“Okay food, poor service”
Review of Gorm's Aarhus

Gorm's Aarhus
Ranked #281 of 579 Restaurants in Aarhus
Price range: US$12 - US$55
Description: Gorm's in Aarhus is a gourmet pizza place, where proud italian pizza traditions are mixed with the modern style of the new nordic kitchen. The atmosphere is very relaxed and cozy with typical modern danish vibes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pizzas were okay, but nowhere near other Italian Pizzas in the area.
The service was poor - long waits even though the restaurant wasn't anywhere near full.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Date night at Gorm's was a great experience - great cocktails but more important super delicious pizza that we enjoyed in hyggelige surroundings with great staff. So a warm recommendation to try it out!

Martin T, Chef  at Gorm's Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

So nice to hear that you enjoyed our pizze, and that the restaurant was a good place for a romantic night out.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Pizza was kind of cardboard like, very dry and crispy. Not enjoyable for me. Staff was way way too busy, had to wait a large amount of time to pay. Meh.

1  Thank Simon F
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited to sample the famous sourdough pizzas that have been available in Copenhagen for some time. Great to get the opportunity in Aarhus! And we were not disapoointed - the pizzas are simply outstanding! I had the locally available “Smilets by”, which is one of the best pizzas I ever had. And I’ve had a few...

For dessert we shared a dessert pizza, which is also highly recommended!

Unfortunately the restaurant falls short on service. The team just doesn’t seem ready. There was too much waiting for service and food. We just got the impression that it was not clearly defined who does what.

Also, it seems the restaurant is trying to do too many things. The simplicity of a pizza restaurant got lost somehow and it just felt a bit off.

Its too bad, because the pizzas are nothing short of amazing!

1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I love the pizza at Gorm’s. This is my third time here.

Both tonight and two weeks ago, the service was horrible. It wasn’t just “me”. Three tables beside me all ended up going to find someone for their food, desserts and even to get a menu. My table wasn’t immune.

Our two pizzas took 40 minutes and was fairly cold by the time it arrived. We then got abandoned after waiting 30 minutes for someone to come past for place a dessert or drink order.

The young staff seem friendly enough... but it seems like no one is in charge. They all run around to try do their thing with little co-ordination?

Still recommend Gorm’s for take-away pizza but it’s appears to be a gamble if you want to take a date or family at the moment.