“Has become overpriced, with declining quality”
Review of Jacobs Bar BQ - CLOSED

Jacobs Bar BQ
Price range: US$10 - US$64
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Danish, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Midtbyen
London
“Has become overpriced, with declining quality”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've dined in Jacobs perhaps 8 or10 times across the years I've been visiting Aarhus. It was once a bastion of good quality steaks served in a buzzy atmosphere by efficient friendly staff at reasonable prices.
Sadly these standards seem to be declining. The last couple of times have found the steaks patchy in quality - rather tough and cold when served - and the prices have shot up.
An aperitif, soup, single beer, and a small steak now cost almost $90! Service is still friendly - but at these prices one expects more - much more. A shame.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank boatmusdir

Aarhus, Denmark
“Popular place !”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

They hit the balance between quality and price. The quality is fine but not fantastic – but the prices are reasonable. There is a small garden at the back where you can eat al-fresco in the summer. It is popular for low-key business dinners and families

• Visited August 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice & tasty grilled food”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a quite nice dinner at Jacobs Bar BQ. We ordered the mixed grilled platter and the meat was perfectly cooked. I had some difficulties choosing the sauce and the waitress ended up bringing me both which was very nice of her (and I would definitely recommend their Bearnaise sauce). We also took some desserts (chocolate lava and pancakes) and they were both delicious.

The restaurant was really not crowded, which was very nice and gave a very relaxing atmosphere, but I must admit that the service was quite slow. The waitress was extremely nice and friendly but it took us quite some time to just get the drinks first and then the food.

Overall, would definitely recommend the place as they have very tasty food for good value.

• Visited March 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food ok but poor service”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Food ok but poor service. We waited a long time to receive our order, food was ok, nothing special. We were disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Trondheim, Norway
“Price & value are ok”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I went with a couple of colleagues there this week. We were 5 persons and didn't have a reservation. After waiting for 10min we got the next available table. I had falafel with hummus as a starter, rainbow trout with an oven potato as main course and the chocolate cake for dessert.
My starter came at the same time with my main course, cause the others didn't want to have a starter. Unfortunately the falafel have had a too long bath in the deep frier and were pretty dry but very greasy. I let those go back which wasn't a problem.
The trout was grilled and had a very nice flavor. The chocolate cake came originally with a ball of ice cream, which I skipped. It was very good. Two colleagues had the same dessert but wanted the ice cream. When they saw the tiny ball of ice cream, not bigger then an average walnut, we were all kind of surprised. That could have been a bit more. Otherwise it tasted good.

The service was friendly and good. Sometimes it took a while because they had so much to do. It's probably best to reserve a table beforehand, otherwise you might end up with not getting a table.

• Visited November 2012