“Not for everyone”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos
Villa Apollon Skiathos
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Skiathos
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Captain and Dounia gave us a warm welcome on arrival and they and their small staff do work tirelessly to keep their guests happy. The sea view from the pool is lovely - and the pool itself is very nice - perhaps not enough beds around the pool for the number of guests.
Room no 17 had a sea/ with partial road view. There was no privacy on the balcony from people drinking at the bar/ restaurant. I am a light sleeper and room 17 was at the the side of the bar and there was road noise til 3am. The room had broken air conditioning unit and I didn't sleep for two nights despite Captain's repeated efforts to fix it. He eventually got an engineer out to replace the whole unit which he admitted had actually been broken the previous week. It got fixed so that was good. This was my sixth visit to Skiathos and the rooms at Apollon were the smallest we have stayed in . The kitchen area has everything there- but realistically it's too small to cook in. Without going into detail the toilet was not great!We had problems getting a bill - we stayed four nights and ate two breakfasts but were charged for three. On a positive note - I injured my leg and Dounia and Captain couldn't have been be more helpful - giving me ice/ lending me a stick to help me. Also the young lad there works like a Trojan ! We decided to move to Kanapitsa Mare because it had easy access with lifts/no steps for the last few days - and I'm so glad we did. There were a lot of returning guests at Villa Apollon who seem very happy there and many knew each other from previous visits - but It's not for everyone .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank traceynewall

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I hope T A will allow me to to do this BEFORE we actually go to the Apollon!! In four weeks time we arrive at Skiathos for the FOURTH time but our first at the Apollon. My wife and I have been sitting in bed reading the latest reports and we now cannot wait to get on that plane. We are so looking forward to meeting the Captain and Dounia and whilst we are used to going into town or to the Platanias (Aghios Paraskevi) restaurant for our evening meal it looks from reports as if we may well eat at the Apollon svereal times as the food sounds fantastic. We were a little disappointed last year when we stayed at the Eleni a little up the road as the welcome was virtually non existent but we loved Achladias and are so pleased we found the Apollon. It is solely due to Trip Advisor that we chose the Apollon, the reports on T A speak volumes as to where one chooses to go. We are now salivating at the prospect of a great two week holiday which commences on 2 September. We shall no doubt be reporting back upon our return on T A. Lindsay and Sue, Southampton

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Just come back from wonderful 2 weeks at villa apollon, skiathos. Upon arrival we (myself my husband and 15 year old son) greeted by the captain and Dounia and shown to our room, which was NO. 6 and we were very pleased. The room was fully equipped with the usual stuff including a toaster, 2 rings, kettle, microwave, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, double bed and single bed. The beds were all proper beds, not fold out beds and were very comfy. The room was more than large enough for our needs.The view from the room was amazing could see the sea, our room opened up to a large balcony which lead onto the pool area. There was a poolside bar were you could order breakfast and meals, food was fantastic! And good value for money! The 'cliques' that have been described in previous reviews were evident but this was due to the place being so good that the customers kept coming back and they were known personally to the captain and Dounia. We were not made to feel unconfortable by this or left out in anyway. The captain and Dounia Made as much a fuss to the people they had just met as they did with friends and repeat customers. They couldn't do enough for you to make your stay any more enjoyable. The team worked from early morning to last thing at night. We had the luxury of free air conditioning,wifi and a safe which was very much appreciated.  The loungers by the pool were so comfy and had a complimentary fresh towel placed on it every morning. The island is beautiful and easy to explore. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Villa Apollon and I would love to be able to make a return trip! Thank you the captain and Dounia!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Firstly Yammas to Captain & Dounia, Jack, and their team (and what a team they all are) not forgetting Leon! We have spent our first holiday in Skiathos and we were so lucky to have enjoyed our time at Villa Apollen. From the moment we arrived and were welcomed to our room to the time we left and how sad we were at the moment, it was first class. I would like to try and make our review a little different from all the amazing ones but I don't know how I can. From the welcome, and then sitting at the bar taking in the view with a cold beer of course, to settling in your room, so clean, beautiful view and the special touches incredible, iron, ironing board, microwave, every untensil that you would need to make a meal.... buy why would you, we took Special Pizza and Greek Salad to our balcony, just fab. Loved my special orange juice in the morning which Dounia would say I will make it sexy for you, it was delicious, Phil would have Captains special Iced Coffee - we loved everything and we met some lovely people, Will we return... oh yes please. xx

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kathyanne1
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Captain & Dounia certainly know how to look after their guests, nothing was too much trouble, if there was a problem, personal or otherwise they were happy to help, their main aim was for everyone to have a happy and relaxing holiday. The view from the villa is spectacular, every room has a similar view and the double bed was almost as good as our bed at home. Usually neither my husband or I sleep well whilst on holiday, but I have to say both of us slept like babies. Having the air con and safe included in the price was lovely - no going to reception to pay for extras + having Apollon towels to use at the pool area, these little things are definitely the reason why so many people return year after year, but I think the main reason is Dounia and The Captain making everyone feel so at home. The bar food was delicious, very generous helpings and reasonably priced - we did find some restaurants in Skiathos very expensive and the food of poor quality, I'm sure if Villa Apollon were to accept non residents, they would be overwhelmed with customers. We didn't find there was a clique at all, we mixed with couples who had visited before, as well as couples who, like us, were visiting for the first time, everyone got on really well and both Dounia and the Captain treated everyone exactly the same.
People booking for the first time should be made aware of the steep hill/steps down to the beach, not too bad going down, but for the older generation, coming back up in the hot sun could be a struggle. Skiathos is a very small island and is basically a sunbathers paradise with over 60 beaches to choose from, not an island to choose if you are looking for something more. We hired a quad for 6 days, it's the best mode of transport due to the roads being more like dirt tracks, but that made it all the more fun. A trip to the north of the island is well worth it, the views are lovely and of course no one should miss going to the airport to watch the planes fly over your head onto the very short runway.

Room Tip: We had a room in the annex, which had a nice balcony with lovely views and we were very happy with t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Captain and Dounia gave us the best reception we have ever been given at a hotel and could not of been more helpful from start to finish of our holiday. The bar area has everything you need with great views of the pool and coastline. The food is exceptional particularly the Spatchcock Chicken and the Fresh Fish which is specifically chosen from the market that morning by the captain.The sun loungers are probably the most comfortable we have ever had and you can easily lay or sit in the shade. A great bonus was that we had Air Conditioning and a safe in our room at NO HIDDEN charge. The maid service was great and the rooms are of a very good standard and it was nice to see mattress protectors in use. and we came back off the holiday with many memories and friends. We have never done this before with holidays but have already booked for 2 weeks next year.

Room Tip: You can be by the pool or if you prefer a little more peace then you can have great views of the sea
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank midlandscockney
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from a two week stay at Villa Apollon and already we are planning to return. Fell in love with Skiathos and Captain and Dounia made us feel so welcome. Real family atmosphere at the apartments everyone was so friendly and felt very relaxed during our stay. Villa Apollon met and exceeded our expectations.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple