“A good Crowne Plaza”

Ranked #3 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Mjolby, Sweden
“A good Crowne Plaza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed two IHG Reward Nights at Copenhagen Towers and had quite a pleasant stay.
The hotel is located pretty much right in between Kastrup Airport and down town Copenhagen.
We took the train to Kastrup and used the complimentary shuttle service from there to the hotel.
Think we had to wait less than 15 minutes before the shuttle showed up, not bad.
Check in was very smooth and we were upgraded to an Executive Club room.
The room was of good size and offered views towards the city as well as the sound.
Everything was nice and clean, beds were comfortable. But most importantly (for me at least), the room was very quiet. Even though there were construction going on just outside our window we almost didn't hear anything from that site.
Location might be a bit off if you want to have all attractions at your door step, on the other hand there is a metro station across the street. Metro ride takes about 10 minutes to the city centre. There is also huge shopping mall just a few minutes away, we found a few bargains at the supermarket over there.
We enjoyed the club lounge quite a bit. Nice and quiet, good coffee and drinks selection. Maybe a bit short on the snacks.
Tried the restaurant, or rather the bar, one night as well. Menu was limited as the main restaurant was closed during the days between Christmas and new year. Food was tasty but pricey.
Breakfast was nice, quite a good selection to choose from. Everything was nice and fresh.
Overall we had a good stay and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j_a70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times now and in general I really cannot fault the hotel.
The rooms are clean and spacious and the black out curtains ensure a decent nights sleep. The rooms are also well sound insulated and we were not disturbed at all by the sound of other guests.

The only gripes I could have is that the bar area and particularly the car park smell like a backed up drain. This could be because the hotel sits very close to what looks like a flood plane and on this occasion it was raining / snowing heavily.

Breakfast and parking are pricey too. 169 DKR (£20) for breakfast each was a little steep considering it is only the usual fayre and overnight parking is in the region of £20 a night, if staying for 3 nights that came up as half the price of the car rental. The car park is also very tight to get out of, unless you are a very confident driver you will find yourself whincing and breathing in every time you pull into the very narrow lane to leave.

It seems that the hotel is a favourite stopover for flight crews and business travellers and the facilities are clearly geared towards this.

In general the hotel is convenient, clean and well staffed but bland and cold in terms of architecture and everything extra comes at a (very high) price.

In all honesty when you are paying £160 per night for a place to crash down and wash up, complimentary parking and breakfast really should be included.

I have also stayed in the Marriot Copenhagen, Comwell Roskilde and Prindsen in Roskilde on numerous occasions and all of these had complimentary breakfast and parking.

Room Tip: We had a delux room and this didn't seem much different from a non-delux room. Save your mone...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaddyLondon
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here for three nights in one of the hotel's family suites. Booked through the hotel's own website and payed just over DKK 3000 without breakfasts. Since this was just going to be our overnight base in between a number of Christmas family visits in the Copenhagen area, we were not concerned about nearby tourist sights or supercosy atmosphere. If you are, this is probably not the place for you since as others have written, this is a big corporate hotel outside the city centre.

For our purpose, this place was perfect and a real bargain. It was modern, clean, quiet and spacious. The "family suite" is really two full sized double rooms with connecting doors which can be opened and closed from both sides. Good beds with decent bed linen. Fast 2 MB internet per room allowed for a quick Netflix fix before sleep. The large parking underneath the hotel was DKK 150 per 24 hrs. We brought our own food so breakfast was no concern, and there were tea kitchens in the room. Reception staff was professional and friendly. We didn't try the gym or swimming pool (which are in the shopping centre some 200 metres from the hotel).

Room Tip: 2204 and 2205 faced the Sound. If you want view over the city, choose the opposite side of the hotel...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank annsic
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I choose this hotel because I wanted to be close to the airport the night before our flight back home. Our flight was leaving early in the morning. I was also attracted by the fact that they had a shuttle to the airport from the hotel. When I checked in I learned that the shuttle for the airport starts running at 6AM which was too late for me. I ended up taking a taxi to the airport and this was more expensive then usual since was a night fare. Hotel is modern and rooms are big and comfortable as in US. The beds were also big and comfortable. The hotel has reliable free wi-fi. The metro stops very close to the hotel and provides easy access to downtown Copenhagen. The front desk staff is very friendly and will provide you with all the information’s you need in order to reach your destination using the metro. They also sell metro tickets. We will stay again for a short visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Horea R
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two consecutive weeks recently, visiting on business. I have given 3 stars for this review, but I'd rate my two stays individually as 4 stars and 2 stars.

General Comments:
Location is fairly good. There is a 5 minute complimentary bus shuttle from the airport. It is a short walk to both the rail and metro stations (about 20 minutes to the centre). As well as this, it is opposite the huge Fields shopping centre, but there isn't much nearby otherwise.

The hotel is modern and, in my opinion, quite attractive on the inside. It has a bar which serves food and a more formal restaurant - the bar was more to my taste and marginally cheaper.

The hotel prides itself on its green credentials, which is something I can support. However, this caused the problems I experienced in my second stay - explained below.

First Stay:
On my first stay I was allowed to check in a little early and got a very warm welcome. My room was spacious and very clean. I especially enjoyed the underfloor heating in the bathroom, and everything worked as expected. The staff were polite and helpful and I left happy to book the same hotel again the following week.

Second Stay:
On my second stay, I did not arrive until just after midnight and I spent an age at reception with a seemingly disinterested receptionist. She had to ask what type of room I booked, and I was stood there for far too long waiting for her to find me one, tired from my travelling. The room itself was smaller, which is fine - I may have been lucky before. My advice would be to ask for a room which does not have a connecting door to the adjacent room, as the desk is much smaller and less suited for working.

Then I started to have issues. I had bought some milk, but the mini bar was locked - not a problem, I rang downstairs - no answer. I popped downstairs, was told I wasn't properly checked in, and the staff member sorted this for me quickly.

However, all of the electronics in the room are connected to this system. It is to prevent energy wastage when a room is not occupied - but it very much was occupied with me that night. The air con did not work and the bedroom was far too hot. The underfloor heating, which I loved so much last time, also did not work - leaving the bathroom cold.

No answer from the phone again, so I headed downstairs once more. The same person I asked about the minibar came up to the room to see the problems first hand. He said this was symptomatic of me not being checked in properly. He told me that he would sort it and then ring me. I waited for over an hour, rang downstairs and again no reply. It was nearly 2.30am and I had a 6am start the next day, so gave up and tried to sleep in the hot room. I had a dreadful night sleep and was not at all well rested for work the next day. I never heard from that staff member again.

In the morning, I went to the bathroom (still cold as there was no heat from the floor) for my shower. However, the shower turned itself off 5 seconds every time after turning it on. By this point I was fed up, stormed downstairs and said this has to be sorted immediately. Finally I got someone competent who did fix it, but he told me I was wrong and that things were working when they clearly weren't.

When I checked out (thankfully I only stayed 2 nights that week) I got another disinterested receptionist and it capped off a disappointing stay. These may seem like such trivial complaints, but the most basic thing you want from a hotel is a good nights sleep - which I did not get. These are not issues I want to face after travelling, and I knew from my previous stay it could be so much better.

I think my final comment is that every staff member improved my stay the first week, and nearly every staff member worsened my second stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alexrdevans
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear alexrdevans,

We sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us again and for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received and the room you had. Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Can't fault it.
I prefer more quirky, unusual places to stay but it would be mean to base my review on my personal choice.
Free hotel transfer arrived promptly. You just go to the information desk at Arrivals and order it in the iPad there.
Hotel was clean, rooms were fine and free wifi access.
Transfers into the city centre were easy: three minute walk to metro and cheap travel. £19 for a three day pass which included buses and s trains. 24 hour metro access with trains every 4 minutes so the out of town location was not a problem.
Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vickst
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

You may book hotel shuttle by ordering it at the airport infodesk iPAD, it comes pretty quickly. It is only 5 minutes drive. The hotel is big, very modern, very stylish and clean and literally stainless. Excellent, well-trained and extremely helpful staff. Abundant choice at breakfast. Cloub lounge with the choice that reminds you of airport business class lounges - for those staying in executive rooms. You cannot open windows but aircon was working pretty well. Metro station quite close, it is not a very far ride to downtown. By the way, downtown Malmo is much more interesting than Copenhagen, so if you have a choice, get to the airport by hotel shuttle and take a 20 minutes ride across the bay to Sweden. Rooms may be bigger probably but the bed is really nice. The minibar was also a pleasant surprise. I will stay there again and certainly recommend to others. Well done, CPC Towers management!

Room Tip: Get an executive room so that you can access the lounge. From 18 to 22 you can relax there. drink an...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business