Hotel Cabinn Aalborg
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Hotel Aalborg(Aalborg)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewseconomy roomcheap placeshopping malltop bunksleep with the window openshower curtainrooms are smallwater frontdouble bedparty streetcityladderradisson
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Cabinn chain offers small, basic, clean rooms at a good price and does the basics well. This hotel is ideally located the centre of Aalborg. My only complaint was the slow service at reception. Given the prices I imagine at times it could be full of loud young people, but we had no complaints. The restaurant didn't look to be as good a value, however there are plenty of alternatives nearby. I'd recommend the Cabinn if you're on a budget and/or want somewhere convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The beds were too narrow to be shared with our 1-year old baby. The rooms were very small and the view through the window was not the best: the back side of a shopping mall and a boring roof. The location is great, in the middle of the city centre and close to public transport. The staff is friendly.

We did not have breakfast here, it is too expensive for what we usually eat (just a coffee with a slice of bread). We had to pay DKK80 for parking.

This was the second time I stayed here and I feel it's the last one. Next time we're in Aalborg we are staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carpinchito
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is in a good location as it is opposite to UTZON center (the last building to be designed by Jørn Utzon, the architect behind the Sydney Opera House) and located in the center of Aalborg with some places to see, do shopping and dine. Also it is very close to airport (5.7km), however I had to pay around 160DKK (30 USD).

I went for a single room but a room can be used by two as it is having bunker beds (with upper bed). This is a basic room. There is no iron in the room. I stayed here because I was attending a conference held in Nordkraft. I found it very hard. The mirrors are only inside the bathroom. So I had to go outside to corridor to see the full size mirror. There are very long passages and in between there are very big life size mirrors. There is an electric jug and some complimentary coffee, tea and sugar packets are provided. The breakfast is basic.

The toilet is very cramped (hard to sit properly also) with the shower above you. The smallest bathroom I have ever seen. However, it is fine if you are here for a short stay. Also can here the flushing sounds from other rooms.

In Denmarks terms this could be considered as a budget hotel, however it is expensive when you consider the cramp rooms (specially the bathroom). Had a window and can see the side road (H&M side), which is a good thing is in some budget hotels they do not have windows.

The staff seems to be quite friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Supun A
Reviewed 24 May 2014

For UK visitors, think Travelodge, but with much friendlier staff. Basic, single room, but had all I needed and the reception staff were great. The hotel is well located for the centre of Aalborg, with some good bars and shops nearby.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank paulysalz
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were staying in a family room for four. The room was surprisingly spacious, we were four ladies with motorcycle gear and all our stuff fitted perfectly in the room and there was still room over to sit and relax. The upper bed was terribly high (I am a bit scared of heights..) and the bed had no sides so it is definitely not a place for small kids to sleep in. The pillow and duvet were nice and fluffy so the bed was ok to sleep in. The positive thing in having the upper bed so high up is that you get more space on the lower bunk so you could easily sit on the bed even i you happen to be a bit taller than the rest of us!

The toilet / bathroom was unbelievably small, it was like in a cabin on a ferry boat. There was no shelves or anything in the shower to put your soap and shampoo onto and the shower was attached to the ceiling and in the middle of the shower "cabin" (=with shower curtain drawn) so it was nearly impossible to avoid getting hair wet. Still it was very cramped and it became a real challenge to get hair washed in this shower.

The location was absolutely perfect, in the middle of the city, close to everything. There is a garage in connection to the hotel, you have to take a few steps from the garage before getting to the elevator so that will not work so fine for disabled guests or guests with prams (I do not know if there is another entrance for them). Breakfast was good, choice of breads, cereal etc. Orange juice was from concentrate and not so good (artificial taste) but coffee was good.

The hotel was definitely worth the price and could stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends