“True Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had a great vacation in Greece, and passing by Volos me and my boyfriend discovered Taverna Italiana on tripadvisor, we had "tagliatelle al ragu" and "risotto ai funghi" and we also had an incredible barolo, the service was exceptional, a true italian chef,and for desert we had a excelent tiramisu. I recomand this restaurant because its a little piece of italy.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Me and my family went to Volos for this vacation, and we passed by this restaurant, and my kids were in the mood for some pasta, and we gave it a try, and i got to admit, it was wonderfull, the service, and the taste really reminded me of the time i was in Italy. I recomand it and we will be back when we visit Volos.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Firstly, ignore the comments about not many tables/no atmosphere. Either there has been a renovation or those people have strange perceptions, it is a beautiful place, lovely garden patio at the front and plenty of room. Maybe in winter it seems smaller as only the inside is open. The manager is fabulous, proper service, very switched-on. He was in Italy for over 30 years and knows the ropes. Food was the highlight of our trip, do yourself a favour, jump in a taxi and have the best meal of your stay in Volos. Highly recommended. Phone and book if you want to, they speak perfect english, Italian and Greek.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Fantastic Italian food in Volos. Main courses were well prepared. Homemade pasta was delicious. Definetly reccomend the desserts. The ambience could have been nicer, in residential Volos (not along the sea) a small setting. A sure winner!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I've Italian origin, and I enjoy Italian food which is tasty and fine.

Last week, I've tried this restaurant with my family. We were 8 of us.
All the dishes were just disgusting.
My "home made" tagliatelle were too cooked and the world famous Bolognese without taste.
The other dishes wereall bad and without any taste.
All the other dishes were also a nightmare!
And the wine.. À 50$ Italian wine.... it was stale and served too hot.The server has decanted the wine by using ....... a water bottle.... A joke!

At the end of the dinner, the cook introduced himself. The poor man...

This taverna can win the gold medale of of the worst Italian restaurant I've experienced in my li

2  Thank stefan19100