“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
San Francisco
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed for three nights while touring Copenhagen. The room and hotel amenities are excellent. Hotel itself is located in the middle of nowhere, and is tailored to business travelers and cruise goers. I am not quite happy on a few things. The night prior to departure, I wanted to pay off some balance with the leftover Danish Krone. Due to confusion I hand over the British Pounds, and they took them and used Pounds to pay off the balance, given that they know in the first place I have told them I am going to clear all my Krone. Once I found out the mistake, they simply told me nothing can be done. On the morning we were leaving at 6:00 AM, the breakfast (pre-paid in the package) is only open at 6:30 AM (which is really odd for a hotel claimed business friendly). Outside the breakfast area they have a few cold dishes for the early riser. By the time we got there, nothing left, not even coffee! Complained to the front desk, and asked if we can just go inside the dining area to have some coffee and they said no.

Copenhagen is a vibrant (although very expensive) city, my family love it. My daughter these days still mentioned the bike culture of Copenhagen!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Liaohe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy that our location was convenient for your needs and you found our amenities to be excellent. However, I sincerely regret that the level of customer service received from our staff was not completely at par. The feedback we have received from you will be used to consider for improvements needed.

Despite this, I hope you see us soon should your travels bring you back to Copenhagen.

Best Regards,

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband, my brother stayed here for four nights this Aug 14. A lovely 4* hotel that lacks a pool.
The staff were most helpful and couldn't have been anymore helpful and friendly,

The club lounge is a must with free drinks and canopies 6.00pm til 10.
free breakfast(the hot items cold tho unless you eat at 6.30am)
There was a terrace for guests with club lounge access which was great with the super evenings we enjoyed!

Room Tip: Pay extra for club access.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
South Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel two nights before our Baltic Cruise and one night after. We had nice rooms both times. The bathroom had a separate tub and shower. Bathroom amenities were good. Close to the metro station - which we purchased tickets at the hotel to ride into Central Station, but couldn't figure out how to get back to the hotel. The people at Central Station said it didn't leave from there. (This isn't the fault of the hotel, but you might want to ask for their direction before leaving - just to make sure)

The staff was friendly and helpful. We had access to the club lounge and had breakfast and afternoon snacks there. That was helpful, as food in Copenhagen was quite expensive. The free Wi-Fi was more than adequate for checking weather and e-mails.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PadreGirl
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We selected this hotel because others were either full or significantly more expensive for seemingly much less. It is convenient to the airport (free shuttle), modern and very comfortable. At first you could be put off by the fact that it is seemingly way out from the city center in the middle of a major office and apartment development area under construction, but it is a very easy 5 minute walk from the train or metro and a 10 minute ride to the city center from there, near a major shopping center with a good (seriously) bakery, and has air conditioning (a rarity in CPH). We stayed for two nights and were very happy. Absolutely would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank den2423
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers is a great hotel as a stopover hotel as it is located 5-10 minutes away from the airport by the free shuttle service they offer. It is located close to Orestad stations if you need to commute into the city and close to Bella Convention Centre.

I took the free shuttle bus which is located in front of terminal two which they have posted on their website. The helpful driver loaded my luggage into the shuttle and a short while later we were at the hotel after dropping people off at the Bella Centre. At check-in I was greeted by a friendly lady. I asked about the free shuttle back and she booked me onto my preferred timing straight away. She thanked me for being part of the Rewards Club. She then went onto advise that there was free wifi.

The room I had was a deluxe king room. It was of a good size with a comfortable king bed. I had a good night sleep. The bathroom was on the smaller side but was very functional and had a double shower only. I prefer this over shower over bath. I like how the lift required key for extra security.

They also have gym on second floor which is the same level as the club lounge. Good range of gym equipment.

I tried the room service and whilst it is pricy (I am in Copenhagen after all) it was delicious and served by a nice room service attendant.

Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend as a layover hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank rc33
Aalborg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Rude and arrogant staff at the front desk - both by check-in and check-out the next day. Rooms are quite small. Free pick-up service from the airport is a nice feature though. Would go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Wolle06,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Texarkana, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just five minutes from the airport, the free shuttle was convenient to get to the hotel; however, it does not run early enough for early morning departures so we had to take a taxi. At check-in, the employee asked if we needed a wake-up call which we were going to request anyway for 4 am in time to take a 5 am taxi to the airport. When we got to the room, we had the assurance of getting the timely wake-up call when we saw a small sign stating "Wake Up Call Guaranteed or Your Room is Free." Luckily, my husband woke up 10 minutes before the expected wake-up call that never came or else we would have missed our international flight back to the States. When I commented about it upon leaving the property, the desk clerk simply said, "Sorry" without offering any remedy. Other than that major glitch, the subway to city center was easy. The room was spacious with an excellent view and the bed was comfortable although it had a strange set of two comforters, one for me and one for my husband. The bar / restaurant areas seemed a little cold in appearance, but that was probably due to the modern design of the building. We took the convenient train to the city for dinner; the train was very inexpensive but food and beverage prices were expensive. I would stay again at this hotel if I needed a convenient location to the airport, but that is the only reason to stay at this Copenhagen hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DebFulmer,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am delighted to hear that you found your room spacious with an excellent view and beds comfortable. On the other hand, we’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G