“Great place for lunch ”
Review of The Old Brewhouse

The Old Brewhouse
Reserve with
The Old Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Stege
Price range: US$16 - US$62
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This place is tucked away in a little courtyard, plenty of seats inside or outside. We had a variety of open sandwiches which were all excellent. We also sampled their in house brewed beers which were all really good. The service was also excellent, overall I'd highly recommend the Bryghuset Møn.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We got a table outside - yes! Lots and lots of guests tries this place and I understands why. Great food for great price!

We tried the todays specials and I got deer (super big piece!) for only like 120 DKK! And it was delicious. Not to mention their own beer sorts that are quite nice! Try the samples and get a large one from the one you like the most :)

1  Thank RosaRussinet
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We order the "fish of the day" and it was a DELICIOUS salmon! I heard as well that the "fish of the day" it was really good and worthy. The home made beer is excellent!
It is worth a visit if you're by the surroundings!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We tried the lunch here and it was good and tasty. For me service is important as well. The waiter was really eager to get done with us fast. After ordering our food, I asked for a little glass of water for my baby and the answer was: I have bottle water, and I said its for my baby and he just answered me, I am not allowed to serve you free water. What the H! After we had our first meal, I wanted to order some more. He saw me getting the menu, but he just did not come over. After 5 min or so, he came over and said: sorry you can´t order any more. The kitchen closed at, just now. It is closed and the open again later. I did not find that ok. I left the place with an annoyed and u satisfied feeling. Service Bryghuset you have to get better at.

1  Thank MissSinai
Reviewed 9 January 2014

the Brewery at Stege is a private operation that brews four interesting types of beer, from Pilsner to dark ale. Situated right next to the impressive-looking copper stills is a warm and cosy restaurant that caters both for lunch and supper visitors.
Being Danish through and through, the restaurant serves many Moen specialities based on the herring...... a fish that, hundreds of years ago, provided fame and wealth for this little island. The lunch menu is well within the budget of travellers who can enjoy a platter for as little as £6. The supper menu offers a relatively limited, but delicious choice of dishes ranging from a simple prawn or gravlaks dish to a fine steak or side of beef.
Those with a healthy appetite and a taste for beer may well wish to sample all four of the brewery's ales. Or, as a self indulgent treat, an irish coffee steeped in whisky and covered in cream can round of the meal in a most pleasant way.