“Wonderful!”

Odyssey Suites
Ranked #2 of 36 Speciality Lodging in Poros
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our group of 14 from NY stayed at the Odyssey while kayaking in Greece
Katerina and staff did everything they could to make sure we had the best time ever while in Greece including her exceptional, 5 star meals, cooking classes, while learning some history, language as well as Greek dancing
We had an absolutely unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: Every room overlooks the beautiful courtyard
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Odyssey Suites

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The apartments are superb, spacious and spotlessly clean, view lovely, lots of areas to sit in pretty Greek courtyard or have a snack at the adjoining restaurant, but what makes Odyssey stand head and shoulders over any other accommodation in Poros is Katerina, the hostess, who as other reviewers have said, goes out of her way to ensure that each guest feels valued and has a wonderful holiday experience. The number of returning guests are testimony to the outstanding hospitality at Odyssey Apartments. We visited with our teenage sons, and hired scooters from the bike hire up the road, which gave us transport all over the island. The boys were able to discover the nightlife and had a great time and we were able to totally relax. We went with other guests to a local island for the day, by boat. Katerina and her staff organised a picnic lunch and wine and we had a really fun day, not returning until sunset! We also visited the local open air cinema, and during our stay, Katerina ensured that we knew if there were any local events which may interest us. She could not have been more kind and generous. We went for the all inclusive package on meals, and we ate heartily. Evening meals especially were delicious, especially as this place is also run as a cookery school. To vary our venue, Katerina arranged for us to eat at her brother's restaurant overlooking Poros town one night. Apartments are also well equipped for self catering and there is a supermarket just up the road. You can eat in the adjoining restaurant on an occasional basis. Our every need was attended to, and I would love to return to do some cookery and sea kayaking one day! Thank you again, Katerina and her staff for looking after us so well.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view and overlook the courtyard. 5 and 6 are in the corner and we were very happy...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Katrina will welcome you into her world. You will live the Greek life. Relearn how to slow down and smell the roses. Through tours of the island you will learn the history of this beautiful place, through the food you will learn of love, and through the people you will learn the language. Cooking classes and sea kayaking are a must. This vacation can be all you want it to be.

I highly recommend this trip to everyone.

Room Tip: Swim either in the Ocean or at a neighbor's pool. Upstairs rooms have more AC.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janice M
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have. Spent two wonderful holidays here. Katerina, the owner, is a wonderful person and goes out of her way to making your holiday interesting by teaching you the local customs, food, architecture, history, and showing off her beautiful Island. We learned so much about Greek food and cooking at her Cooking school.
The accommodation is spacious, clean and Katerina and her staff will do all that they can to make your stay as welcoming and enjoyable as they can.
I will keep going back as long as I am able

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar and face into the lovely Greek courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The Odyssey Apartments is truly a hidden gem on Poros. I felt like I was at home from the moment I arrived with all the attention given to me my Katrina and her staff. The food, Katrina prepares in her small kitchen is on par with 5 star restaurants I have dined in in larger cities.

If you go, be sure to do a cooking class with Katrina! Lots of fun and wine. More over I learned the right way to make Dolmas and Phyllo treats. Also, go on a Kayaking trip with Brian. Even a novice, like me, felt very safe and secure in his care on the water. I really loved going to Sea Glass Beach

I am already saving my pennies for a return trip to Poros, and the Odyssey Apartments. Now what I think of as my second home!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2013

How in the world do I begin? Katerina, the owner of Odyssey, goes way beyond the "the call of duty" to make your visit to Greece and Poros a dream come true. Located on the most beautiful and friendly island in Greece and in a lovely neighborhood, Odyssey, nestled in a quiet area right across from the beautiful beach, caters to your every need. The rooms are decorated with exquisite taste and they are perfectly clean and accommodating. It is wonderful being able to sit on your own balcony with your early morning cup of coffee and watch the world wake up or have your beverage after a day exploring or swimming in the gorgeous water, watching the locals and other guests stroll out for the evening. Odyssey Corner, the quaint and welcoming "cafe" on the first floor offers outdoor dining breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is fresh, clean and especially made with love. All the the girls, as Katerina, go out of the way to make sure you have everything you need and more. You feel like you are family. Katerina's cooking class is AMAZING. She is totally hands on and so much fun. You not only learn how to cook with a glass of wine, but she also explains the history of the food and Greece in a most magical and thorough way. We were all in awe. She is lovely in every way. There is so much to do on Poros and Katerina is so helpful guiding her guests. Whether it is trekking around the island to sights, arranging a trip to an award winning vineyard, kayaking,etc. THE BEST EVER!

Room Tip: EVERY room is great!!!!!!!!!!! I have been there many times and each room is perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have just come back from a week's stay at Odyssey Apartments in Poros, where I had booked a week long cooking holiday. I had an amazing time! Beaches and excursions during the day, followed by delicious and informative cooking classes in the late afternoon, followed by endless meze, good company and the results of our cooking efforts in the evenings! I met some great people and would certainly think about going back!
Katerina is the perfect hostess, chef, business manager and friend. From the outset she did her very best to make me feel welcome and included (I was travelling alone), by the end of the week she made me feel like I was almost one of the family! Her team are also helpful and kind and will go out of their way to make your stay unforgettable.
Poros is charming and the surrounding area is also beautiful and steeped in Greek history. I should also mention Vangelis, who is in charge of the transfers, as kind and as friendly as Katerina, all together they ensured my experience at Odyssey was one I will never forget!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully maintained
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo