Ramada Plaza Thraki
Park Hotel(Alexandroupoli)
  • Pool
Panorama Classic Hotel(Alexandroupoli)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsspa centerramada plazaall inclusive packagehigh qualityswimming poollunch and dinnerexcellent viewpublic areaskids clubexcellent spabeach barroom servicespacious and clean roomsthese guysnice holidayexcellent choicegreek coffee
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have just returned from the family vacation. We spent there 6 nights.
I do not want to comment services, rooms, etc. It is for sure not a 5-star hotel. What concern me the most is the fact that the hotel does not have beach. It is so close to the sea, but without the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Tamifil
Apostolos P, Owner at Ramada Plaza Thraki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you spend at our hotel and for your usefull remarks. Your feedback was very valuable and created an improvement process within our management team and our personnel.

Regarding your remark about the beach, it is true that the situation is not ideal. The fact is that several weeks ago there was an unexpected disaster at our beach due to unusual strong south winds. This phenomenon destroyed our beach and created the images that you saw.

Of course we reacted as soon as we could and created a new beach that is shown on our revised pictures. Our goal was to create a beach that will not be affected by the sea where on the same time our guests will be able to enjoy the sea in front of the hotel. We believe that the result was to create the first beach that is floating above the sea level !!

Our plan is to deal with this phenomenon in more depth before the next summer since we believe that any additional works at this moment will annoy our guest.

Thank you again for your remarks and we would like to welcome you at our hotel again in the future in order to offer you our improved services.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

An excellent hotel in a perfect location, good service.
It is located in front of the sea.
Excellent breakfast, Internet connection in all rooms.
The room is pretty large with excellent bathroom, but the carpet is a little old and damage but clear.
It' s obvious that the hotel need a renovation

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Elefteria K
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed there during a business trip. The hotel was booked by a company, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen it.

I was given a room at the ground floor, facing the backyard and a fence. The first bad impression is the dirty carpet in the hallway that leads to the room, and the dirty carpet in the room. The room number was a scruffy hand-written plate on the door....Imagine these two first impressions, for a so called 5 star hotel...

The room itself was spacious but with many problems. First of all there wasn't a lock either on the main door and the bathroom door. -1 points there.

No safe in the room. I had to put my valueable belongings in my car trunck... Another -1 point there...
No stationary material or info abouth the hotel or the room. Just a room-service menu and some info about the spa...
The bed was mediocre but provided good sleep, at least for me.
The TV, as said by others, was an old type one. Doesn't bother me, but hey, it's a 5* hotel at the bottomline...
The wi-fi was free and with a good signal.

The whole room was looking old and cheap. Cheap furniture, full of scratches, dirty carpet, not many amenities that define a 5 star hotel.

The breakfast bufett had a good variety of foods but there were two things that ruined the whole impression. First of all, the orange juice. Canned orange juice with awful taste... And everyday I found DIRTY cups for my coffee... DIRTY cups....

The spa is grate, with many amenities but I found the 12€ charge for the pool, even for the hotel guests, very disturbing. They don't charge the steam bath or the sauna or the various shower cabins, and they charge the swimming pool. Imagine bringing your kids along. You will have to pay 12€ per kid to keep them busy and happy...

In conclusion: I didn't enjoy the stay. In fact I left earlier than my scheduled departure because I didn't enjoy my stay at all.
The hotels needs a BIG renovation.
I wouldn't stay again at that hotel if I had to pay myself for the room.

If I had to rate it, I would have put a 3* stamp to Thraki Palce Hotel....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DoctorSotos
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We spent in the hotel New year's Eve - the location is very nice, just on the seaside. Most of the rooms are with seaside view. Their is a beach - tipical for Greece - small, some sand, but mainly rocks. It was unpleasant to see a pipe from the hotel pulling up in the sea. Probably due to the season the cleaness was very poor - the carpets in the corridors where dirty, the bath tubs - not cleaned and with rust. The breakfast is average having in mind also personal taste. Generally very bad organization of the celebration for 5 star hotel - announced to start at 21.00 it started at 22.00, on a buffet, with no entertaining program. Overall impression - good location, not for five star.

Room Tip: You should search for a seaside view as there are not more than 10 rooms (numbers 108-117) which are looking to the neighbour houses
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank delidim
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This hotel should be rated between 3 and 4 stars.
To be more precise, they had a 5 star breakfast buffet where you could prepare your own Greek coffee - if you wanted to, but all the rest was mid-rated.
There was no Internet connection at the rooms. They said that this was temporary but the point is that we had to go to the lobby to do our work.
The room was pretty large but the carpet was rather old and slightly damaged.
There was too much noise at the hotel lobby and the surrounding areas from some groups that were accomodated then (old people, police officers) making our stay not too much comfortable.
Having in mind that we had to pay 80 euros for all this mess, then I would say that the hotel is overpriced and does not worth more than 60-65 euros for a double room per night.
P.S.: It is located around 5-6 km far away from Alexandroupolis. Don't prefer it if you would like to stay at the city centre.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business