“Jacob's Cafe is an undemanding but OK venue”
Review of Jacobs Bar BQ - CLOSED

Jacobs Bar BQ
Price range: US$10 - US$67
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtbyen
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Whilst I stand by my recent criticism of Jacob's steak restaurant, I was recently taken for lunch in its adjoining cafe, which is unassuming and reasonably inexpensive. The chicken pasta in white wine that I had was nicely served, garnished with fresh basil leaves. The room is pleasant enough, and the service polite and professional. So as a venue for light undemanding fare, it passes the test.

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I went to this place at least few times, the lamb chops in this restaurant is one the delicious food to eat, 5 tapas were also really good.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've dined in Jacobs perhaps 8 or10 times across the years I've been visiting Aarhus. It was once a bastion of good quality steaks served in a buzzy atmosphere by efficient friendly staff at reasonable prices.
Sadly these standards seem to be declining. The last couple of times have found the steaks patchy in quality - rather tough and cold when served - and the prices have shot up.
An aperitif, soup, single beer, and a small steak now cost almost $90! Service is still friendly - but at these prices one expects more - much more. A shame.

3  Thank boatmusdir
Reviewed 19 April 2013

They hit the balance between quality and price. The quality is fine but not fantastic – but the prices are reasonable. There is a small garden at the back where you can eat al-fresco in the summer. It is popular for low-key business dinners and families

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a quite nice dinner at Jacobs Bar BQ. We ordered the mixed grilled platter and the meat was perfectly cooked. I had some difficulties choosing the sauce and the waitress ended up bringing me both which was very nice of her (and I would definitely recommend their Bearnaise sauce). We also took some desserts (chocolate lava and pancakes) and they were both delicious.

The restaurant was really not crowded, which was very nice and gave a very relaxing atmosphere, but I must admit that the service was quite slow. The waitress was extremely nice and friendly but it took us quite some time to just get the drinks first and then the food.

Overall, would definitely recommend the place as they have very tasty food for good value.