“Central location and great breakfast buffet”
Review of Britannia Hotel

Britannia Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Esbjerg
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Central location and great breakfast buffet”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel has the perfect location in Esbjerg close to shops and restaurants.

We stayed for 3 nights and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a large bathroom. We did miss some bath products/essentials – there was only an “all our shampoo” dispenser in the shower. We had expected more from a 4 star hotel (and on the website there is also a picture of some bath products).

We did not use the Wifi as you needed to login in and we were not given the password/details upon check in. It seems that the hotel used to have free parking, but now charges DKK50 per night. However on our confirmation from a booking site it was stated that our stay included free parking, and when we showed this to the reception, we were granted free parking without any problems.

The breakfast buffet was great with a wide selection. We also had dinner at the restaurant Brasserie B one evening and it was delicious. Even though it was a bit pricey, we had a wonderful evening. There is a nice patio outside close to a small garden where you can sit and enjoy the sun and a drink.

Would definitely recommend the hotel for a short stay in Esbjerg.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Hotel is located in the centre of Esbjerg, has a big parking area.
Rooms are clean, big enough and comfortable.
I needed to turn on the heating system, because it was very cold in there, but I guess thats because I am not Danish :)
Breakfast is great, I must have scrambled eggs in the morning and they have great. Everybody can choose from buffet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dollar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Very central for all city activities, bars and shopping. Friendly and war welcome, very clean and comfortable room. Restaurant pricey but good menu selection and food first class. Breakfast buffet was fine and plentiful. Reception staff go out there way to assist, had no reason to complain about anything. Would return next time in the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed twice at this hotel. I had two difference rooms, one was very small the other was bigger. So if you have the option, choose the bigger one.
Both rooms were clean and the furniture was well maintained.
The location is very central to the city and restaurants are in walking distance. The breakfast is ok.
The staff is extremely friendly and I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for a recent business trip, have been to Esbjerg a few time but had not stayed at the Britannia before and feel it is the best of the hotels available which is not that many.

Very central in town and close to shops, bars etc. but shops close early so not much open on dark November nights..

Room was clean and comfortable, I had a single which was small but suited my purpose fine for a short two night stay.

Staff on reception were friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was pretty standard and had everything I would expect.

Same restaurant as breakfast is used in the evening and standard of food and service was very good.

Would definatly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hognoul, Liege, Belgium
Reviewed 6 November 2013

A bit old fashionned hotel near shopping, pubs and restaurants. Rooms were of a good size and clean without being fancy. Good parking facilities as well. Restaurant offers good food with large buffets for breakfast and lunches. Night club in the basement.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Extremely disappointed with the customer service received at this hotel!! On arrival to the hotel I overheard another hotel guest complaining about the broken air conditioning. So I asked the hotel concierge when this would be fixed,to this he replied they were waiting on parts and that it would be fixed by tomorrow. (I would like to add that it was between 27-34 degrees outside during our weeks stay) Well unfurtunatly this was a complete lie and even by the time we left a week later, you guessed it it was still not fixed!!! What I find utterly amazing was the lack of an appology or even a discount on the room considering we were slow roasting in our bed every night. And to top it off we were woken up every morning at 07.00 by the workmen who were re-pointing the walls of the old tourist info building which sits just opposite the hotel. I have to say that I'm extremely ashamed to be Danish if that's the level of service we are offering our foreign tourists. ( My husband and I live in Scotland and this was his first trip to Denmark) Last but not least I filled in a complaint form and have still not heard anything back,shock horror way does this not surprise me!!
Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple