“Excellent blues bar”
Review of Mojo Blues Bar

Mojo Blues Bar
Ranked #13 of 162 Nightlife in Copenhagen
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We went on a Monday with free admission. Fantastic atmosphere and singing in English....... well it is blues. Good choice of local and Belgium beers as well.

1  Thank Bob M

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just by accident we saw this tiny place. I know instantly and already from the outside that all the tick marks for a great place for blues lovers are checked."Mojo" is the name and the place has it working. It's tiny, cramped, has the black-and-white pictures of the artists who appear on stage on any given night, has the old, faded oriental carpet on the stage. And the place has all the blues-coolness you can imagine. I wondered when the band would start playing. The answer from behind the bar: When they are on stage! I asked when that might be. The answer: At Mojo-time... I ordered the beer and gave a good tip. The band played good, very experienced, relaxed, New Orleans and Chicago Blues. It wasn't BB.King, of course, but it was right there and it filled the place with the right atmosphere. And that's so rare outside the US. Yes, it's a smoking joint. And I am a passionate non-smoker. For some reason I did not notice the smoke that much. It did not bother me. Maybe I picked a day with less smokers or they improved on the ventilation. So, you non-smokers, you might get lucky and be able to enjoy it too. Finding this place made my day. I read there is a cover charge some days. We got there before 10pm and entry was free.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Get in before 10pm for a chance of a seat and no cover charge, and see the local talent playing solid blues like they do in Georgia :o)
Open mic night is good fun, and the Tuborg on draught is around 30DKK for a pint, sorted...

1  Thank Jim A
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Staying in Copenhagen we went looking for a place with live music. It appeared to be just around our corner. Even on a (boring) monday night there was a really nice musical gathering in the Mojo bar. Every monday night they have this singer-songwriter event. Really cool. On tuesday night we went there again, this time we were surpised with African music. Very good musicians, relaxed atmosphere.
One critical point: visitors may smoke here, which they done on a large scale. So your clothes and you all smell like cigarettes. Nevertheless very good!

1  Thank Frank H
Reviewed 13 August 2013

ahhhhhhh its smokey, sticky floors, cramped, sweaty, small bar...........and great great music. What else could you ask for. Its well worth a visit and we had a great time.......can get crowded, we arrived about 915pm and managed to get some seats but ended up standing anyway....happy crowd who love music and we watched a great little four piece group (sorry didn't get a name) who rocked through three sets with great energy and skill..........about 75 dk on the door to get in.....cheap for the entertainment. We will be back. !!!!!!!