion . ..... at least it was clean and had a nice view at the sea .Breakfast : fried eggs like hard as stone as id they where days before cooked , nothing fresh . we had also the chance to visit the casino which is basic in the same style like the hotel . Old fashion , no style , just reminded me some cofee places in a forgotten village. The spa -not in service . This hotel has a nice location , at the sea site , and a lot of space , but it needs renovation urgently . until then they should definitely lower the prices !!!!

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank artemisplinke

Travellers are raving about these Patras hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

First of all, the location is great! Despite the fact that it's not in the city centre it's next to beach! Now it works also the suburban railway connecting Patras with Rio and there is a stop nearby and it makes it much easier to move. The service and the people are great too! Very helpful and polite every moment during my stay there. I really loved the bar next to pool! It is true that the hotel didn't used to be so good but a renovation which took place two years ago made it much much better. We used to go there for holidays with parents some years ago so I remember also the older version of the hotel. But I stayed there some weeks ago with some friends and we are really pleased with our rooms! Last but not least, the food is really good and tasty, both the snacks and the main meals and in breakfast you can find a variety of goodies! Well done!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Calliope B
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Where should i start. Ok, from the beginning. Arrived in Patras from the ferry, found a cab to take us to the hotel. The cabbies looked shady and one quoted me 20 euros... So I shopped around to another guy and he was Australian named Jonathon and he was so great!! He quoted me 15 and said he wouldn't charge any more than that. The ride is actually 11euros but I paid him 15 as the ride to the hotel is horrible(they're apparently working on the roads).. Hotel is beautiful upon entry but at check in I was told there was no spa and no gym avail(renovations......) also discovered the pool was empty in the middle of May!!!! Room is old and stinky. View was beautiful. Staff was so so, didn't seem to go out of their way to help with most things. Except Stellios upon check in, he was helpful. Didn't know if it was just me but people here are extremely unfriendly and I mean 99% of the people whom I passed stared me down but not even with a smile. And when i offered a hello it was either retired gruffly back or ignored and i greeted EVERY person i made eye contact with. This was at the hotel, the casino at the market and on the morning run I took.... Perhaps it is their way here but I came here to mix with the locals and enjoy the scene. What a dreadful place...hotel wise and people wise.... In fact I am so disturbed by the lack of courtesy that I am leaving a day early. I'm leaving this place, heading back the the ferry and going back to Italy where people at least generate common courtesy. I will not spend one penny of my money here. Beautiful beach, ugly people.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Crissa1669
Athens greece
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very hard to find from the main road and the side roads are a mess.it is located by the sea which is nice and you can admire the new bridge from the garden. The staff are polite . The rooms are really old and need rennovation.we used our RCI exchange to stay in the hotel and we had to make a scene in order o get our preallocated unit! But the daily cleaning even on Easter day made our stay comfortable. Very good food but fairly expensive. Free internet everywhere.the pool was closed even if it's May. Dissapointing

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria K
Trikala, Greece
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The hotel is in Rio, in a quiet location by the sea and with a magnificent view of the amazing Rio-Antirio bridge. It has large clean rooms, huge free car park, free wifi but the whole hotel has a diffuse feeling of decadence. The room decoration is very old-fashioned and the beds are hard and uncomfortable. Staff is polite and helpful. Breakfast room is large and bright with a wide open view to the sea. Breakfast is typical, not bad not great.
Casino ? you'd better stay away from casino unless you have a lot of money to spend for nothing.
Would come back ? Definately no, unless a serious renovation takes place....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nicktrip
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I rate the hotel with 4 stars for the politeness of the personnel, the nice lobby and breakfast room, the view to the sea just outside the hotel and the nearby Rio bridge, the spacious enough rooms and the plenty space for parking. However I must stress that the rooms look old and some maintenance or renovation should be scheduled... And please change those CRT TVs... Breakfast has most of the things provided in these kinds of hotels, but nothing breathtaking. There is quite a distance from the centre of Patras but for all gamblers the Patras casino is located within the hotel's premises.
The sleep quality was rather poor but for that I have to blame not only the beds which by the ways were not so comfortable but also my companion for the disturbing sleep noises ;)
Two nights were ok I guess in this hotel. For vacation, I don't know if I would pick it or Rio in general. Keep those dice rolling!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dominus73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patras
Airotel Achaia Beach
Hotel Poseidon
Hotel Poseidon
#10 of 21 in Patras
Galaxy City Center Hotel

Been to Porto Rio Hotel? Share your experiences!