“Feel good factor”
Review of Green Meadow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos
Green Meadow
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Skiathos
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Set back from busy main road in a rural setting with fruit trees outside apartment. Exceptionally clean apartment with regularly changed sheets and good quality towels. Very helpful owners keen to ensure you enjoy your holiday. Short walk to beach. Own swimming pool clean and not at all busy despite being height of season. Salt and Pepper restaurant nearby offfers good nouvelle Greek cuisine. Taxi to Skiathos manageable but hail on wrong side of road so they turn round as all going to Koukenaries. Difficult to get on bus coming from Koukenaries to Skiathos Town. Easy to get bus back as start from the bus station. Short distance. Approx 11 euros. Good restaurants in Skiathos Town on stretch leading to airport. Instead of ordering a main meal select several different starters. Wonderful! We all had a fabulous holiday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank snowball186338
There are newer reviews for Green Meadow

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Green Meadow

Just returned from two weeks at the Green Meadow, which we found to be quiet and clean and also good cheap accomodation, which is set in ….. a meadow, the grass around the pool and appartments is cut short, but the rest of the land is allowed to grow as ….. a meadow. There was also a pool bar which was never open in the time I was there (which was no loss).

My only gripe was that I never got to meet the owner, which I thought was quite rude on his/her behalf.

Tips –

toilet roll - you only get one for the two weeks, I bought two for €1.35 at the supermarket

Air conditioning €45 per week

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank FatGod
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We spent a lovely week in Troulos in June 2010... the Green Meadow was so perfect, so peaceful. The room although basic was just right, very clean and plenty of space. The beach just a short walk away was splendid. Good places to eat and the taverna at the Green Meadow was extremely good and reasonably priced. We loved the Green Meadow so much that we have booked again but this time we are going for two weeks and cannot wait!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marjorie1234
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Don't normally do this as just got back but had to as could not believe other reviews. Husband booked hols, I went crazy as I had read these reviews but decided to make best of it and so glad we did. Great locatio so peaceful, Spotless room cleaned every day yes basic but it was self catering. Had two rings, kettle. toastie machine, fridge, cutlery and crockery. Good shower but need shower curtain as holding shower tends to make a mess. Bedding changed twice a week. Towels changed when ever we needed them, which was nearly every day and we didn't need to ask. May be other guests stayed at a different Green Meadow. Didn't want to leave will go back again just like majority of people we met.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank lastminholidays
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We arrived at the Green Meadows for a 1 week break in the sun and as soon as we walked in I knew I wouldn't be happy there. Apart from being extremely basic (which you do expect in Greece), the rooms in my opinion were not clean at all. The drawers were dusty and had hairs in them. The bathroom was in a terrible state, and I don't think that the floor had been swept or washed all summer. Needles to say we did not stay there and changed accomodation the very next day.
Other than that, Troulos is an ideal place to stay in Skiathos as it has a great beach and is very easy to hop on a bus into the town.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KiVi73
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Stayed at Green Meadows, in August, and having travelled all over Greece from a very young age, I know what to expect for self catering.

Paid online as a last minute deal, and I must say the photos and write up to the accomodation were very very good.

Upon arrival it's clear the pictures were taken some time ago. The pool area is somewhat abandonned, and the accomodation is overwhemignly basic for what is meant to be 3*, I'd class it as 2* - Average.

The rooms were clean, but overly small, and the general ambience of them didnt merit the cost. They are however traditionally Greek, and had I have paid less for the room, I would have been more than happy.

Location is very good, though there is a road running at the back of the property, which tends to have truck/lorry type traffic, which can be noisy, but not to an annoying degree.

Troulous itself is a bit of mix bag, great beach, with a fantastic hotel at the beach serving wonderful food. Also some traditional tavernas and an overpriced super market nearby. There are other tavernas up the road to the left as you head out of Green Meadow, but as I flown out to see family, I spent my evening in Koukanaires.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, but would not reccomend the price associated with the property. If prices were cheaper it would certainly justify the basic feel to the rooms.

Would i go back to Skiathos? Yes
Would i stay in Troulous? No...would stay in Koukanaires in Myrtia Aprmts, and get the bus into Troulos as and when needed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Barkzz
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We have just returned from our holiday in Skiathos. The island itself is beautiful and has many lovely beaches to visit. We stayed at the Green Meadows appartments as they had such good reviews but we were very, very disappointed. We disliked it so much, that after one night we moved hotels. The location is good, a short walk to Troulos beach but the accomodation is well below it's 3 star rating. The mugs in the kitchen were covered in old tea / coffee stains and the shelf in the bathroom were thick with toothpaste. We stayed in room 17 and it had no TV. The shower was handheld and the water was cold when we tried it twice. It is very, very basic accomodation. The pool area is dead, no atmosphere at all and the pool bar is shut up. To top it off, someone else's 'number two' was in the toilet when we arrived. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this place, we found it depressing. Maybe we just had a bad room!?!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple