My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic 11 night stay at this hotel. This was our 4th visit to Skiathos, 2nd visit to the Kanapitsa area and 1st visit to the Cape Kanapitsa Hotel. What an excellent choice we made!
Having previously stayed in the Kanapitsa area, we had an idea of the location of this particular hotel and knew that the view would be pretty good as described in other travel reviews. However, we were unprepared for just how amazing it actually is!!
We had pre-booked direct with the hotel for a 'superior deluxe double room' particularly for the use of a jacuzzi bath and the added little extras. However, we began to get a little apprehensive about our booking having read some of the negative reviews posted.
We need not have worried. Upon our arrival we received a warm and welcome reception and had a quick check in to our allocated room. We then had a few minor complaints such as our door fob didn't work, no robes left in our room etc. as described but these issues were resolved within minutes.
We were more than pleased with our room until we discovered that our jacuzzi bath (main reason for booking this particular room) didn't work. We reported this to reception and an engineer was sent but was unable to resolve the fault. We were then offered an alternative room which was actually a two bedroomed apartment with even better views and from three different balconies! The apartment was of the same standard if not better than our original room and had 2 bathrooms one which had a jacuzzi bath as per our original request and one with a very large and powerful shower. The apartment also had a very spacious lounge which was furnished to a high standard.
As previous comments, the breakfast can become a little mundane but was always fresh serving soft breads, boiled eggs, cereals, fresh fruits, preservatives, yoghurt, hams, cheeses, rolled omelette's, bacon and small continental sausages. At all times the breakfast was extremely well presented and there was plenty. It was a pleasant surprise to have a variety of jams and marmalades in sealed individual pots rather than the typical large glass bowls that are often re-served day in and day out (attracting wasps, flies etc.) as in many hotels. Also to have butter rather than the usual margarine!
Whilst we didn't tend to use the pool as we like to be on the beach, what we saw of the pool did meet our expectations, it looked extremely inviting and was well maintained. I personally witnessed it being cleaned every morning.
The exterior public areas of the hotel were also cleaned daily and extremely well maintained. The cleaners were always visible, smartly dressed, extremely polite and friendly and always had a welcome smile. In terms of room cleanliness, we had no complaints, our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and fresh sheets. If we had to be really fastidious in respect of cleaning, the only thing we could pick up on would be that the floors could possibly be mopped a little more often but that would be being really picky.
The beds were large and extremely comfortable by Greek standards. Both of the rooms that we stayed in were also equiped with very efficient air conditioning. We are aware that there are a variety of room standards to choose from at the hotel and unable to comment in regards to the standard rooms but certainly with respect to both the deluxe rooms and the apartment we stayed in, we considered that a lot of effort and expense has been put in to make these of high standard.
Our regards to all the management and staff for a truly wonderful and memorable holiday. Our stay at the Cape Kanapitsa is definately the best holiday we've had in Skiathos and we wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire waters, emerald pine trees and topaz blue skies surround Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa of Skiathos. Placed on a private peninsula of 8-acre property overlooking the Aegean and the magnificent Bay of Kanapitsa, Hotel-Suites Cape Kanapitsa occupies what is undoubtedly one of the best positions on the island. Built high on a headland between two wide bays in the grounds of the pretty Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa, they are set in abundant semi-tropical gardens with an attractive seawater swimming pool and bar overlooking the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cape Kanapitsa Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel And Suites
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Skiathos
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Apartments