“Good Holiday”
Review of Oasis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos
Oasis
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Skiathos
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were able to use the facilities at this hotel, although not staying there, wish we had been!! Pool not very big but enough to cool off. Plenty of sun beds and you can get one at any time of the day as people tend to visit beaches rather than stay at the pool. We ate breakfast everyday at the oasis, it was very nice with little added touches such as fresh fruit given with a full English.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our first time in Skiathos and Oasis, upon recommendation. What can you say about a genuinely friendly, outgoing, generous and extremely likeable host in Mike and his staff.
Being a dog lover, it was great that he lets his two dogs meet and greet you too :) whilst always keeping everything under control.
Take time to eat there too, the food is very good, especially the full English! If you can mange it all, lol.
I've never known an hotel owner to got out of his way so much to ensure you have a great holiday, and from myself and my family, Mike, we thank you.

Chris (seal mans brother!)

3  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We arrived at Oasis hotel actually because we learnt the day before traveling that the hotel we booked in the first place was overbooked. Despite of this fact we were so well received by Mike and Eleni and felt very welcomed and spoiled after our disappointment with the other hotel. We were finally grateful that we ended up in Oasis, the people are amazing, always there for you and more! We can't thank you enough because thanks to you we finally had the amazing lovely holiday we were expecting! Fantastic Hotel, we will definitely go back to Oasis on our next trip to Skyathos!

Lucia and Jules

3  Thank Luli H
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely family ran hotel situated on a reasonable amount of land, it's very green and a bit of a nature lovers paradise with chickens, horses, goats etc. it is also very clean and the service is excellent. The only thing that let's it down, that was a constant source of update was the birds. They have 3 canaries each, all on their own suspended over a pond in very small cages. They aren't ever let out and there are 2 parrots in a similar situation. I'd urge the owners to read up on how to care properly for birds, birds SHOULD be let out on a regular basis and kept entertained. This hotel appeals to animal lovers and so for me this was a massive let down and very upsetting .

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Andreah3851
mikeskiathos, Owner at Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

#I'd urge the owners to read up on how to care properly for birds, birds SHOULD be let out on a regular basis and kept entertained# #so for me this was a massive let down and very upsetting .#
Sometimes I ask myself why I bother to answer reviews.
Obviously you are a bird expert….. I only wish you had made the time locally to talk to me, and express you’re discontent, and who knows perhaps it would make my birds happier……
Here are the facts:
Last month as one staff where cleaning the very large parrots’ cage one of the 2 flew out, both birds had been bred in captivity and NEVER in their lives have tasted freedom the way you perceive it.
He flew in a branch nearby and the next morn we found his dead body lying close by, he had been attacked by an owl during the night? I got the remaining one another companion, female this time, from the pet shop, another bird bread and lived all his live in cages. They are a small Parrots breed called cockatiels not the large African, Amazonian, or Solomon Islands larger breeds that talk.
In the winter I put them in a flat with heating, I make sure they have fresh changes of water, plenty of food and veggies and fruit.
As far as the Canaries are concerned, if you had looked closer you would realize that there are 2 pairs, and both had young, so there are 3 and 4 in each cage, in another 2 cages there are 1 in each, all these birds have been bread by my wife, from our original couple bought some years back also from the pet shop. Their cages are considered large for the standards of persons that have knowledge…….
Anyway trust me unhappy birds do not breed………
I had some English people with deep knowledge of canaries, (particularly a judge of canary singing contests) comment on mine, and please trust me again their words were full of praises.
Perhaps you belong in the category of these persons that feel we should not take the eggs from chickens, and we should not make cheese from goat’s milk, or even ride horses, trust me there is nothing wrong with your beliefs…..
But to imply that I mistreat my animals is something I will not accept…..

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a fabulous stay once again at the Oasis.We have stayed at several places on this beautiful island but none are as good as the Oasis.Mike and Eleni and all the staff are outstanding and cannot do enough for you.The apartments are spotlessly clean and well equipped as is the pool area and bar.It is so conveniently situated only 5 min level walk into town and the bus stop where you can easily catch a bus or get a ferry ride to one of Skiathos's many stunning beaches.Looking forward to next year,it's already booked!!!!!!!
If you are thinking of going to Skiathos and want to feel like you are in the real Greece I would definitely recommend staying here-it is the BEST!

Room Tip: Not had a problem with any of the 5 different rooms we've stayed in.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We returned from the Oasis on 25th July after spending an excellent week on the beautiful island of Skiathos.
We received a very warm welcome from Mike and Dave on arrival and then from the other members of staff as the week went on. The little finishing touches ( like free drink on arrival, Water Melon being handed out to the guests that were relaxing by the pool every afternoon and free ice cream and fruit after a meal ) which made this holiday friendly. One guest said it was like being sat in your own back garden and that was true except there was sunshine and no work the next day.
The apartments are situated in a lovely spot and its almost like a smallholding with a couple of dogs, chickens, goats, two horses ( for a couple of days while we were there ), I wish I was back there now.
If you are the sort of person that wants to eat in the apartment all the time then maybe its not for you as the cooking facilities are a little limited but the prices at the pool bar and within the resort, 5 minutes walk away, aren't expensive so you may as well enjoy the hospitality.
I'm usually like to try different places rather than going back to the same place all the time but thank you Mike for a great holiday. I'm sure we will definately be back again.

Room Tip: We had room A1 which was a good size for a couple and didn't get the late afternoon / evening su...
1  Thank Jayne187069
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Oasis Apartments and studios are situated about 2 minutes from the airport. Set in its own grounds there are 2 blocks of apartments with Block A comprising basement, ground, first and second floors. Block U is ground and first floor. There is also a small single block of apartments adjacent to Block U.

There is an ample bar with an indoor lounge with TV’s and games area. Food is prepared to the rear of the bar. We considered the food to be good value for money although I have to be honest and say we only had sandwiches but these were always fresh and tasty, particularly the tuna. Security boxes are situated to the rear of the bar in a private area and cost 10 Euros per week which is quite acceptable.

There is a small pool, a toilet block with ladies and gents and a library of second hand books. The library also has a number of computers for the free use of guests with internet access.

The gardens around the complex are well maintained and how beautiful to see lemon trees full of fresh plump lemons. Other fruit trees include plums and pears. There are ample sun beds and umbrellas situated around the complex and during our visit in early July I never once saw anybody getting up early to reserve sun beds with towels. A real first in all the years I have been travelling abroad! There are also plenty of hammocks for those of you that are a little more adventurous.

We were in room A4 on the first floor. On entering the door there is a small kitchenette to the right comprising fridge, hotplate, toaster, sink and cupboards with cutlery and crockery. We did not use the cooking facilities as there is no window here so any heat would be captured in the room. However, this proved to be a benefit as this side of the apartments gets the sun in the afternoon and consequently the rooms stay cool.

To the immediate left is the toilet and bathroom which again are clean and more than adequate for 3 person occupancy. The shower is a walk in wet room and I have to say is excellent.

The main room contains 2 single beds, TV, wardrobe and small beside cabinets. The extra room leads from the main bedroom and out onto a rather small balcony. The bedroom has a single bed and a wardrobe. The balcony has a small table and 3 chairs albeit a bit cramped. The balcony gets the sun in the morning before it gets too hot. What a nice place to sit and eat breakfast.

The balcony faces the bar area and can be noisy at night time. Unlike many places today the music doesn’t stop until about midnight and sadly the balcony seems to capture the bar noise so could be a problem for light sleepers. It would be good if the music stopped at say 11.30 but ultimately we are on holiday and some holidaymakers would probably prefer to see the entertainment continue much later. It’s all down to personal preference I suppose. My advice is if you prefer quite, ask for block U but beware that these rooms face the afternoon sun through the patio doors so can cause the rooms to be much hotter in the evening. The rooms do have air conditioning but at 50 Euros for the week it’s a bit pricey. Best tip here is speak to Mike and he will lend you a couple of fans. These do help quite a bit.

On arrival you will be met by Mike the owner who welcomes you with a free drink on the house. Mike explains the dos and don’ts and provides some useful tips on how to get into town. Mike is an excellent host. It’s the first place I have been where the owner comes round in the morning asking is everybody happy. A nice touch I thought. He even took some of the youngsters out for an afternoon snorkelling.

The staff behind the bar work hard and when we were there big Dave was working with his partner Valentine. Dave, from the UK, is always ready to answer your questions and is really helpful. He also has some excellent knowledge of the island and can advise on what to do and where to go. The rest of the team were friendly and hard working.

The bar has a number of happy hours during the week. These are timed at around 10pm so gives you time to go into town for dinner and return to get your ‘2 for 1’. Night time at the bar is a fairly quiet affair most evenings but there is occasional entertainment in the form of singers. I did think that the lighting is a little on the dark side in the evening and thought how different the place would look if there were say 6 candle lit lanterns placed around the pool area just to lift the atmosphere a little.

Mike has a passion for animals and has a beautiful friendly Doberman, a few fish tanks and some bird cages. I understand he also has some horses.

The complex is less than 10 minutes from the town. There are 2 options when walking. Option 1 is to go along the main road to the front of the complex. The road bends to the left and drops down into Skiathos town coming out where the bus stops for Koukounaries. The road passes an excellent supermarket which is about 3 mins from the Oasis. The down side with this route is that the pavements are not particularly good until you pass the supermarket, also it can be very hot.

The alternative is by following the path to the rear of the premises. We thought this was the prettiest route eventually coming out by the marina. Again this route is less than 10 minutes walk and the paths are quite well maintained. You pass gardens full of fruit and vegetables growing in the gardens.

There is not enough time to go into how beautiful Skiathos town is but suffice to say that this is not really a family destination as there is no beach. You will need to take either the bus which costs 2 Euros from the centre or even better get the water taxi from the old town to Kanapsitsa at 3 Euros. Brilliant!

Skiathos town is an amazing collection of shops and restaurants with eating places just about everywhere. Don’t be put off by those on the seafront, they are no dearer than anywhere else and it is idyllic just to sit looking out over the bay and watching the yachts coming back in after a day out sailing.

Overall we thought our week holiday was really enjoyable and the Oasis has some real charm and quite pretty grounds. I would probably come back here again but might look to stay in Block U rather than Block A.

Skiathos and the Oasis are definitely worth a visit!

Paul , Audrey and Laura Partridge

Room Tip: Block U are quieter
7  Thank paulaud
mikeskiathos, Owner at Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi,
First I want to thank you for taking the effort to write such a detailed review.
I must congratulate you for I think that you have told it like I imagine it to be as near the truth as possible.
I also would like to thank you for your praises.
As by now your readers will realize, every time we do not get a perfect score our standings in the ranks drops by a few places, this though is not the reason I answer them…….
I promise you that I am not a vain person and actually I have written again that my thoughts are that we are only a small ( 30 rooms) self care establishment, and that I truly believe that there are many other places in Skiathos that deserve to be up in the ranks more than us…..
One of your hints concerning the time we should close our pool bar restaurant, though should be answered. You mention that in your beliefs around 11.30 is a proper time.
I think that you also should give an estimate of your age when you ask for this. When you belong to the group over 60, and we have in July (high season) the majority of our guests belonging to different age groups, then yes I can understand your proposal, unfortunately I can’t do this as it would mean that the rest of our guests which belong in a much younger generation (mind you I am in your age group) will not be happy…..
I often have thought to close down the bar restaurant as in actuality the costs exceed revenues, but this would be unfair to my visitors.
Yes I agree it can get to be noisy in July, and it is not only from the music, but what must I say to the guests, stop laughing and chattering , 1-2-3 rooms want to sleep by 11.30?
I really can’t do this, so thank you for bringing this problem up, as other guests will be informed and act accordingly.
Also I want them to know that the U section that you mention has its own issues, like farm noises at 5 am, or the discos in the weekend ( all of Skiathos town has this problem)….. So nobody is perfect in my books….
Thank you again and I truly hope that you return, May, early June and from mid September we do not have these issues.
Mike