“Pretty Amazing”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Heather W
Southaven, Mississippi
“Pretty Amazing ”
Reviewed 22 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

This may be the nicest condo type rental I have ever stayed at. Every single detail inside and outside was meticulously planned. I actually joked "y'all know what a squatter is" bc I never want to leave. Details: auto lights that come on to help you up the stairs, tons of accent lights, American TV (I'm watching Stranger Things right now), gorgeous decor inside and outside, shutters that I plan to copy someday. The amazing staff even gave us a special cell phone in case we had an emergency and ours didn't work!

Huge full size stainless steel fridge. Cute dishwasher, full size washer and dryer, high end showers (there are 2 bathrooms), plenty of storage and fancy toiletries.

I would definitely stay here again, it's a super quick walk into town. I'm not sure how people "up the hill" could make multiple trips in daily bc the walk would get old, real quick.

We came late Nov so the water was too cold to swim in and the nights are chilly. About half of the restaurants appear to be closed for season. Today we took a water taxi to a beach and had it completely to ourselves before we hiked back to Hydra town.

As a true reviewer that wants to know all of the ends and outs, I feel obligated to mention that there is a church VERY close and the bells start ringing around 7 AM. They ring on the half half hour and a dong for each hour but for some reason - there are 2 major ringing events each day. If you're an early bird, you won't notice but I'm not and my time difference is off substantially. Big ringing event in the AM had me sitting straight up in bed wondering if I needed to run outside, there is another one in the PM around 5.

There aren't true intersections bc there isn't real traffic here but since we are so close to Hydra town, this appears to be a busy intersection. There is a ton of noise from the shop below, people playing music and yelling, kids playing in the street at all hours of the day/ night. The master bedroom is on the intersection corner so noise comes through both walls. Things seem to quiet down by 10 PM but if you're on a US zone, you're in bed by 9 and the noise outside is pretty loud - I suggest bringing an Ambien or two.

The noise has been a bit aggregating but I still give this hotel 5 stars. The trade off for something with less traffic would mean a much longer walk (uphill) to get to your hotel.

I will also mention that the town is putting up a lot of Christmas lights - I wish I could see them! Another advantage is the restaurants that are open are pretty empty so no wait to eat!

Trek70713...
“a perfect stay”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

an amazing place in Hydra. elefant, comfortable, great decoration true to the island's spirit but super modern. Mrs Kanellopoulou has been an excellent hostess, extremely helpful and so polite. sets an example. look forward to going back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
27 Apr 2017
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and your lovely comments following your staying with us!
Myself and Hydra Melia team are absolutely delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that our facilities & services met your standards!
The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is always our first priority.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing