We decided to return to the Apollon to meet up with some friends we met there 2 years ago, and also to remind ourselves what a wonderful and unique place it was.
On arrival, we were greeted like long lost friends by Dounia and Captain who really are incredible hosts. When you come to the Apollon, you have all the ingredients for a tremendous holiday:
- the view from the pool, and our balcony - unequalled in Skiathos, I would go as far to say.
- the friendly hosts and family feel of the place
- times around the bar, friends old and new
- Captain's barbecue
- Captain's stories!
- the other guests - because the Apollon is not affiliated to a travel company, people come from across Europe (while we were there, we met Romanians, Italians, English and Greeks)
- the book library
This year, the pool area is brand new. It looks fantastic and there is a pool cover which come over at night to avert any drunken dangers. The downstairs apartments by the pool also appear to have been upgraded (the 2 bed apartment by the pool looks phenomenal with it's 5* decor and walk in shower).
Our 2 bed apartment upstairs commanded a superb view over Achladies bay. It's huge! It doesn't have 5 star facilities but hey, this is Greece. Great big comfy bed, air conditioning, plenty of floor space. One thing which I constantly battled with was the 'shower curtain of doom' which wrapped itself around me shroud-like each time I showered. Not a massive shower area, but it did provide some amusement!
On the whole, we had a great holiday. Skiathos is beautiful and I am still convinced the Apollon is THE place to stay. We caught up with friends we met here 2 years ago and the fortnight went way too quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located 3.5 kms from Skiathos town and 4.5 kms from Skiathos airport at one of the best beaches of the island named Achladies where you can find water-sports, tavernas, bars, restaurants, water taxi to town and supermarkets. Bus stop no 9 is 50 meters from the gate of the Villa. The most important characteristic of Villa Apollon is the feeling of comfort and relaxation.PRICE INCLUDES WELCOME DRINK, BABY COT,WI-FI CONNECTION, PARKING.STUDIOS (2 PERSONS) double bed or two single beds.STUDIOS (3 PERSONS) one double bed and one single bed.ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT(2-4 PERSONS) one double bed (bedroom)and two single beds at the living area.TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT(2-5PERSONS) Two bedrooms one with double bed and one with two single beds can sleep up to five-six (5-6) persons adding one or two single beds at the living area. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa Apollon Skiathos Hotel Skiathos
- Apollon Hotel Skiathos