“Absolutely one of the best hotel in Poros Island.”

Xenia Poros Image Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Poros
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is very beautiful and has exceptional views over Poros Chora/port. It was lovely to feel a little away from the crowds of the Island whilst only being a 2 minute drive away by car or 10 minutes on foot.

Absolutely one of the best hotel in Poros. Perfect & peaceful location .

Lovely and clean room (143) with comfy beds & pillows. Breakfast was nice.

The staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. They did everything they could to ensure we had a wonderful holiday.

Mr Kortsinidis(Hotel Manager) , really do a good and professional job and give the hotel some much needed warmth.

Free wifi all over the resort and even at Private beach.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a sea view on the balcony - it is amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I visited this hotel for the weekend and it was a big surprise for me!Nicely renovated,near the city of Poros, nice green location fantastic views nice private beach.The staff was friendly the rooms were spacious the breakfast was nice too.An ideal place for a long weekend near Athens(just one hour fom The port of Pereus)for clean beaces nice views peace and quiet!!!I highly recomend it!

Room Tip: No 409 is ideal for the view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gigouli
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this fine hotel in mid-September 2013 for 6 days. The views of the sea and of the Poros town port from the terrace are fantastic. My room was very spacious and clean. The hotel lobby, the dining area, and terrace are very nice, clean and pleasant. Each morning having breakfast, which is very good, on the terrace, and each evening relaxing on the terrace watching the sea were both very enjoyable. Wi-fi is free of charge, but isn't available in the rooms; only near the lobby and terrace.

1 day I decided to take a ferry to the island of Spetses, and the receptionist was most helpful in finding out ferry times for me and informing me how to locate the tours office.
The walk to the private beach is easy, and the beach is very nice. Beach towels and beach chairs are free of charge.

I had one issue only, which was that since there is no wi-fi in the rooms, I took my own beer on the terrace. I asked the waitress if she would open the bottle for me, which she kindly did without hesitation. I was then informed by the receptionist that I could not have my own beer on the terrace and would have to take it to my room.
Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Marinos P
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful place! Stayed there in 2007 and our room was very clean and nicer than expected, also pretty big! Loved walking down to the beach as well as swimming in the pool there. Great experience, I hope I get to visit again someday!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aly F
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very nice Hotel that has amazing views of Poros town and surrounding landscapes. The hotel was very quiet when we stayed but this is happening all over Greece. The staff were amazing on our arrival, welcome drink from the bubbly reception ladies who greeted us. With the deals around at the moment we would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view looking at Poros is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham R
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is a renovated hotel in a magnificent location at the tip of small peninsula between two small sandy beaches. It has a spectacular view of the town of Poros island overviewing the entire golf that looks like a lake.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the food very good, the room spacious and the prices quite reasonable. We will go again as soon as we find free time.

Room Tip: Select a room overviewing the see towards the town of Poros
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KOSTIS L
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Its basically an old hotel built in the sixties that had a soft renovation but still looks dated. It has seasonal untrained and useless staff. Best staff member we met was not even Greek but Scottish. Service was bad and totally indifferent to requests. Breakfast very basic. WIFI was a joke. We had to drive to the harbor area to get WIFI because it simply did not work at hotel. The most serious concern we had was the lack of any life safety throughout the hotel. No smoke alarms, no sprinklers, no PA system. Door were not fire rated and were so cheap and thin they could easily be kicked in. Safe in room did not work plus was not even secured to wall. We could have simple taken it with us. Pool was not open and filthy. Just to finish, it was bad bad bad. I would never stay there again. Hotel defense can be it was start of season but then why charge 85 Euros per day???

Room Tip: get ocean view and preferably town view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gregory P
Pavlos K, Διευθυντής at Xenia Poros Image Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mr Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. As you correctly mention, our hotel was designed towards the end of the 60’s by a very famous Greek architect called Aris Konstantinidis, whose name has become synonymous with the ‘Xenia’ hotels. As such, it is a historical building both locally and all over Greece. The majority of our staff are employees who have worked for us for many years, and as you can read from reviews not only on TripAdvisor but also on other review sites, they are highly regarded for their integrity and politeness. One occasion which I remember is when you shouted at a member of the reception staff because you found your car dirty in the car park, even although we tried to explain to you that this had happened due to small ‘freak’ rainfall, which had left all the cars in the area with a covering of dust.
The hotel offers free wifi in the public areas but not yet in the rooms, although we expect to be able to offer this service in the rooms very shortly. This is stated clearly on the site through which you made your reservation. I also remember that we had to call an internet technician to correct our system, as you had managed to get access to our system and had changed the name and code of our wifi system without the permission of the hotel or even thinking of the consequences to our other guests.
As for the doors and fire security system of the hotel, I can assure you that we are totally within the legal parameters of the Greek fire security laws, and on top of that the fire security system is checked every year before the season opening.
Our swimming pool was in fact closed during the period of your stay, due to the bad weather conditions at that time. I would like to close by stating that the room you reserved is one of the biggest sized hotel rooms available in Poros, with an incredible view of Poros town, and including an American style buffet breakfast, all for the very reasonable price of 84 euros per night, together with all the other services, which you forgot to mention!