“Great location, great host”
Review of Villa Karina

Villa Karina
Ranked #14 of 193 Speciality Lodging in Skiathos
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The guest house is located on the road between Skiathos town and Koukounaries, so it's easy reach every place or beach on the island you want. The house and the yard are very well maintained. The hosts are very helpful and my family was really glad that we stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Y0rdan
Nikolas M, Owner at Villa Karina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Yordan,

Thank you very much for your great review. It was a pleasure for us having you as our first guest at our house this summer. We hope to see you and your family again at your next trip to Skiathos.

Best wishes,
Stefanos

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We have spent in the Villa Karina beautiful holidays this summer. The Villa is well based about 5 minutes to the beautiful beach, but you have to go there by the road,there is no pavement. The room furniture is quite old but the room was clean and the laundry was changed daily. Be prepair for mosquitoes.The owner and his family are very kind.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zabka22
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After my coming back from the holiday spent in the Villa Karina in Skiathos I want to highly appreciate this stay - the accommodation is very nice, the rooms are tidy, regularly cleaned. There is a very beautiful garden with flowers, palms and cut grass.The owner is very kind, friendly and helpful to client´s wishes. The same his family and the staff. Villa Karina is very well located - to the beach is only 5 minutes walk, many tavernes and shops are also very close. Good bus connection to the Skiathos and to other beaches. Really, I enjoyed this stay and I want to come again! Stefanos, thank you very much once more! Zdenka

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zdenka N
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have just got back from a week staying in the Villa Karina in Skiathos. I booked the trip the evening before I set off through Booking.com and Tripadvisor and all couldn't have gone any smoother. I arrived and was shown my room and left to settle in. The room is basic but clean and pretty large with free AC, small kitchenette and comfortable beds. I emailed Stefanos, the owner, just after booking and when I arrived I was greeted by name.

I enjoyed my stay, and would recommend this villa to those that want accommodation in a great place to be able to go and explore the area. Beeches are short walks, restaurants are close by, its easy to get back into Skiathos Town, the owners are lovely. the price is great, and the room what you would expect in Greece for self catering. Only slight negative is that the shower was never really warm, but as it was so hot all of the time, I found it to be refreshing.

I booked my trip independently and used Germania Airways through Sunvil Holidays (mycharter.co.uk) and found this to be the only flights that were available as most of the time you have to book a package through one of the larger companies. I couldn't fault any of the route I took and it worked out a good financial deal too!

Thanks Villa Karina
Rob

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Having left it late to book our Skiathos accommodation, we found Villa Karina ticked all the boxes. As other contributors have said, the villa is well located. close to bus stop, bars, shops and beaches and has all the required facilities. Everything was clean and tidy and the laundry was changed daily. The beach is only five minutes walk away as is the restaurant Infinity Blue

As a host, Stefanos was fantastic.I damaged my knee on the first day of our holiday which worsened to the point of immobility. My wife explained our predicament and rather than see us struggle he took control. He basically carried me to his car (fifteen stone englishman) and drove myself and my family first to the hospital for an x ray. He then took me to the orthopedic specialist for assessment-explaining everything to the Doctor. He then took me to the chemist for some crutches and ultimately to the pharmacist for the prescribed pain killers- the pharmacist was absent so Stefanos took us back to the Villa, returning later for my prescription-what an absolute star.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank David H
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Good position of villa, 5 min walk from the beach Paraskevia. Other beaches are also close. Stefanos is very friendly. Room is every day clean. Nice garden if you have children. Skiathos as a choice is excellent. I recommend Careffor super market in the city for bigger purchase small shops around are quite more expensive.
WE ENJOYED WHAT WE WISH YOU TOO.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zoran m
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My sister and I recently came back from a third stay at the Karina and it was as good as ever. Stefan and his wife are very friendly and keep the place beautifully. The garden is lovely and the rooms cleaned every day.
It's a really peaceful spot with lovely views of the sea or the fantastic greenery all around.
It's only a 5 minute walk to one lovely beach,,Paraskevi and 10 to another, Kolios.
There's a supermarket, 2 minutes walk away and the village tavernas,5 minutes.
The bus stop for Skiathos town is very close.
All in all, a perfect place! We'll be back.

June & Pat