“Wonderful food”

Ranked #5 of 507 Restaurants in Aarhus
Price range: US$16 - US$66
Cuisines: French, Danish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Mefisto is an everyday restaurant located in the heart of the charming Latin Quarter in Aarhus. With emphasis on fish and seafood in a classical and modern combination Mefisto offers a wide selection of food ranging from brunch to a four course seasonal menu - all at affordable prices. The fact that fish and seafood is of special importance at this establishment is furthermore supported by the 2016 win of "Best fish and seafood restaurant in Denmark" as well as the fish cookbook written by the charismatic owner Lars Kyllesbech. The restaurant is casually decorated and the atmosphere is relaxed and unpretentious. During the summer months the restaurant opens its courtyard which adds another dimension to this beloved place. Whether you are looking for a professional environment to host a business lunch or a romantic setting for a dinner, Mefisto welcomes you with warm, personal and friendly service every day of the week.
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Personal atmosphere and excellent food in the Latin quarter of Aarhus. Possibly a bit more pricey than the surrounding area, but the food is definitely worth it. Lunch is great, dinner even better. French food with lobster as a speciality (Tuesdays are lobster days). Would I go back? Absolutely

There are newer reviews for Mefisto

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We just walked by Mefisto on our way to another place that we had been recommended but looked at the menu and decided to there instead. That was a very good decision 'cause the food was great and good service! We felt welcome and courted. We had today's appetiser which was with elderflower and really refreshing. I then had the smoked tenderloin as a starter and the fish as main. My husband had confi of pig as starter and the shortrib as main. We shared the strawberry dessert. The food was tasty, nice accessories and beautiful plating. Overall a very good experience and we really recommend this place!

1  Thank karinpeder
Reviewed 15 July 2014

One of the better places in the latin neighborhood, in Aarhus. They serve a lot of fish, lobster and things of that sort. So if you like great seafood, you should give it a try. I can recommend the traditional danish dish "stjerneskud" which means shooting star.

The waiters are young and seem as part-time staff, but still have a high service level and big smiles :-)

If you come to Mefisto when there is good weather, the call in advance and book a table in the nice little garden.

Enjoy.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This adorable little restaurant was one of the highlights of our Baltic Sea tour. The main dishes are almost too beautiful eat. The main courses were incredible, but it was the desserts that made us speechless. It's a crime I live so far away or I would eat here a few times a month!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my second time at this restaurant so I tried it in winter time and in summer time. With the summer they open their small back garden which is so cozy! I just loved it! It's perfect for couples but for friends as well.
I suggest you try the mussels soup: it is a dish to die for.
If you're looking for a special place, this is the place.