“Kayaking in Poros”
Review of Odyssey Suites

Odyssey Suites
Ranked #2 of 36 Speciality Lodging in Poros
Reviewed 8 November 2013

A great venue to obtain your BCU 3 Star Sea Kayaking Award.

The supplied pre-trip advice on the kayaking course and also the guidance on how to get to the Odyssey Apartments in Poros upon arrival in Athens was excellent and helped to make the process straight forward, if this is your first time visiting.

I really enjoyed the kayaking course, initially it helped me to gain a better understanding of where my skill level was at prior to completing the course.

The course covered all of the techniques required to obtain the reward and was also very flexible, Brian was happy to accommodate and teach you any specific areas that you wanted to focus on i.e. Eskimo rolls, deep sea rescues, etc.

The Odyssey Centre accommodation was well maintained and the apartments are spacious.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Also, the food is excellent !

1  Thank Peter W

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our week-long cooking experience with Katerina in her lovely Odyssey Center kitchen couldn't have been more perfect. Day after day, we prepared delicious meals with fresh, local ingredients, learning about Greek culture and tradition along the way. There was also plenty of free time to explore the idyllic island of Poros and nearby Hydra. Katerina and her wonderful staff treated us with such kindness. Katerina's warmth and generosity of spirit made our time on Poros very special.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I almost don't want to write a good review on Odyssey Apartments as then other people are going to know how fantastic it is.....and then it would be more difficult for me to book there :) People ask me why I keep on going back to Greece on holiday. I used to say it's because I love the country, but now I say it's because I am going back to meet up with friends. For the past 4 years I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Odyssey and the length of my stay gets longer every year. Katerina, Brian and their team have created a wonderful atmosphere there. It is impossible to resist the friendliness, excellent food, fun, entertainment, comfortable accomodations and sense of family that it has to offer.

The apartments are well located near to the beach, shops, bus stop and car/bike rentals. The accomodations are perfect if you just want to relax and have a holiday but I highly recommend doing a structured cooking course with Katerina. She teaches you more than just cooking! If cooking isn't your thing, then book a structured Kayaking/adventure holiday with Brian. He is an excellent instructor and will make sure that you have a fantastic experience.

I have already booked my holiday there for 2014 and yes, for a longer period than this year :-) . So, if you're looking to go to Poros, look no further thatn Odyssey Apartments!

2  Thank Ingy71
Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a beautiful place!! Everyone very welcoming and eager to please. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was amazing cooked by the Cookery School students and there was always something to please our group of 9. Katerina and staff were friendly and entertaining.
Then there was the kayaking!! Brian was professional in his teaching and he was always keen to adapt to our needs... we had so much fun learning new skills. We were more than happy to stay 'at home' in the evenings, sitting in the lovely courtyard, although I believe there is a good night life in the town.
Overall, an amazing holiday... we will return!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Just arrived home after an amazing week kayaking in poros. Staying at the odyssey centre was fantastic to say the least, Brian Katerina and all the girls were amazing. The food and service was excellent. The kayaking was great and Brian taught us all so much while having bags of fun and staying very safe, went for a holiday and came home with a kayaking 2 star obtained in beautiful surrounding and warm water. Thankyou so much Brian and Katerina we will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Brian, Katrina and the lovely ladies who kept us fed and watered were amazing. As hosts they could not have done more for us. The food was superb and more than we could eat. Rooms were clean and well presented. Locally, everyone was welcoming and friendly from taxi drivers to shop workers. Highly recommended whether you want to have an active holiday or just sit and chill.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my second visit to Odyssey Apartments and I would recommend this destination to anyone. Poros is a beautiful island - small, intimate and big on hospitality. The same could be said for Odyssey - a beautiful place run by Katerina, who is just wonderful, and her amazing staff (that includes Brian .... ha ha ). Its situated about 20 metres from the beach, has a wonderful ambience and Katerina spoils all of her guests with her fantastic cooking. Katerina makes every effort to make one feel right at home and nothing is too much trouble. For a hassle-free holiday contact Odyssey Apartments. You will love it !