The Cape Kanapitsa Apartments are really lovely. It is not a hotel - though there is a reception area with safe deposit boxes to rent. It is an older building that is being done up bit by bit - and very tastefully too. We (5 adults) booked the more recently decorated 3-beds with 3 bathrooms for a week in September 2007. Breakfast by the pool was included - fine if you stick to the yoghurts, rolls and fruit. (No one in our party had the courage to try the awful looking scrambled eggs and streaky bacon that was meant to be an English breakfast!)
The complex had friendly staff with good English, a lovely hill top location with fabulous views, 2 nice beaches nearby and easy transport into Skiathos town by boat or bus. We loved the apartments - and we are a picky lot! But as other reviewers have already said, Cape Kanapitsa is not a place for children or teenagers - it would be far too quiet for them.
As for the island of Skiathos, it was much smaller than we realised -many nice beaches but only one town - Skiathos town itself. And only 2 monasteries - both of which are worth a visit. We took a boat trip around the island and lapped up the sun.
We had already spent a week on Skopelos - much bigger, much quieter, and much more authentically Greek than Skiathos. But I would sooner go back to Skiathos - because of the Cape Kanapitsa Apartments. It would be difficult to find better apartments or a more relaxing atmosphere anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire waters, emerald pine trees and topaz blue skies surround Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa of Skiathos. Placed on a private peninsula of 8-acre property overlooking the Aegean and the magnificent Bay of Kanapitsa, Hotel-Suites Cape Kanapitsa occupies what is undoubtedly one of the best positions on the island. Built high on a headland between two wide bays in the grounds of the pretty Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa, they are set in abundant semi-tropical gardens with an attractive seawater swimming pool and bar overlooking the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Cape Kanapitsa Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel And Suites
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Skiathos
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Apartments