All reviews thanks mike plenty of sunbeds next year table tennis chicken curry skiathos town hammocks and swings home from home washing up liquid little extras great holiday short walk to the harbour cleaned every day nothing is too much trouble year after year rooms are clean and comfortable welcome meeting
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We only had three good days weather-wise unfortunately.
The Oasis Hotel is everything that you will need from a typical Greek hotel and more. The owner Mike is very enthusiastic in everything that he does and nothing is a problem. the rooms are basic but sufficient with cooking area, TV, bathroom, and sleeping area. all rooms seem to have a balcony.
I cannot add anymore to the report that hasn't already been said. just to add that if you are into aeroplanes you can be at the beginning of the runway in five minutes which was well worth the walk to see planes taking off and landing just over your heads!
I would not have any problem in recommending this property to anyone

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coop6206
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly, I'd like to say I could sum my review up in one word, 'spectacular'!!! But that would be doing a disservice, so as always, I'll go into a bit of depth, hopefully without boring anyone.

On arrival, the hotel looked lovely, cosey and homely which is generally the norm with the types of accommodation we holiday at. We don't do big hotel complexes with dozens of floors and 100s of rooms, as it doesn't feel Greek, it feels like it could be anywhere in the world, so Oasis fit our criteria perfectly.

We were taken into the bar area were owner Mike came and gave us a talk about things to do with the hotel & the island and at first I was a bit taken aback and didn't know what to make of that as we had never experienced that before, as our holiday went on it became obvious why he does that, it's like an ice breaker and making you feel more at home, almost like you are staying with friends as apposed to a business owner.

We were a party of 5, me, my partner and our 3 youngest children, albeit teenagers so we had 2 rooms which were very close to each other, not that it mattered much as the hotel is very compactly laid out so even if they were in the other block they wouldn't be more than half a minute walk. The rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable and our balcony had a lovely view of the pool area and beyond the trees you found see some of the bay.

The food was fantastic, tried a big selection and all five star dishes, couldn't fault a thing. The portions were good too. Drinks were priced around the same mark as everywhere else we've been in Greece and I was even introduced to a new Greek beer, verhina, no idea if that's how it's spelt but I think how you pronounce it. It was lovely.

The staff in the hotel were all friendly and approachable. Offering a quality service day & night. I personally became friendly with Manos, who was the one to introduce me to verhina beer and had several talks during our stay.

Then we get to the dogs. Some people may be put off by the dogs, but please don't as they are the friendliest animals I've met. Both have really great characters and temperaments so it's not as bad as it might seem when you see the photos, especially of bella. It's not an issue, really. They are great.

To complete my review, I must talk about the hotel owner, Mike. What a guy, in all my travels, both in Greece and England I've never met anyone like him. He is kind, generous and goes way above what his obligations as a hotel owner should be to make your stay as special as you could ever imagine. The highlight of this generosity being a boat trip out were me and his son George caught fish on a hand line and then a swim in some lovely caves with crystal clear waters.

My only negative was we only had 7 days there, I wish I'd now booked 14 but the time we did have was spectacular. As we already booked our 2018 holidays before even going to Skiathos we regretfully can't return next year, but in 2019 we will be at Oasis for 2 weeks this time for certain. Whilst I imagine there will be some very nice hotels on the island, probably with some very nice owners I couldn't even see myself choosing anywhere else to stay when holidaying in Skiathos as we've found a place that is perfect for us with an owner we now consider a friend.

Thank you Mike for our wonderful holiday, you made it everything it was and more.

Paul, Louise & Girls

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank pauldarrengray
Reviewed 25 September 2017

It was our first time what a wonderful place apartment looked over the gardens Mike even managed to put our friends in the next studio to us. Everything about the place was excellent. From the chat with Mike to the leaving to go home. All the staff could not do enough for you and always friendly. We could not fault anything rooms very clean, food excellent, we even managed to come 2nd in the quiz. Thank you Mike for the little extras really made our holiday hope to see you next year trying to make it six of us not four. We will definately be back Lesley and Pete, Beverley, Yorkshire

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LesleyT1956
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Quirky, bohemian, greek, just a lovely place with lovely people. Mike and his staff are friendly,helpful and we felt so at home. Don't expect 5 * decor , typical greek furnishings and bathroom, you will get 10* service. Close to the airport but not troubled by noise, just an occasional plane sound for a minute or so. Lovely gardens, hammocks, swing seats, more than enough sunbeds around the lovely pool. Few minutes walk to Skiathos town with bustling streets or quiet tavernas, plenty of choice . We hired a bike for a few days but be warned, off the main roads the surfaces are very poor, it was like a white knuckle ride! The buses run all along the ring road to the beaches , we wouldn't bother with a bike next time. Boat trips are great value and a lovely way to see Skopolos and other islands. We definitely recommend Skiathos and wouldn't go anywhere other than Oasis, thank you Mike and co for a truly wonderful week, we'll be back. :-).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jo T
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed for a week in July with my daughter. Our studio overlooked the gardens and I used to sit on the balcony eating my breakfast looking at olives trees, goats and chickens so peaceful!! We were welcomed on arrival with a cocktail and Mike gave us a map and loads of information we didn't bother going to the tour company welcome meeting as it was everything we needed. Mike, Eleni and their staff looked after us so well, several afternoons they brought round complimentary iced water and melon. Everyone was very attentive nothing was too much trouble. Our studio had everything we needed comfortable and well equipped. We walked into Skiathos Town every night for drinks and food there is so much choice as regards restaurants and bars. Loved our night at the open air cinema when we went to watch Mamma Mia the movie would definitely recommend!! We also did a boat trip to Skopelos which we enjoyed but slightly disappointing as the weather was a bit rough so we missed a couple of stops but made a change from sunbathing all day. This was our first visit to Skiathos would love to go again as it's a lovely island everyone really friendly. If you want to have a holiday where you can relax, within walking distance of a town with bars, restaurants, quaint cobbled streets, harbour and fantastic views this is the place for you. Loved it so much Wendy and Sarah Wilkinson

Stayed: July 2017