Skiathos island was lovely with gorgeous beaches and great restaurants, unfortunately our holiday experience was severely marred by the hotel we stayed in. We were initially surprised to see it classed as a 2 star hotel but gradually began to understand why. On one of the days there was no hot water in one of the rooms, no water at all in the other, there was a terrible stench of rotten eggs coming from the bathrooms due to poor drainage and the bread and cakes at the breakfast lounge were stale.
To top it off, the service was appalling. The main receptionist insulted us and threatened us that she would call the tourist police when we complained about the problems affecting our stay. Her name was Maya and had a very sharp tongue! Although the majority of the people staying were tourists from abroad the MD of the hotel lied to us claiming that mainly Greeks stay at the hotel. This was a blatant lie. We later found out that other guests had been lied to as well about other issues (when there was a power cut at Cape Kanapitsa Suites they claimed that it affected the whole island but the truth was that it had only affected Cape Kanapitsa suites)
I have vast experience of staying in superb resorts across Greece and this was an utter disappointment. In our opinion this hotel must be avoided at all cost and we would not stay free of charge let alone the extortionate 145 EUR cost per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire waters, emerald pine trees and topaz blue skies surround Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa of Skiathos. Placed on a private peninsula of 8-acre property overlooking the Aegean and the magnificent Bay of Kanapitsa, Hotel-Suites Cape Kanapitsa occupies what is undoubtedly one of the best positions on the island. Built high on a headland between two wide bays in the grounds of the pretty Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa, they are set in abundant semi-tropical gardens with an attractive seawater swimming pool and bar overlooking the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cape Kanapitsa Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel And Suites
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Skiathos
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Apartments