“Great experience in Aarhus”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We planned a weekend trip to Aarhus where we booked a night at Radisson, due to it's very central location. We arrived quite early (1 PM) and didn't really count on our room being ready - check in time is normally 3 PM. However we wer pleasently surprised that upon our arrival, the necessary arrangements have been made and half an hour later we could move in. I can't put my finger on anything connected to the reception staff, since all of them were very friendly and helpful.

I upgraded our booking to the suite, using eStandby upgrades, which provides you available premium rooms for a fraction of their regular price. And I didn't regret it. It was equipped with a very nice sofa arrangement, comfortable beds, very large bathroom with separate shower and tub, as well as a second toilet. Additionally there was a working area, which I although haven't used during my stay. As some reviews have pointed out, the hotel is a bit dated and some of the appliances and surfaces might need an upgrade, but under these circumstances the cleaning standard was very good. I was however expecting the suite to have separate bedroom, so I was a bit disappointed of having everything within same 4 walls.

The view from the top floor was really amazing, overlooking a large part of Aarhus and especially Aros, museum of modern art.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Lunow

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for writing about your impressions of the hotel. We always welcome both positive and negative feedback, so we can keep delivering great service for our guests.
I am happy to hear how you experienced the service upon check –in. We know how important the impression is. With our motto; “Yes I Can!”, we always stride for providing our guests great services and to make you feel welcome in our hotel.
It is also good to learn that you enjoyed one of our Junior Suites, even though it did not have a separate bedroom, and that you used eStandby, which gives excellent opportunities for our guests.
And of course, let us not forget the view, which we ourselves also are proud of presenting to our guests.
Again, I thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will once more, welcome you here at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just spent a one night stay here. The hotel looked tired and needs sprucing up.

The corridor leading up to our room had white power cable extensions. I tripped over one and wondered why they were left there when they were not in use (one can conceal them a bit better.)

Now I come to the room #620 It is strange that there were no extra pillows. Normally there is always an extra pillow tucked away in the cupboard/drawer. I asked at the reception if they could provide me with a firm pillow but that was not possible. Only one type: soft.
The beds were made in a hurry, showing parts of the mattresses and the bed sheets not tucked in properly.
I could not change the temperature in our room. Only the speed.
The bathroom... First of all, the toilet needs to be changed. It was in a pathetic state. The bathtub was not clean and my partner cleaned it before using it. The shower/bathtub system a challenge, especially with soapy hands, it was difficult to turn the knobs. The toilet roll holders dirty and stained.

Our positive experience: having access to wifi, a great view of Aarhus, the location, friendly staff, good breakfast, (however it started out with a dirty coffee cup. It was quickly replaced with a clean one.)
Check-in and check-out were a breeze.

I am a member of the Club Carlson programme. However, when I booked, I found it was cheaper to book on hotels.com in comparaison to the hotel's own homepage. So during check in I was told that I would not receive any points since I had not booked directly. So keep that in mind when booking!

I had expected this hotel to be like the Radisson Blu airport Hamburg hotel, spotless, sharp and clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Soomi

First and foremost, I appreciate your honesty. And thank you for taking your time to give us feedback here on Tripadvisor. Without feedback like yours, we are not able to develop our product.

I am truly sorry to hear about this obvious bad experience you had at our hotel. And I am regretful that we did not show you our well known Yes I Can! spirit.

As an extension of your criticism of our pillows, I have now launched an inquiry into the possibility of expanding our selection of pillows. It is clear that there should be something for everyone.

In regards of the air-condition problem, it should of course be possible to change the temperature. I am sorry that this was made impossible due to technical problems.
However I hope you will give us the chance of showing you our high level of service, next time you are in Aarhus.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Always stay here in Aarhus. Lovely hotel, great staff and service. The breakfast is brilliant - although I'd prefer the crispy danish bacon variety changed with what you'd have for a normal english breakfast in stead... But that is my only critique at all ;-) Definitely THE place to stay in Aarhus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Karinawh

First of all thank you for taking your time, to make a review of your stay. And to share your experience with all of us, here on Tripadvisor

I am pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay. I know that words like your, will be gratefully received by my employees. There is of course always a difference, in how we all want our bacon. But I’m sure that we can make the perfect bacon for you, next time you’ll visit Aarhus.

With the best wishes of a great summer

Reviewed 29 April 2014

After a 26 hour travel day it was SUCH a relief to stumble into this hotel. Eskar and Sarah at the front desk were fantastic fonts of info for this idiot American and his first time visit to Denmark. The room was great, QUIET and the inclusive breakfast was filling and regional. Location-wise, I was able to walk to EVERYTHING and the train station was maybe 10 minutes away. The full service restaurant was delicious and the service was extraordinary. I *hope* to have the opportunity to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Layover

Thank you so much, for sharing your experiences with us, here on Tripadvisor.
I notice that you like many others, enjoy the eternal Yes I Can! spirit, which is characterized among our employees. And I can assure you that I will forward your kind words to Eske and Sarah. I know that it is feedback like yours, that motivates our employees to deliver this outstanding service every day.

I hope we’ll have the chance of accommodate you at our hotel again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

On a holiday road trip into scandinavia, I used this hotel as a solo traveller. I stayed before in the Raddison SAS hotels, and like previous experiences, this one has a spacious lobby, modern designed hotel rooms, clean and very friendly desk staff. Very good breakfast, enormous choice, it isn't cheap either :-). The hotel is next to the Aros museum, and near the heart of the city. Sufficient, though public, parking space right in front of the hotel, which came to be very handy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear JesseV

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently refurbished rooms and spacious lobby. And it pleases me to hear, that our great breakfast buffet and central location, made your stay even better.

I hope that we can have the pleasure to accommodate you again in the future.

Best regrads

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed here twice now. The hotel is centrally located next to the modern art museum and close to the train station. It has the usual ascetic scandinavian design. Everything was perfectly clean, no luxuries, but all necessities. This is great for a business trip, but if I were traveling for tourism, i would probably choose something smaller with more charm. However, the best thing about this hotel is breakfast buffet. I travel a lot of my job (staying in hotels more than 1 month a year). This hotel had one of the best breakfast buffets ever. A ton of variety and high quality. Good service as well!

Dear TallyfromNYC

Thank you so much, for your kind words. I am glad to hear you had a good stay with us. I am pleased to hear that the staff took good care of you, and that you enjoyed our big breakfast buffet.

I look forward to welcome you back, next time you visit Aarhus.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This has become my favourite place in Aarhus, so hence a very rare 'excellent' rating from me. The room I had this stay was renovated compared with last time in Dec 2012 so now even better. Very relaxing decor, helpful staff, good restaurant, free lobby PC: pretty much has it all. It's expensive, but by DK standards good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear ICE-Zugfahrer

I am pleased to hear that we have managed to raise it all to a higher level, compared with your first stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated, state of the art, rooms.

I hope to see you soon back here in Aarhus, and that we will continue to be your favorite place in Aarhus.

Best Regards