“Perfect location-parking is an issue”
Review of Orpheus Hotel

Orpheus Hotel
Orpheus Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Komotini
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect location-parking is an issue”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The hotel is located on the town's central Square making all restaurants , bars, cafeterias and most amenities (banks etc) a mere minute (or few minutes) walk. Rooms on higher floors have a great view of the square and the town. Staff has been extremely helpful too. If there was a minus note is the lack of parking space and in a more general sense tha lack of parking space in Komotini's town centre.

Room Tip: Top floors have great views of the Square and the City. Parking is a big issue. Ideally stop in fron...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Elounda,Crete
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We had a trip to the north of Greece and this was the worst hotel we stayed in. Not worth 50 euro (room only) per night!!! Pillows like rocks and sheets so stiff and hard that they crackled when you turned over. The bathroom was in need of a good clean and the carpets were dirty. The noise from the outside square where the bars are was unbelievabably loud until about 4am and this was in December!!!! Very old hotel in need of repair with rubbish and rubble as the view from the back window of corridor.
The only good point was the location -very central but then you have the noise to contend with even from a top floor!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank janet-manos

Travellers are raving about these Komotini hotels

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I was staying due to a business trip to the area. The hotel was dirty and the stuff rude. Imagine that I found hair inside the sink (and of course not belonging to me!)...

Not recommending this hotel to anyone...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HDTsele
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 25 February 2011

the hotel was nice, new rooms, very warm, perfect location but the staff was terrible. I call them (the receptionist) few days before booking and we arranged a special price aggrement because i was going to stay for a month and when the month was over and went to recepionist to settle my bill account, i was suprised when they told me that no aggrement was made and they "didn't know anything!". In the end, i had to pay much more money, they didn't even try to apologise to me or give me an explaination and they were extremely rude to me!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank elennic
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 November 2009

I stayed in this hotel when I went to Komotini to visit friends. The hotel itself is right on the central square (Irini Square) of Komotini. The receptionist was kind, and helped me when I asked her for things to do, where to eat, etc. Other than that, this hotel was possibly the worst I have ever stayed in. The lobby is very nicely decorated, but the second the elevator door opened up to the hallway where the rooms were, the smile was wiped off my face.

The rugs on the floor looked like they had not been washed since World War II, and the curtains on the windows in the hallways were torn and dirty.

Going into the room was the same thing. I was actually afraid of taking off my socks and walking on the rug barefoot because of the possibility of getting a fungal infection, I am not germophobic at all, but the condition of the room was disgusting. The beds looked like old war-zone metal hospital beds with thin mattresses that were hard as rocks. If I turned on the bed, it made a loud creaking noise. The pillows were also hard as rocks.

The bathroom, was another aberration. I actually never used the toilet because I was worried that if I sat on it I would catch a disease, mostly because I could see the previous guest's urine drops on the floor. The shower curtain had mold on it and the floor of the shower was stained.

I don't think that this hotel should even be allowed to stay open, I only stayed there one night, and the 60euro per night price should really have been below 10.

Horrible, Absolutely horrible.