“good value for money”

Ranked #26 of 41 Copenhagen B&B and Inns
Ghent, Belgium
“good value for money”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

My 12 year old daughter and I spent 3 nights earlier this month at The Pea Blossom. The B&B is hosted by a friendly and helpful former dancer named Katrina. The rooms are ok, not luxurious, and have proper and clean beds. The bathroom is being shared with other guests. During the first night it got a bit noisy from the nextdoor neighbours. The B&B is located within 15 minutes walking distance from downtown. It is a proper value for money place to stay in a fairly expensive city.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2011

First of all this
Place has no sign whatsoever and is therefore nearly impossible to find.
When we arrived the room was not ready and we had to stand and watch feeling rather awkward whilst the landlady made the room ready.
The two small towels left on our beds you would have thrown in the bin years ago faded and threadbare!
We were told to help ourselves from the bathroom each day to clean towels (as there was nowhere to dry them) only to find there never were any. It was only due to the kindness of a young lads in the next room that we had one between us on the second day that we had one at all! When I did manage to pin down the landlady Katrina, her response to the towel situation was to shrug and say "I've only just arrived they must all be taken" she clearly did not realise that most people like to shower every day and need a towel to dry themselves.
The light in the room was so poor we couldn't even read a book in bed at night. When it came to paying the bill we were directed to the nearest ATM as only cash would do and an awful lot of it too in my opinion. This is a place where a fast buck is being made for very little effort, nothing more than a yout hostel. My advice, go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank simpson434

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I enjoyed The Pea Blossom the moment I stepped in and met with Karina, who welcomes you warmly and her helpfulness is priceless. My room was spacious, bright and I slept like a princess...what more to expect!

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Katkat2
Milano
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The Pea Blossom B&B is situated close to the main train station of Copenhagen in a nice neighborhood with a lot of restaurants, nice cafes and shops. The appartment of the B&B is quite big with a long corridor and a nice and large kitchen at the end. Our room was big and well furnished with sofa, big table, TV and plenty of storage space. The owner Karina was very friendly and helpful when ever we needed something. We slept well in the comfortable bed, only in the morning we woke up when the other guests were walking outside of the room, as the nice wooden floor is quite noisy and the door quite thin.
The price of the room isn't cheap, but Copenhagen isn't a cheap place in general. If you're looking for a comfortable room in a friendly atmosphere and you don't mind to share the bathroom, the Pea Blossom is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MistaTripsta
Canadian in Europe
Reviewed 7 April 2010

If you're looking for a great B&B in Copenhagen, this one was a terrific find. I was visiting the city alone for a conference and this place turned out to be exactly what I had been looking for. Quaint, roomy, bright, cheery apartment near the downtown core. The hostess was absolutely fabulous, warm and welcoming, and excellent at answering any questions I had about the city or about entertainment outside of work obligations during my visit. She was exceptionally accomodating when I slept through my alarm and almost missed my taxi to the airport in the early hours of the morning...she got up to make sure I got out OK, for which I was very appreciative and wasn't required of her. I felt very well taken care of and at home during my stay. Excellent pick, I'd recommend this place any day. If you are looking for guenuinely nice people, great service, fabulous location and adorable apartment, this place is for you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank becsplace
lisboa
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Very disappointed!

Choices of B&B in Copenhagen are plenty. The reasons we chose this overpriced B&B is because of our wrong expectation . Paying 800Kr/night for this B&B instead of another B&B that was only 500Kr/night meant the worst experience I’ve ever had in European B&Bs. You see how bad it’s:

1.the cloth (as a curtain I supposed!) in the twin room didn’t work as its width was too short to let us hang it on the window corners;
2. No rubbish bin inside the room, we’d to throw the rubbish in a very small bin in the kitchen that was used by around 10 guests in total in the B&B, worse, the host, Karina, didn’t empty it daily!
3. as the host didn’t care the B&B, we found flies in the kitchen, and even a flying one inside the fridge, that’s terrible and sick!
4. Don’t expect to use the kitchen area for breakfast bought by yourselves. The kitchen table was big enough for 6-8 persons, but the host put only 4 chairs around it. If you don’t pay 100kr for the breakfast prepared by the host, there is no seat for you. We believe the host intentionally put just enough chairs for those who pay for breakfast!
5. Similarly, don’t expect to use the kitchen for cooking. The host said it’s not allowed!
6. So, what can you do at night if the biggest social area – the kitchen – is not convenient for the guests? Reading inside the room? No, you can’t as the room’s dark, only 2 small lamps in the room, it’s not decent!
7. It’s quite noisy during certain period at night. We, a total of 5 persons, stayed in 2 different bedrooms. One facing the backyard could hear the neighbours talking at night very loudly. Another could hear dust-cart loading the rubbish in early morning.
8. The B&B has around 5 rooms for 10 persons, but only one toilette and one toilette with shower, you can imagine how inconvenient it’ll be!
9. If you think this B&B has trendy interior design of Scandinavia countries after seeing its photos, we’ll tell you it’s only your own fantacy. Actually, it has no big difference from a home in Asian countries equipped with a bit furnitures from Ikea.
10. If you expect to chat with the host, know more the city, the people living there, etc, you’ll be disappointed as she was moody and we saw her long face many times.
11. At the day we checked out, as we took train at1:00pm, so we asked if we’d put the luggage somewhere in the B&B and took it at 12:00pm, the host asked us to put it in the corridor and return the entrance key to her first (all bedrooms have no lock, we’ve only key to open the entrance door of the apartment). When we told her we’d have a walk in nearby streets before 12pm, she still wanted us to return the key and gave us an excuse that other guests are coming, so the key’s needed to pass to the next guests, if we came back, we’d ring the bell. Well, she’s right as after 10am, check-out guests should not go back anymore, not mention the key. But it’s actually a matter of convenience or hospitality. It’s not a bedroom key, is it?

We’ve ever stayed in B&B in different cities: 2 cities in Portugal, 2 cities in Holland, 2 cities in Belgium, Prague, 5 cities in Germany, 2 cities in Italy, 3 cities in U.K., 9 cities in France, 4 cities in Switzerland, Oslo, Copenhagen and Luxembourg. Staying in someone’s home is always our first choice, B&B the second, and hotel the third. So we are the ones who won’t expect hotel service, instead, we prefer the hospitality of the host, chat with them and home-feeling is very important. As travel is a great thing in life, so we usually accept everything if it doesn’t go too far. Moreover, there are cheaper choices of B&B!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank voyage06
madrid
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I stay in the Pea Blosom for 3 days on august with my partner and the experience was really good. Karina is very friendly and help us a lot in everything. The house is situated in a centric, beautiful and quiet neighborhood.
Thank you very much from spain.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple