“Magical Heating”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I had an Executive Room on the 11th floor. Outside the weather was -2C. I walked into the room and it was COLD. I did not realise that the radiator operated on a "green" principal and spent much time trying to turn it on (no thermostat) or getting the A/C unit to rise above 19C (unachieved). It was only later as I sat in my coat with my complimentary bathrobe around my feet, that I realised the radiator had sprung to life and the room was warming up. This interesting pattern happened every time I left and came back to the room. The bathroom had no perceptible heating and was cold. The hotel info is displayed on the TV in the room but I couldn't find any indication of this automatic heating system. Laughably the radiator was on the outside wall behind very thick, floor length curtains, but on the 11th floor there are few to overlook the room if the curtains are left undrawn. I like this hotel very much and have stayed several times, but the heating system needs a slot on their TV guide.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Christine W

I am glad you chose to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. For environmental reasons, our air conditioning is stopping, when you leave the room and take the key card from the "activation box". However, it is not supposed to be so cold in the room. We will of course take your constructive criticism to us, and to improve the entire air-conditioning.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I was there many times because my company have the HQ there and after checked all, I can say it is the best of Hotel in Aarhus with a good service and clean rooms without any problem inclusing temperature. The only problem is the cost Parking it is something normal in Denmark

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear qscofr1

Many thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you consider us as the city's best hotel. We suffer sadly being a city hotel, and this means that we do not have our own parking spaces. We have therefore provided a discount for our guests, so the price of parking will hopefully not be too high.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nice hotel with a smart hotelroom with designer furniture. It all looks smart, and at the same time makes you feel at ease. The bathroom is good, but I do not understand why they ended up with a shower head 190 cm from the tub floor.

The breakfast is more than good enough, and it was not too crowded when we ate. Two thumbs up for personell who are not overeager about closing the breakfast.

Friendly staff throughout the stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Baltzeberg

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor!

I'm glad to hear that you like our new rooms. We have ended up with a product which we are proud to offer all our guests.

I hope you enjoyed the large breakfast buffet. For our staff, it is important that people also have time to enjoy breakfast. Even if the guests are seated after the buffet is closed.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions now and I'm always happy arriving back.

The hotel management run a good operation. All of the hotel staff are always very friendly and accommodating.

Rooms are nice, clean and quiet, with comfortable beds It seems to me that there has been a fairly recent refurbishment of the bedrooms, with the bathrooms waiting to be refurbished another time. Don't get me wrong, the bathrooms are fine, they just do not seem as modern and new as the bedrooms.

Another big plus for me is the breakfast buffet. It is really very good, with no cutting of corners.

My first choice for hotel in Aarhus.

Dear Trebnik

I'm glad that you enjoy your stay here with us. I notice that you like many others, enjoy the eternal Yes I Can! spirit, which is characterized among our employees.

As you even mention the bathrooms are unfortunately not yet brought up to date as our fine new rooms. However, I hope that all our new renovated rooms can cover some of the bathrooms. We expect however that these also are supposed to bring in better condition as soon as possible.

I hope that we can continue to be your preferred hotel in Aarhus, and see you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Radisson Blu does a great job of making a business trip to Aarhus a good experience. The restaurant and bar are convenient and the food quality is very good. Once again it was a good value and I will return soon.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Daniel M

Thank you for sharing your opinion here on Tripadvisor. I truly appreciate your kind in regards of our restaurant and bar. The people in these departments fight hard every day to deliver the perfect product. Words like yours are very motivating to them. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel is situated in a quiet but central location next to the ARoS Art Museum and the Concert Hall and close to the pedestrian street. The room was clean and spacious, but the beds were too soft. The bathroom seemed a little worn, and the shower in the bathtub was very difficult to operate (got a lot of cold water down my neck). Helpful and friendly staff and fantastic breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear UllaCph

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's central location.

I do of course regret that the shower was a little difficult to figure out. I hope, however, that the fast and good help from the staff, helped to solve the problems.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Great location. Great hospitality at the front desk.
Point for improvement, dust on the drawers when I arrived.

Guest cannot control room temperature that is pretty odd. Also, you have to pay for TV channel otherwise it's just the cable news.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Joeymoto

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As we have just updated our television package, in an effort to offer a wide variety of channels, we have chosen some of these channels must be acquisition channels.

I hope that this helped to destroy the whole image of your stay. I also hope that we will be able to welcome you here with us again.