The location is amazing! its right by the habor in the lovely little coastal town of Svaneke. We stayed there for two nights and honestly the location makes this place - and thats it. When its all said and done - at the end of the day you are shelling out around 150 US a night. Lets just look at what you get:
1) unbeatable location. Right by the water. Spot on
2) A lovely flowery garden - though quite windy as you are about 100 feet from the ocean
3) very mediocre and overpriced rooms.
4) Expensive food that is only so-so
5) A completely disorganized service. Most of the staff are untrained and uncaring students who work there for summer only. Considering that the place want to brand itself as "up-scale" thats just not going to cut it.
6) A reception thats never open - well not when we needed it. No one to call, no one.
7) a reactive staff rather than a proactive approach. Staff is helpful in trying to resolve your issues - but fact is that the problems we had could have been easily avoided by spending a few bucks...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Siemsens Gaard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Siemsens Gaard Svaneke, Bornholm, Denmark