“Very cosy and pleasant stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stege
Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 15 Stege B&B and Inns
Vanløse
“Very cosy and pleasant stay!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very nice stay in the Hunter and Sunset rooms, Nice to have a bit kitchen facilities. Perfect for a family. Lovely breakfast and beautiful surroundings close to Stege city. Take a trip to Nyord, a beautiful little island.

• Stayed April 2014
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear CecilieAm
Thank you for your kind review - and your stay in the room "Hunter/Sunset family suite" at Tohøjgaard. As you say, this room has a small kitchenette, where you can make light meals. But is is also possible in our lounge - for all our guests - to make coffee/tea for free or prepare a light meal. Of course the big cooking is not possible, but then I do offer the possibility of ordering a meal here - and who wants to cook too much, when on vacation? And all around the island there are good offers on going out to dine, from the old fashioned danish inn in St.Damme to the fish restaurant at Klintholm and several different places to eat in Stege.
Kind regards Christine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Esbjerg, Denmark
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent three nights in the Hunter Suite with my girlfriend aftter Easter. We got lucky enough to have 3 amazing days with sun and warm so going around and exploring was particularly pleasant. The room was very cute and comfortable with a nice view and several amenities. I enjoyed the breakfast which looks appealing even by colors and the dining room itself is cosy. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Maurizio
Thank you for spending some time here at Tohojgaard. It looked like you and your girlfriend enjoyed the warm and flowering spring, and it pleases me, that you recommend the place here on Trip Advisor.
Yes, I love colors - in nature, and I my decorating the rooms. And, as you say, I even play with the colors, when I arrange the fruit centerpiece, I use for the breakfast buffet. So I much appreciate, that you noticed and complimented that as well.
I wish you a nice summer - and maybe we will se each other again.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spend a single night in the lovely Panorama room. Couldn't have been happier. We were kind of sad we weren't staying any longer. Get the breakfast as well! It is fantastic. Not your usual cheap bread and marmalade thing. Omelet and eggs, yogurt, fruit, sausage, cheese and all your could possible desire.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Lauge J
Thank you for your review. Though it sounds a little rude, I'm glad to read, that you were sad, you didn't stay longer. That means, that I have succeeded in, what I love to do: to make my guest feel so good, that they don't want to leave. You shall be very welcome here again.
Kassel, Germany
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Have been in Tohøjgaard Bed & Breakfast already last year (2013) and it was an absolut lucky chance. Promised to come back if again visiting Møn - and this was finally due this April!

Tohøjgaard is a very cosy B&B, tenderly led by Christine. Nice, very clean rooms with loads of pleasant details, great beds, great views to the sea close by, in the middle of nature with only birds singing and the sound of the waves. Very good breakfast served in another very cosy dining room. Møn's capital city Stege is only some minutes by car and offers some nice spots for shopping and dining.

I am very sure - Tohøjgaard will be my lodging quarter whenever I travel this part of Denmark! Hope to have the chance to stay some more days in the future to enjoy the rest and recreation in that lovely spot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi Markus

Thank you for your review - it was so nice to have you back again, …. and to read, that you plan on coming again :-) For a B&B host it is the finest recommendation, when guests return for another stay, so thank you for that.
Until next time - greeting from Mon / Christine
London
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We spent three nights in the Hunter Suite during March and really enjoyed this B&B. The room was cosy and plenty big enough, with a useful fridge, kettle, crockery/glasses etc and dining table. Christine is such a lovely host - really friendly, serving us delicious, fresh breakfasts and dinner one night. Mon is a gorgeous island - while we were there it was a bit wet and cold but I'm sure is more stunning in the summer, and there's lots to explore. The B&B is minutes from the beach and I did some lovely runs around the area, only seeing the occasional tractor or hare bouncing across the road! If we ever find ourselves in this part of Denmark again I'd love to come back to Tohojgaard.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear LucyElizabeth

Thank you for your stay here at Tohoejgaard Bed & Breakfast, and for you lovely review. Visiting Mon in March can be a challenge, since we are so close to the Baltic Sea, and winter can be stubborn, holding it's grip. Though this year, 2014 you had more luck, than had you come last year, where snowstorms made ​​the island somewhat impassable. Then - getting to April and May, everything wakes up again: the hares hopping around, "dating", the migrations birds passing over the house, hundreds of starlings resting on my lawn, and not the least the sun rising from the ocean in cascades of golden light.
But still Tohoejgaard with its the surroundings, and not to forget the Cliffs of Mon is always worth a visit. As you say, "Mon is a gorgeous island" :-) Spending a couple of days here, as you did, give you the opportunity to get to know it a little bit, to fall in love so to speak, (and at Tohoejgaard there is a discount for staying three nights or more). I wish for you, that you will be able to come back some time - in summer or autumn, - we, the island and I, will do everything we can, to make you happy.
Best regards Christine
Orewa Beach, NZ
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here.
We had the 'Hunter' room and it was absolutely charming, such quirky and gorgeous personality!
It had everything we needed, with lovely touches and was very clean and tidy. The bathroom is down the stairs by the front door, but this was absolutely fine. Rooms are not serviced daily but this didn't bother us.
The views from the rooms were so lovely and relaxing over the bay and countryside.
The owner was friendly and professional and happy to tell you more about the history of the island or things to do.
There were lovely communal areas too - lovely gardens and sun room, Christine has really created a truely relaxing oasis here.
We had decided to purchase daily breakfast and the range was good, everything very fresh.
We did not take any of the dinner options, however if we were to return I think we would get dinner on some nights - I think given the quality of the B&B and the breakfast etc, the dinner is probably very good too!
Location wise, it was not far from Stege where we ate at restaurants each night, and was a good base for exploring the island.
Overall, Mon Island is a stunning place to visit, we were so glad we went - it's very scenic, with lovely villages and the awesome white cliffs. A great long weekend! We would whole heartedly recommend this B&B for your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Bunny81

Having guests from the other side of the earth is always fantastic, and having such a splendid review from an experienced traveller like you is even more fantastic - thank you very much!

I appriciate you liking my way of decorating my B&B, all the rooms are different with names, and your room "Hunter" is named so, since it is possible to watch the hunters go for some pheasants on the field just outside the window (mostly in October / November).

You are right: I don't do housekeeping in the rooms, when guests are staying for two-three nights, in order to respect your privacy, but thank's for bringing it up here. I will bare that in mind, so guests from next year can require a room-service if needed / wanted.

And should you come back - next time you are close to Mon, this beautiful island in a corner of Denmark - please come and stay again on Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast and enjoy one of my dinner options.

My best regards Christine
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The whole experience at Tohoejgaard is overwhelmingly satisfactory. The views at the B&B's grounds. The utmost relaxed atmosphere in all the places inside and outside the B&B. The spacious garden with flower-corner, loungebeds, newly build wooden playset with ropes (wood used from original telephone pole at Mon). The very nice furnished rooms that suit the whole setting very well. The places to see and go to in the near neighbourhood. And the very courteous and friendly host. We had an extremely relaxing stay at this beautiful B&B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Michel B
I'm very glad and honored to read your review here, thanks a lot. Yes, I have a great garden with fruit trees, strawberries to pick, plants and flowers and places to relax. As planned, I decided to create a little playground for children, teens (and playful grown ups) , coming here, that might not be so interested in walking around, studying the flower beds. This fall, I will put pictures on my website of the result.
Kind regards Christine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stege
Hotel Residens Moeen
Hotel Elmehoj
#4 of 5 in Stege
Klintholm Bed & Breakfast
No photo provided

Been to Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!