“Budget accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Udsigten Svendborg

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Svendborg
Udsigten Svendborg
Singapore, Singapore
“Budget accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was like a hostel with room with shared bathroom and toilet facilities. Fully equipped kitchen, fridge is avaiable for use. The owner is helpful. it is value for money, clean. It is on a hill so be careful if you have heavy luggage. It is about 1 .2 km from train and bus station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leisure1507

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reggio Emilia, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I booked a room for three nights based on the enthusiastic reviews read online on several websites. I arrived on tuesday at 11 pm, so I had to see myself in and leave an envelop with the money in the mail box, which was fine with me.

I rapidly checked the room, which was, I thought, all right for 30 Euros per night (although 1 somewhat smelly toilet for 10 rooms... not great), and left the money. By now it was midnight (I had to go find an atm machine to get the cash). I prepared myself to go to bed and - surprise! under the cover, the bed was dirty. Dirty as in dirty + human hair. From different people, judging from the colors. It was too late by then, so I dressed up again and slept with my bathrobe on the bed, hoping not to get lice. The door was opened, so I think someone might have slept in there before, unknown to the owner, but frankly, I don't even care why that happened.

The owner, which I saw the next morning at 7 am, told me she had cleaned it on monday. Ok, but the bed was dirty, and I slept in my clothes! I said I was going to find myself another place, and asked if I could have my money back. She said I could only have the third night refunded, as I should have told her the night before that I wanted to leave (at midnight, when everything was closed and there were no signs of life upstairs?). She offered me another room, which I refused (sorry, no way). We exchanged emails the following days, she apologized, I went back to get the money (and had to ask explicitly for the receipt). Result? 60 Euros to sleep dressed up in a dirty room. I am sure these are nice people and everything but.... If something like this happens, lady, just refund everything and that's it. To me, these 60 Euros are stolen money.

This left me very upset, so you should know: if something goes wrong in this place, you're screwed.

Room Tip: Check the room AND inside the bed before you leave your money. I wish I did. I would have left only...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kipale78
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

The view is fantastic. We could have sit there for days just marveling at the view. The owner greeted us and showed us the accommodations and amenities provided. Local workers, fair vendors and tourists shared the other rooms. The communal kitchen is well laid out for all to use. Out on the patio we all shared our coffee, food and stories of families, friends, housing, favorite foods, clothing, labor practices, wages, and illegal immigration issues. It is a short distance into town or to the local stores for supplies and shopping. Udsigten is an excellent value both financially and emotionally. We had a great time and learned a lot.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mike P
Mount Franklin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lovely clean quiet room with bathroom just across the corridor. Good value for money and lovely friendly owners who help as much as they can with tourist information. We are away on an extended trip so we appreciated the kitchen facilities as we were able to make our own meals easily.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Annem0404
Zlin, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Originally we had planned to spend four days in Udsigten. Then we wanted to stay at another location. Finally we spent in this mini-hotel next three days. We were very happy here. Everything worked great - cleaning, cleanliness, possibility to use the kitchen, the availability of shops. First of all, I would like to appreciate the helpfulness and willingness to Karina and Klaus. Karina supplied us with plenty of information and advice which helped us in planning our trips. Feel I can recommend this accommodation to all who expect a quiet stay in a nice place for a very, very good price (to Denmark).
Původně jsme měli v plánu strávit v Udsigten čtyři dny a potom jsme chtěli pokračovat dále. Nakonec jsme se rozhodli zůstat tady další tři dny, protože jsme tady byli opravdu velmi spokojeni. Všechno fungovalo výborně - úklid, čistota, možnost využívání kuchyně, dostupnost ochodu. Především bych však chtěla vyzdvihnout přívětivost a laskavost Kariny a Klause. Karina nás zásobovala množstvím informací a rad, které nám pomohly s plánováním našich výletů. Klidně mohu doporučit toto ubytování všem, kteří očekávají klidný pobyt na pěkném místě za velmi, velmi příznivou cenu (v Dánsku).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Dana F
Nara, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is the best accommodation for those who want to enjoy a lot,in free style and low cost .I was able to enjoy a trip around the Fyn island and archipelago based in this inn.Karina of the inn provided us with specific information on our bus and ferry.She also has rental bikes.There are supermarkets and a harbor's fish shop in this town. I bought vegetables and fish from them, and I was able to cook in the kitchen of the inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
16 Thank meiryo
Faaborg, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Nice place, rooms and location are very fine. But this is NOT a BED & BREAKFAST. You will have to buy and prepare that yourself. Prices are rather high for rooms with shared bathroom facilities only. I would give this a higher ranking if the hosts didn't call this a "B&B".

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo