“Nice hotel- recommended!”

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Modern, clean and well appointed hotel, close to the airport and about 10 minutes from the city centre; there is a metro closeby also. The airport shuttle is easy to use and complimentary; simply book the shuttle using the i-Pad at the Tourist Info stand in the Arrivals Hall.

Our bedroom was spacious with a clean, modern bathroom; the floor was also heated.

Wifi worked well throughout and was free. We had a room on the 21st floor with views towards the airport.

Food was good in the hotel but pricey; however, Copenhagen is such an expensive city.

Staff in the hotel were really helpful and always willing to help.

A taxi into the centre will cost around 240-270 Krona.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank elninomagico

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Excellent building , great friendly service , and tremendous architecture , stayed for a weekend and was pleased with all levels of service , train ride or taxi to copenhagen which is easy enough to get to , local area has a large shopping centre which is the only alternative you will find for food and drink within walking distance , all in all a nice hotel with friendly staff .

1  Thank ABID A
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Not far from the airport and train station.
room newly renovated and spacious. good bedding;

Very good and various breakfast.

very kind staff: at the reception, restaurant and conciergerie. Staff is flexible, smiling and helpful.
special thank to the concierge Oussmane for his kindness and advices.
I got also a very quick and complete answer by email from Johan before my arrival.

1  Thank anaemorie
Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you are looking for a hotel near the airport, this is a good choice as they provide a free shuttle van to/from the hotel. When you arrive at Kaltrup airport, just go to the information counter, there is a reservation pad to book your shuttle. We waited for less than 30 mins for the shuttle to arrive. There were no signs to direct us to the shuttle stop. Being a first timer to Copenhagen it was a letdown. We asked the hotel staff for help but still we need to get out of the terminal in the cold and snowing weather to find the stop. Was afraid too that it will leave us if they could not find us and we do not know how long we might have to wait for the next to arrive. For your information, the shuttle resembles a van with crown plaza logo displayed and it was black in color.

The rooms had different views and I thought being a platinum member of Priority club, we will be upgraded to a better room and better view. Unfortunately not. Prior to the booking, we requested for high floor but were given a low floor with a terrrible view of the crane right in front of our room. Asked to change and we then were given one on 16th floor with the same view.

The rooms were modern as it was quite new but I was not pleased with the coffee making facilities as the boiling kettle given in the room was not descaled and thus there were a lot of impurities at the bottom. They actually could have just gave it a thorough scrub before they put it in the guest room. The box for putting the coffee/tea sachets were terribly dirty. How could a good hotel brand like this present such things in the room. Perhaps, housekeeping department need to re train its staff and emphasized the cleanliness.

As the hotel is near the train and subway station, it made the journey to the city very convenient. If you were to go to Malmo, Sweden, just take the shuttle bus to the airport and change to the train there to Malmo. It's more convenient than to take the train to the city. Besides it was too cold and snowed so much when we were there.

There was a shopping mall called Fields which is near the hotel. You will find a good selection of shops but as for eating there, basically it was very American. I was looking for a good danish restaurant but could find it there.

I would stay in the city if its not winter as I believe the city hotels have more character.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Angela k
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Angela k,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see the high score for Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stay here regularly through work, and have to say it's one if my favourite to visit...
The top floor rooms offer breathtaking panoramic window views, rooms are stylish & contemporary, the whole place has a luxury feel to it. Close to airport...but expensive! (If your company isn't paying ;) )

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Having only two days between a stay in Latvia and a return to the US, this hotel was perfect. It was clean, comfortable and accommodating.

The much touted breakfast was indeed very good, but I think I would have been less enamored by the third day. The quality is definitely there, but the variety somewhat limited.

The shuttle to the airport, one of the primary reasons for selecting this hotel, works very well on the return, but is a bit of an adventure at the front end. Do note that hotel/shuttle contact is made on the reservation device at the information booth. You will then need to find the pick up area, wait a bit while maintaining a look-out for the hotel van.

All in all, I would stay in this hotel again if in Copenhagen. While access to city center is a bit of adventure, with suggestions from the hotel concierge it, to me, it is far more convenient than staying in the city center, especially for a sort stay between flights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mimi0352
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have always struggled to find somewhere good to stay in Copenhagen. So much so that on a trip in December I decided to pack all my appointments into a single day to avoid staying. That was a big mistake - in came the mother of all storms and BA texted me to say they were cancelling my flight. Frantic, because I had no overnight 'stuff' or makeup for the following day, I managed to get the last SAS flight out and curtailed my visit, promising to return, as I did last week, and to stay over. I read good reviews of the Crowne Plaza and decided to give it a go. First off, it is the best I have stayed in so far in Copenhagen, but still not great. The staff were brilliant, I have to say - all very charming and friendly and the food I had at Storm was wonderful. The reason I didn't really like it was the 'in your face' environmental tosh - sitting eating dinner or breakfast I don't want to look up to see a massive notice saying that all the food waste is ground down for biogas, and all the other blah, blah environmental stuff. I also don't like the hermetically sealed environment - I couldn't open the window as it was alarmed. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, so I may stay again given I can't seem to find anywhere more to my liking.

4  Thank Minnie12359