Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade
Tivoli Hotel(Copenhagen)
US$343
US$316
  • Pool
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$643
US$627
Agoda.com
3,125 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbudget hotelcentral stationfrosted glassminute walktivoli gardenslocker roomshort stayfree wifitrain trackscity centresmall deskrent a bikeluggage storagetivoli hotelplace to sleepan expensive city
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Don't expect a luxury hotel, but don't expect a hostel either. This is a very modern hotel, with compact but well-designed rooms that seems bigger than they are.

I travelled by car and found it very easy to get there, and the secure garage was spacy and seemed very secure, plus that it was easy to get from the garage to the hotel, just pass through a sliding door and you're in the lobby!

The location was perfect for me; quiet and a 10-15 minute walk to get to the town centre or Ködbyen (with lots of interesting restaurants).

All in all a great hotel, and a good value for the money. The only thing I can complain about is that the curtain let too much sun through so it got kind of lit up in the room very early which made it a bit hard to sleep, perhaps it would be wise to install window blinds!?

I will most likely stay here the next time I visit Copenhagen!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 6 May 2014

great value very stylish hotel just a 10 mins walk from the central rail station set in a very safe and quiet part of the city centre great staff very helpful for about £5 a night up grade go for a corner room on floor 17 or above great views and double windows shower was fantastic bed was comfy 4 lifts that all work will stay here again and again

Room Tip: corner rooms for a great view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank steve d
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel is like a hostel for people like me who do not stay in hostels - but who freak out when they realise just how expensive it is to spend a weekend in Copenhagen!

Do not expect a mini bar or fridge, a safe, a wardrobe, or anything much other than the bed, TV and bathroom with what I can only describe as a shower "pod".

There is however free wifi which I found worked the whole time I was there (contrary to a few other reviews)

It's 250DKK from the airport via taxi. It was 150DKK to the DFDS ferry terminal for the trip I took to Oslo (best £65 pounds I ever spent BTW)

You can hire a bike from reception for 150DKK for the day - I would totally recommend it - just be careful on the roads, there are bikes everywhere!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Hopskipandajane
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Wake Up Copenhagen is clean, quite new with a strark quite attractive modern style. The rooms are somewhat small rather like a large cruise ship cabin, the bathroom has a stylish all frosted glass wall design which was quite attractive. I thought it was a great value and one of the better reasonably priced hotels I've stayed at in Europe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheUglyDog
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Pros: WakeUp's design is modern, minimal and really fancy. I loved how it looks like. Also it is located perfectly.
The room was small, however it is okay. First surprise was there is no wardrobe or a single drawer. The bathroom part looks cool, however the 10 ml sample of shampoo/gel is enough to wash your hands. Also the staff did not simply clean properly my room.
Two times I was misguided by the guys on the reception which I do not understand. One wa about the rates, other is the laundry. I just do not understand if someone does not know something, why they need to guess.
My overall impression was they do they work on the minimum, no one wanted to help me if it was needed which is just not okay in a hotel.
So the outlook and the place is technically really good. The service has some real issues. I will not spend more time here, whatever cheap it is.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Subrutine
Egefjord, Gæsteansvarlig at Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear previous guest (Subrutine),
First of all thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Wakeup.
The shampoo is a standard size, but if you should need extra you would always be able to get this by request from our housekeeping or reception.
The room rate depends on the category of room you choose as well as payment method and where you decide to make your booking, maybe this has been the reason why different rates have been mentioned.
We do of cause not guess the daily room rate, and also our laundry rates are fixed depending on the items.
If the item is not on the list from the external laundry service we have to call them for the exact rate.
We would like to apologize if the communication was not clear and you got the feeling of a bad service.
We are offering limited services, but this sounds like a misunderstanding we can only apologize.
We hope you still enjoyed your stay in our city and would like to welcome you back with us in the future.
Kind regards,